Terminal "A" , MCI

flaptrack

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Imagine if you will, looking through the darkened glass of terminal A at Kansas City International. There at the bar is a ghostly image of James Dean, his arms folded across the bar, his stare--far away. Beyond him on the ramp are other faint images, tails of jetliners: Braniff, TWA, and Vanguard. You see US Air less faint, but the dark blue is not as brilliant as it once was. Dean snuffs out his cigarette and vanishes. The smoke lingers---the other images do not.
Terminal "A" MCI "The Terminal of Broken Dreams"

My understanding was that Vanguard moved to A.

UA is moving to A this fall.

terminal_a.jpg

I think you might mean Terminal B in MCI. TWA, Vanguard, and Braniff used
to call Term B home, as well as Western. USAir is in terminal A, United in
Terminal C.

Don't forget Eastern, another of the many airlines to haul down their jetway signs at MCI.

----------------
On 8/20/2002 11:04:03 AM

My understanding was that Vanguard moved to A.

UA is moving to A this fall.

http://www.kcairports.com/kci/terminal_a.htm
----------------

You are correct on the first one, and I'll take your word on the second.
Was just passing through MCI last week, and had several hours to kill so I wandered through all three 'circles'.
A, the "Ghost Terminal", now has only US/US*, although the Vanguard signage is still up. It really is as empty as a tomb.
B is the busy place, with Herb, Delta (who moved over where Vanguard was formerly located), and AA.

C is everyone else: NW, CO, UA, Frontier, HP, and Midwest.

Incidentally, parts of all three terminals are presently closed for construction.

Seems like they could easily move US out of A and just shut the entire terminal down--MCI has no lack of excess capacity!