The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Rand Paul to challenge appointments

Sen. Rand Paul is joining a legal challenge to President Barack Obama’s recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board.

The Kentucky Republican appears to be the first sitting senator to legally object to the Jan. 4 appointments that drew fire from congressional Republicans, who say the president overstepped constitutional boundaries by installing three members to the labor board and Richard Cordray to lead the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

“With the recent recess appointments, President Obama has circumvented our Constitution and showed complete disregard for the separation of powers,” Paul said in a statement Tuesday. “He has demonstrated once again that he is willing to treat the office of the presidency like a dictatorship.”

Paul said he plans to file a friend-of-the-court brief backing legal action by the National Federation for Independent Business and the National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation. The groups filed court claims on Jan. 13 arguing that the NLRB appointments are unconstitutional.

If Obama survives and gets reelected, I think you'll see lots more challenges such as the above. The Liberty Movement is alive and growing. There is no government or Army anywhere in the world that can stop an idea whose time has come.

Great, another apple with worms in it.

If the notion of Individual Freedom & Liberty is worm then God Bless the worms!

If the notion of a POTUS actually following the COTUS is worm then God Bless the worms!

If Obama survives and gets reelected, I think you'll see lots more challenges such as the above. The Liberty Movement is alive and growing. There is no government or Army anywhere in the world that can stop an idea whose time has come.

Sparrow,
I know, YOU KNOW that every... D... + ... R ... POTUS has made recess appts.

Sparrow,
I know, YOU KNOW that every... D... + ... R ... POTUS has made recess appts.

EVERYONE else except Mr Hope & Change followed the strict letter of the law. Here there is a difference.

Democrats were successful in blocking several Bush appointments because he followed the letter of the law regarding recess appointments. The issue at hand here is not the Constitutionality of making a recess appointment as that has long been decided. The issue at hand is stated in the article and that is that technically the Senate was "In Session". Granted it was for only a few minutes a day.

So now we go to court to see if ignoring this parliamentary parlor trick is within the scope of Presidential Power. This one like Health Care will wind up in front of the gang of Nine.