SWA has posted 2 GSE Mechanics openings

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Just wanted to let some of you AA mechanics know that SWA has posted 2 external positions for GSE mechanics. One in Dallas and one in Orlando. GSE mechanics can bid into the Aircraft mechanics locations. This would be a good way to get your foot in the door for the future Aircraft mechanics positions opening up starting next month at a rate of minimum 5 mechanics per month for the rest of the year for our new 4th line of maint. starting July of next year (2013).
For you guys that are going to be effected by the lay-offs coming up at Alliance and would like to stay in the area watch Southwest.com under carreers on a daily basis. They just posted back on March 2, 2012 that they are testing 26 mechanics for the interview process. Start applying now, get tested and move on to the interview. A good time to get in, as there are more hiring probable after the Wright Amendment goes away as well as the full integration is completed with taking on all the maint with the added aircraft from AirTran purchase. Good luck to all. I have heard that SWA is looking for AA experienced mechanics that may be affected by the closure of Alliance. Not only are they experienced, but it would be very easy to keep those guys local within the DFW area. I will try to post as more A/C mechanics positions come open, but I strongly recomend you guys check it daily, and several times per day. And when you see a posting jump on it immediately as they usually come down very quickly due to the overwhelming responces SWA recieves from mechanic postings.

Reactions: 5 people
Just wanted to let some of you AA mechanics know that SWA has posted 2 external positions for GSE mechanics. One in Dallas and one in Orlando. GSE mechanics can bid into the Aircraft mechanics locations. This would be a good way to get your foot in the door for the future Aircraft mechanics positions opening up starting next month at a rate of minimum 5 mechanics per month for the rest of the year for our new 4th line of maint. starting July of next year (2013).
For you guys that are going to be effected by the lay-offs coming up at Alliance and would like to stay in the area watch Southwest.com under carreers on a daily basis. They just posted back on March 2, 2012 that they are testing 26 mechanics for the interview process. Start applying now, get tested and move on to the interview. A good time to get in, as there are more hiring probable after the Wright Amendment goes away as well as the full integration is completed with taking on all the maint with the added aircraft from AirTran purchase. Good luck to all. I have heard that SWA is looking for AA experienced mechanics that may be affected by the closure of Alliance. Not only are they experienced, but it would be very easy to keep those guys local within the DFW area. I will try to post as more A/C mechanics positions come open, but I strongly recomend you guys check it daily, and several times per day. And when you see a posting jump on it immediately as they usually come down very quickly due to the overwhelming responces SWA recieves from mechanic postings.

Thx for the info. May I ask what city this 4th maint. line going to open up? Thx.

quote name='exs' timestamp='1332442474' post='882243']
Thx for the info. May I ask what city this 4th maint. line going to open up? Thx.
[/quote]

4th line will be in Dallas, Tx. we are hearing somewhere between 50-80 new hires through the next year to the end of 2013. We are still ran so thin, SWA will never over hire. Get in now as we are hearing of some future hiring.

Thanks for all the info.
I interviewed for a position at Southwest at HOU back in 1988 in the new hangar there. Do they still give the "psychological" interviews? I was asked some strange questions as opposed to the interview at AA where they basically stuck a mirror under everyone's nose....... :lol:

Thanks for all the info.
I interviewed for a position at Southwest at HOU back in 1988 in the new hangar there. Do they still give the "psychological" interviews? I was asked some strange questions as opposed to the interview at AA where they basically stuck a mirror under everyone's nose....... :lol:

Now days they test you first, if you past the test they know you are experienced in working on aircraft. Then you are interviewed, during such interview you will be asked sitsuational questions. Something like what would you do if you saw 2 co-workers in a heated argument? Of course you will get the operational (mechanical) questions from the mechanic and sup that will be interviewing you. If It is all the same as before, you will be interviewed by an HR person (people dept), a mechanic and one more maint personal ranging from sup on up to and including a director. Then when you get hired and start on the floor, you very well could, and most likely will be working right next to the mechanic that interviewed you, AND you will have to report to the very same supervisor, manager, and or Director who also interviewed you...

4th line will be in Dallas, Tx. we are hearing somewhere between 50-80 new hires through the next year to the end of 2013. We are still ran so thin, SWA will never over hire. Get in now as we are hearing of some future hiring.
What checks are performed on these three lines at DAL? C checks or D checks (what AA calls "heavy C checks")?