***SWA Hiring Update***

Still doesn't change the fact that you and your other vote NO camp followers succeeding in rejecting the 2010 T/A and keeping the AA AMT's below where they should be. Or did you forget the role you played with your forecasting future events that never happened?
Doesnt change the fact that you and the VOTE YES Concessionistas prevented us from asking to be released, and dragged out negotaitions until the day the filed BK as punishment for voting it down.

Yes I forget, please refresh my memory of forecasts that never happened, with links please, not to say I dont trust you, but I dont.

Reactions: 2 people
Still doesn't change the fact that the mechanic group is the one and only group being hired right now. I know what you are trying to imply, but the current hiring, 3-12 thru 7-13 will be diectly related to contract language nego in by AMFA after the teamsters left us wide open for international outsourcing WITHOUT any limitations, none, notta ZILCH!! SWA/AMFA's nego team was smart enought to get limitations as well as an opertunity to, yet again, bring more maint in house. If it wasn't for AMFA's nego language there would currently be 8-12 lines of maint in Elsolvador, and nothing would have been added to the Dallas maint lines. Matter fact with the teamsters language SWA could of moved more of the maint from here to Elsolvador.
AMFA is also the main pusher behind the push for the much more stringent oversight of not only international but local outsourcing as well.
As far as hiring at SWA, there has been a hiring freeze for all groups except for the mechanics, due to the 4th line coming to Dallas next year in July, as well as future hiring for when the W/A goes away and international growth begins to flurish next year and beyond. And lets not forget about Denver maint at the end of 2012 or early 2013 will be growing up to 30 plus mechs for maint up there.
Now, please tell us all; when was the last time the TWU or the teamsters ever were able to generate a hiring pool due directly to contract nego language at Southwest Airlines?? Answer; They have not... Nice try, I'll give you an "E" for effort though.

Reality,
So you took the time to answer Bob, after he responded to my post to you, but, yet, you did not take the time to respond to my post directly to you. Once again, that speeks volumes yet again. Pls keep posting, LOL...

Reactions: 1 person
Doesnt change the fact that the mechanic group is the one and only group at AA that went into BK wAAy below the rest of the industry, at the bottom, and gave up at least 17% more.

Forgive me Bob, but, at least 17% more than what before? Are you saying 17% more than the lowest airline. Or, are you saying 17% more from the previous conssesions at AA?

At SOME point in the future, can the discussion within a thread's topic remain relevant to that topic? What the Hell does a SWA Hiring Update have to do with AMFA/TWU bickerings???? If you guys wanna #### about our respective unions, create a thread and ####!!

Everything you listed above is true. Yes, you have it right/correct. Not sure where your going with this, should I even ask??

You know absolutely where he's going with it. Hence my earlier post about going off topic. Bob, I agree with you 100% when it comes to AMFA vs TWU, but that's NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT. SOME of us are losing our jobs and would like a heads-up from the likes of swamt so we can hopefully find gainful employment in the future to feed our families. We do NOT CARE to sift thru anti TWU crap when we're trying to get a heads up on WN's hiring processes. Take care....

Reactions: 1 person