Teamsters pension trustees to pursue benefit cuts

Actually it does belong here.  The UAL membership was promised over and over and over that they would be in the teamsters pension plan.  Along with a long list of other promises for the UAL membership as long as they were to vote in the teamsters, and another one of the very top promises with this pension promise was they would be put to the top of the airline mechanics pay.  Not one single item that was promised to the UAL membership has been delivered, NOT ONE!!!  But since this pension was promised to the UAL membership, it has alot to do with them, they need all the info they can get to stay away from this pension plan of the teamsters that has already been cut at least once before, and I think even twice before.  Now they are fixing to cut it again, how sad, how very sad for all the people that will have endure another round of cuts again.  Fair warning to all the UAL members, stay clear of the teamsters pensions, it has a very, very bad track record of bennies getting cut without any members input or vote.  Take your money and invest it yourselves as well as join your employers 401K, it will all do better in the long run and YOU will control it.

Reactions: 2 people
Just wondering how much longer the UAL guys will sit back and let the ibt lead them around to nowhere? What's it been 7 or 8 years since the merger and still no JCBA?  And includes 5 years of nego's with both under the same representational union (the wonderful ibt/teamsters) and still no JCBA. You all should be asking your union, where's all the promises that was promised during the card drive? You guys got hooked, lined, and sinker all the way...

Vortilon said:
GTD, What is the latest with your contract negotiations? 
Went back to the table today. The company was given a comprehensive proposal about a month ago which included the unwanted Teamster health care plan, "Teamcare."  The ibt has declared already that we will be taking cuts for our health care instead of fighting to keep what we have. Record profits and the ibt has failed to demonstrate their claim to fame, Teamster Power. I suspect they will bring us a TA within the next couple of months. One that I think will be rejected by the membership.

We are in the midst of a AMFA Card Drive here at UAL. The ibt feels the pressure but continues to ignore the wishes of the membership. Instead, they take the "we know what's best for you" attitude. We are living your worst nightmare under the ibt. Never imagined it could be this bad. Many are hoping for the buyout to get off this sinking ship. I see no happy ending here. Pretty sad.

Sorry to hear all the negative news from your camp GT.  Hoping something positive will come out of your current nego's, good luck to all of you...

gtd said:
Went back to the table today. The company was given a comprehensive proposal about a month ago which included the unwanted Teamster health care plan, "Teamcare."  The ibt has declared already that we will be taking cuts for our health care instead of fighting to keep what we have. Record profits and the ibt has failed to demonstrate their claim to fame, Teamster Power. I suspect they will bring us a TA within the next couple of months. One that I think will be rejected by the membership.

We are in the midst of a AMFA Card Drive here at UAL. The ibt feels the pressure but continues to ignore the wishes of the membership. Instead, they take the "we know what's best for you" attitude. We are living your worst nightmare under the ibt. Never imagined it could be this bad. Many are hoping for the buyout to get off this sinking ship. I see no happy ending here. Pretty sad.

Thanks for the update.  Sorry to hear about the IBT screwing you guys.  Maybe it will serve as an incentive for the fence sitters to sign AMFA cards.  We don't have much to look forward to at AA with this JCBA thing looming over our heads.  AMFA cards are coming in though.  If the douche bags at the NMB don't screw us, we should be able to at least write in AMFA on the ballot - if there is one.

Congrats to all UAL employees for the record 1/2 billion profits in the 1Q.  I believe this was a Billion in total turn around.  Great job.  Now go get what you guys deserve at the table...

swamt said:
Congrats to all UAL employees for the record 1/2 billion profits in the 1Q.  I believe this was a Billion in total turn around.  Great job.  Now go get what you guys deserve at the table...
Thanks for the laugh...