SWA to the UK?

Tell me on Southwest where you'd see a $1,200.00 fare. :rolleyes:
AND I THINK I FOUND IT !!!!! HE HE HE !!!!!!
Southwest Airlines Air Itinerary and Pricing
Air Itinerary
Trip Date Day Stops Routing Flight Routing Details
Depart Jun 19 Tue 1 HNL-PHX-BNA 4586* Depart Honolulu (HNL) at 10:45 PM
Arrive in Phoenix (PHX) at 7:45 AM
(4586 Operated by ATA Airlines)**
162 Change planes in Phoenix (PHX) departing at 9:40 AM
Arrive in Nashville (BNA) at 3:05 PM
Return Jun 22 Fri 1 BNA-PHX-HNL 655 Depart Nashville (BNA) at 10:55 AM
Arrive in Phoenix (PHX) at 12:30 PM
4587* Change planes in Phoenix (PHX) departing at 4:00 PM
Arrive in Honolulu (HNL) at 7:40 PM
(4587 Operated by ATA Airlines)**
Pricing
Passenger
Type Trip Routing Type of Fare Base Fare U.S.
Taxes PFC Security
Fee1 Passenger(s) Total
Adult Depart HNL-PHX-BNA Refundable Fare $592.85 $33.45 $7.50 $5.00 1 $638.80
Return BNA-PHX-HNL Refundable Fare $592.85 $33.45 $7.50 $5.00 1 $638.80
Total $1185.70 $66.90 $15.00 $10.00 $1277.60
1 Security Fee is the government-imposed September 11th Security Fee.

AND I THINK I FOUND IT !!!!! HE HE HE !!!!!!
Southwest Airlines Air Itinerary and Pricing
Air Itinerary
Trip Date Day Stops Routing Flight Routing Details
Depart Jun 19 Tue 1 HNL-PHX-BNA 4586* Depart Honolulu (HNL) at 10:45 PM
Arrive in Phoenix (PHX) at 7:45 AM
(4586 Operated by ATA Airlines)**
162 Change planes in Phoenix (PHX) departing at 9:40 AM
Arrive in Nashville (BNA) at 3:05 PM
Return Jun 22 Fri 1 BNA-PHX-HNL 655 Depart Nashville (BNA) at 10:55 AM
Arrive in Phoenix (PHX) at 12:30 PM
4587* Change planes in Phoenix (PHX) departing at 4:00 PM
Arrive in Honolulu (HNL) at 7:40 PM
(4587 Operated by ATA Airlines)**
Pricing
Passenger
Type Trip Routing Type of Fare Base Fare U.S.
Taxes PFC Security
Fee1 Passenger(s) Total
Adult Depart HNL-PHX-BNA Refundable Fare $592.85 $33.45 $7.50 $5.00 1 $638.80
Return BNA-PHX-HNL Refundable Fare $592.85 $33.45 $7.50 $5.00 1 $638.80
Total $1185.70 $66.90 $15.00 $10.00 $1277.601 Security Fee is the government-imposed September 11th Security Fee.
You are $14.30 short! Security Taxes/Fees are Not Included! :lol:

Does this bode ill for LCC and the other T/A carriers? It has been said that this area of travel is saturated. Is this the next phase of T/A travel?

If people are willing to fly 4.5+hours from ISP to LAS on SWA with only a soda and a package of pretzels, it shouldn't be too hard to imagine that they would be willing to go 7 hours with the same amenities to get a good ticket price to Europe.

Smart passengers are bringing their own food on the airplane these days anyway. Even on my airline.

And, it doesn't matter whether you can prove you have cheaper tickets than SWA or that you are on time more often than they. The public PERCEPTION is that SWA has the cheapest ticket and is always on time. That's all that matters.

In its current state LCC is in somewhat of disarray. The one thing that gives me hope regarding the competition with SWA is that AWA had the "800 lbs. guerilla?" sitting on their chest for several years and managed to survive(at least longer than U would have).

In general the product has detiorated? but lacking weather problems the balance sheet would be hard to argue with.
The public has benefited from my concessions and I have benefited from still being here.

It seems to me it is all about expectations. SWA promises very little and delivers. LCC promises more than they should and spectacularly, doesn't deliver-at times. It would seem either service improve or lower expectations. I wonder which is more economical.
Tempe probably needs to decide what kind of airline they want to run.
I think egos sometimes change things for the worse when it comes to running an airline. Dr. Bonner?would be a good example.

If people are willing to fly 4.5+hours from ISP to LAS on SWA with only a soda and a package of pretzels, it shouldn't be too hard to imagine that they would be willing to go 7 hours with the same amenities to get a good ticket price to Europe.

Smart passengers are bringing their own food on the airplane these days anyway. Even on my airline.

And, it doesn't matter whether you can prove you have cheaper tickets than SWA or that you are on time more often than they. The public PERCEPTION is that SWA has the cheapest ticket and is always on time. That's all that matters.
And I wonder what the TOP Fare would be. I think SWA top fare is $349. I would guess $599.

And I wonder what the TOP Fare would be. I think SWA top fare is $349. I would guess $599.
Probably not a bad guess. I'd put the range at $250 - $500 each way for coach, ex-taxes/fees, given their propensity to price between about breakeven at the bottom and about double breakeven at the top. Maybe a little more if they had meal service/IFE. That would be for something like BWI-London (pick an airport) or about 3600 miles.

One thing's for sure - one of the true lcc's is going to do it and the 787 may be the airplane that presents the opportunity. It's not a question of "If" but "When".

Jim

One thing's for sure - one of the true lcc's is going to do it and the 787 may be the airplane that presents the opportunity. It's not a question of "If" but "When".
i think your claim is accurate!
of course, the entrance of LCCs in the transatlantic will certainly have an impact on revenue.
shouldn't we be posturing against this certainty by exploring non-european international flying?
that would require foresight and innovation, though...and this management team demonstrably has neither.

Latest posts

Back