SWA Is Hiring, Airline Employee Shortages

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
With all the recent computer glitches (2 @ res and booking) and another in maint. all around the same time caused a bunch of cancelations as well as delays in the past month or so. Another employee shortage is holding back SWA from growing as they wish due to a rather overwhelming # of folks taking the early out packages and retired. Only speaking about the Mechanics group here, they are looking to hire at least 130-150 mechanics now thru the end of 2021 and I believe they said even more going into 2022 by March I think he said.
They will be hiring for all over the states in a bunch of locations, so list your favorite locations in order of preference. And remember to act quickly as most all airlines get flooded with resumes and apps when hiring for Mechanics, F/A's and Pilots.
Good luck to all who apply...

When you pay people an extra $20K per year in unemployment benefits, why would you go to work?... That extra $600 and then $300 a week from the Feds coupled with waiving the requirement to look for work while receiving UI has had a worse impact for some small businesses than pandemic shutdowns did...

NOBODY 'Give a ' CHIT ' about Small Business's, who, like here in NH, who have been RAPING workers for DECADES with SLAVE WAGES, forcing people to work 2-3 Jobs ! Let those types of 'Small Business DROP DEAD ' !!!!!

Thanx to C-19, UI insurance bennies and Bernie Sanders, the young people of today will NOT STAND for IT, any Longer !!!!!

A brief shout out to the VERY FEW Small Business's, who bent over backwards to treat workers fairly here in COW HAMPSHIRE.

I big Coffee chain here on the east coast, DUNKIN DONUTS, here in NH, down the street from me, hung a banner saying "HIRING", $13 ph. I check weekly in the store, and NOBODY has applied, since the advertisement went up, " NO ONE", and it been up for a MONTH.

And why should they, seeing 15 miles south on I-93, in Massachusetts, paying a $13.69 minimum wage, with many " D-D's " shops, just barely over the state line, paying $15 PLUS !

This ASS-Hole gov. here in NH, vetoed a minimum wage increase from $7.25 to a measily $10 ph, to protect SMALL BUSINESS's !!

Attention NH small business's.

HOW's BUSINESS ????????????????????????????????????????????????

When you pay people an extra $20K per year in unemployment benefits, why would you go to work?... That extra $600 and then $300 a week from the Feds coupled with waiving the requirement to look for work while receiving UI has had a worse impact for some small businesses than pandemic shutdowns did...
The unemployment benefits will not affect the mechanic hiring at all. That "extra" unemployment $$$ won't stop mechanics applying at SWA when they will have the potential to be making between 100K-150K. Plus, when SWA has any openings for the Mechanics, F/A's and Pilots the more career minded isn't playing with the benefit games that some folks are with higher pay than what they were making before the benefits. Also with the rare openings of jobs at SWA, I am sure plenty of folks will apply ASAP to get their foot in the door, otherwise that door will be closed for years to come.

That's great for SWA, but like it or not, it does matter for the contract ground handlers and overhaul shops.

Bears might not care about small businesses, but the national average is 45-50% of **all** jobs come from small businesses.

No small businesses, no airline passengers.