Busy couple of months for AMFA Organization's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard we may be seeing an extension offer soon. Something in the range of 3 years, a bump in pay with NO language changes. Stay tuned industry for more info on the details.

Done deal, the extension is out as an AIP. Also been a couple very, very busy months for AMFA National:

AMFA-SWA AMT CBA EXTENSION AIP TERM SHEET SUMMARY
June 4, 2023 -- AMFA and Southwest Airlines have reached an agreement in principle (AIP) on an extension to the Mechanics and Related collective bargaining agreement (CBA). AMFA and Southwest will now work to convert the AIP into a tentative agreement (TA) for your review and ratification. Attached is a summary of the AIP.
Read More

NATIONAL PRESIDENT UPDATE - APRIL AND MAY 2023
Jun 7, 2023 | Headline

June 7, 2023 -- The months of April and May were a busy couple of months for the Association. AMFA will continue to be the voice of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers/Technicians (AMEs/AMTs) and related skilled trade professionals by leading aviation industry changes and taking a proactive approach to protecting your work and ability to earn as well as improving wages and benefits. AMFA is the only labor union that constitutionally limits itself to representing the craft/trade of AME/AMT and skilled trade groups. It is evident that other labor groups cast a wider net and utilize a more centralized system of dictators and governance that has proven to foster conflicts of interest amongst their membership.
Read More

Done deal, the extension is out as an AIP. Also been a couple very, very busy months for AMFA National:

AMFA-SWA AMT CBA EXTENSION AIP TERM SHEET SUMMARY
June 4, 2023 -- AMFA and Southwest Airlines have reached an agreement in principle (AIP) on an extension to the Mechanics and Related collective bargaining agreement (CBA). AMFA and Southwest will now work to convert the AIP into a tentative agreement (TA) for your review and ratification. Attached is a summary of the AIP.
Read More

NATIONAL PRESIDENT UPDATE - APRIL AND MAY 2023
Jun 7, 2023 | Headline

June 7, 2023 -- The months of April and May were a busy couple of months for the Association. AMFA will continue to be the voice of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers/Technicians (AMEs/AMTs) and related skilled trade professionals by leading aviation industry changes and taking a proactive approach to protecting your work and ability to earn as well as improving wages and benefits. AMFA is the only labor union that constitutionally limits itself to representing the craft/trade of AME/AMT and skilled trade groups. It is evident that other labor groups cast a wider net and utilize a more centralized system of dictators and governance that has proven to foster conflicts of interest amongst their membership.
Read More

Ignore the “facts” as much as you want because I will keep hammering away at you anyway. Your Union does not value maintaining work in-house. There’s no hiding the fact that AMFA is giving away more work for money period.

IMG_8587.jpeg

With all of Canada being Right To Work, AMFA just pissing away more current member dues.

Those AMFA frauds played their old game again. I wonder how much money Seeham got this time for all this crap?

Thanks to AMFA's nego cmte and the SWA for coming to a quick agreement for a new contract extension this time around. So nice not to have go though months and years of wondering and rumors flying. Should be done like this every year. Fair and smooth transition to keep things moving forward works in everyone's favor in my opinion.
Now, get out there and get all those new airline's, bringing AMFA to represent them. Be patient folks as it always takes a bit of time to get the first contract in place when nego a new first contract agreement.
Some busy months ahead for AMFA for sure. Good luck guys and gals.

Reviewing the full terms on the newly T/A just received and will vote accordingly soon...

Thanks to AMFA's nego cmte and the SWA for coming to a quick agreement for a new contract extension this time around. So nice not to have go though months and years of wondering and rumors flying. Should be done like this every year. Fair and smooth transition to keep things moving forward works in everyone's favor in my opinion.
Now, get out there and get all those new airline's, bringing AMFA to represent them. Be patient folks as it always takes a bit of time to get the first contract in place when nego a new first contract agreement.
Some busy months ahead for AMFA for sure. Good luck guys and gals.

Reviewing the full terms on the newly T/A just received and will vote accordingly soon...
you're a tool

Reactions: JimmyBop
you're a tool
Not a tool at all. Haven't spoke to one single person thus far that wants to go through full blown nego's again. And I for one, never want to deal with another 3,4,5 or any long term nego's again.
Now, I would like to entertain some new language, next time, to help promote early retirements, or at least some sort of incentives to retire within the retirement ages 60-65, for example only, or earlier. I just hate seeing so many of these guys staying into their 70's, 80's.
I also fully support AMFA's growth at all the new airlines coming onboard to join AMFA representation to better strengthen the AMFA's Class and Craft throughout the industry, call me a tool for that, then so be it.

Not a tool at all. Haven't spoke to one single person thus far that wants to go through full blown nego's again. And I for one, never want to deal with another 3,4,5 or any long term nego's again.
Now, I would like to entertain some new language, next time, to help promote early retirements, or at least some sort of incentives to retire within the retirement ages 60-65, for example only, or earlier. I just hate seeing so many of these guys staying into their 70's, 80's.
I also fully support AMFA's growth at all the new airlines coming onboard to join AMFA representation to better strengthen the AMFA's Class and Craft throughout the industry, call me a tool for that, then so be it.
next time.......you're a tool.

Reactions: JimmyBop
Yea, next time, wasn't in the mood to do a sec 6 opener this time around. Not willing to go through another 6-7 year ordeal again so soon.

Yeah we'll get'em next time......tool
Hey man, vote as you wish. If you wanted to open the contract then vote no on this one.
This tool, per you, as well as more than 50% plus will be voting to accept this fair and quick, as promised, offer.
You go Get'em next time, and see how many jump onboard that bandwagon. Really all depends on what takes place and happens between now and then, 3-4 years away, a lot can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts