Teamster Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
gtd said:
Is this a 3rd time to cut benefits?  Or is this still the second one we heard about awhile back and is fixin to kick in approx mid 2016?
Like WNMECH said above about Hoffa blaming others, when he was the one to get these (if this is still the 2nd cut) the one that signed off on it.  
Also very sad that they are going after the retirees who have paid into this fund for their life time, they should get full benefits they have already earned.  I smell a HUGE class action lawsuit coming to the teamsters...

WNMECH said:
I love the part where James P. Hoffa tries to blame someone else.
Laughable.
I received one of those letters for time I served with the IBT late 70's thr 80's. Everyone will be effected including retirees currently receiving a pension check except 80 yrs and over or disability.

"despite a massive $65 million annual dues increase to the International — the largest hike in Teamsters history — which the Hoffa “No Dues Increase Slate” pushed through in 2002 at a Special Convention without a membership vote."

"Hoffa promised to use the dues hike to “build Teamster Power.” Instead he’s ballooned officials’ perks. A record $44.8 million in dues money is paid to the top 300+ highest paid officials in the union. The number of Teamster officials on the IBT payroll who receive multiple union salaries has skyrocketed by nearly 600%."
https://www.solidarity-us.org/node/213

Deals made with contributing employers to the Pension Fund including UPS have contributed in a major way to it's funding difficulties that currently is exist. This guy Jr isn't even a shell of his old man.

And now at AA the Association we've been forced into has stated an agenda to put us in an identical multi-employer type Pension, IAMNPF.

One side note that GD has previously referenced, the TEAMCARE health program is a sister division of Central States Pension that shares BOD's.

JABORD said:
I received one of those letters for time I served with the IBT late 70's thr 80's. Everyone will be effected including retirees currently receiving a pension check except 80 yrs and over or disability.

"despite a massive $65 million annual dues increase to the International — the largest hike in Teamsters history — which the Hoffa “No Dues Increase Slate” pushed through in 2002 at a Special Convention without a membership vote."

"Hoffa promised to use the dues hike to “build Teamster Power.” Instead he’s ballooned officials’ perks. A record $44.8 million in dues money is paid to the top 300+ highest paid officials in the union. The number of Teamster officials on the IBT payroll who receive multiple union salaries has skyrocketed by nearly 600%."
https://www.solidarity-us.org/node/213

Deals made with contributing employers to the Pension Fund including UPS have contributed in a major way to it's funding difficulties that currently is exist. This guy Jr isn't even a shell of his old man.

And now at AA the Association we've been forced into has stated an agenda to put us in an identical multi-employer type Pension, IAMNPF.

One side note that GD has previously referenced, the TEAMCARE health program is a sister division of Central States Pension that shares BOD's.
Typical teamsters. Force the dues increases upon all members with no vote (that's pretty much what got them fired from SWA mechanics) the rest of the reasons are indicated in the rest of your post along with many, many more.  Hoffa is a lying piece of shite. Never ever have I trusted him nor will I ever or the teamsters.  They are just a bunch of crooks out to get all the money...

Reactions: 4 people
swamt said:
Typical teamsters. Force the dues increases upon all members with no vote (that's pretty much what got them fired from SWA mechanics) the rest of the reasons are indicated in the rest of your post along with many, many more.  Hoffa is a lying piece of shite. Never ever have I trusted him nor will I ever or the teamsters.  They are just a bunch of crooks out to get all the money...
They're ALL...a bunch of used car salesman.
You notice how they all seem to look alike?

This thread has been quiet lately. Although this article is not directly tied to teamsters pensions, it very well could be yet another catalyst that the teamsters will use as a tool to go after the pensions once again just like this article indicates will happen. Once again another attack on the retirees who can do nothing about it and nor did they have a vote or voice about it. Another almost 50% cut to already retired retirees going from about 3500 per month down to about 1900 per month. Yet another reason to get the "F" out of the pensions, or at least stay away if you can or have a choice.

In unprecedented move, pension plan cuts benefits promised to retirees

It's a classic Golden Goose situation... do you continue to work the plan as written knowing it will fail, or do you make some changes so that the fund can last longer?

Arguably, the union has to look out for what's good for the membership as a whole, no? Either approach is going to mean that someone will have to feel some pain.

And some more teamster troubles. Now these thugs are threatening, chest pumping and scarring pretty little women to try and intimidate. Also teamsters are damaging and vadills are cutting tires on their cars. Notice how the reported states they are using "old style gangster" intimidation. Not true, they using the same intimidation they have always used and still do to this day. Do you guys really want to keep this type of a union representing you guys???

U.S.ABC News
Trial begins for Teamsters in 'Top Chef' extortion case

And some more teamster troubles. Now these thugs are threatening, chest pumping and scarring pretty little women to try and intimidate. Also teamsters are damaging and vadills are cutting tires on their cars. Notice how the reported states they are using "old style gangster" intimidation. Not true, they using the same intimidation they have always used and still do to this day. Do you guys really want to keep this type of a union representing you guys???

U.S.ABC News
Trial begins for Teamsters in 'Top Chef' extortion case
Apology will be accepted swamt. All 4 charged were acquitted of all charges!!! I have a dinner plate of crow ready.

This thread has run it's course and will be archived. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.