The Big Amfa Win....not

James T. Kirk

Senior
Apr 9, 2003
Well it appears that amfa's settlement on Force Majeure II didn't bring back 3000 members with full back pay as it was stated in their meeting last September. In fact there only getting back 73 members and no back pay. The 73 members that are comming back have never hit the streets because the had bumping rights.
This link will take you to the pdf. document of the settelement.

http://www.amfanatl.org/Pages/06_News%26In...208-12-2004.pdf

Name: Lay Off Notice from NWA Yesterday!
Email:
Employer: NWA for now
Station: MSPB
Date: Thursday August 12, 2004
Time: 07:27:42 PM

Comments
Yesterday, Aug. 11, 2004 nine positions were eliminated in the Fuel Metering Shop, five in the Pneumatics Shop with more to come! Wheels, Tires and Brakes along with the A.P.U. Shop are to be disbanded in Oct. Wow, NWA must reinstate seventy-three positions without backpay, for how long? How many of those positions are Technicians? Anyone being recalled will be caught in a revolving door! NWA laid off 300 Technicians less than two months after the signing of this contract, with the Iron Clad No Lay Off language! None of them have returned! In March of 2001, Northwest had 10,324 AMFA-represented employees. Today, it has 5,458 dues-paying members, according to company records. That's 4,866 members on the street, with 73 returning, that is 1.5% of the members returning. Is this the Great Victory Jeff Mathews was boasting about! We are so (OH YOU KNOW).

Nice to see the TWU supporters basking in layoffs at other airlines.

What will you say in the fall when AA resumes it's cost cutting measure which undoubtedly will include job cuts?

Oh, I forget, the TWU will agree to another round of pay and benefit cuts to offset the layoffs!

Lets see,

no back pay, no one coming back,

73 people out of 2750 affected by the FM issues,

Delta pilots were the first to win a FM case,

NWA was the first to save 200 million a year on the FM cases,

NWA announces additional closings,

ETC.

Why would anyone in their right minds push for an organization like amfa that is working with management to destroy our profession at a record pace?????

The downword trend continues, are you willing to jump on the fast moving amfa locomotive to the bottom?

Checking it Out said:
Lets see,

no back pay, no one coming back,

73 people out of 2750 affected by the FM issues,

Delta pilots were the first to win a FM case,

NWA was the first to save 200 million a year on the FM cases,

NWA announces additional closings,

ETC.

Why would anyone in their right minds push for an organization like amfa that is working with management to destroy our profession at a record pace?????

The downword trend continues, are you willing to jump on the fast moving amfa locomotive to the bottom?
[post="168315"][/post]​

How about telling us about all the terrible things that are happening at AMFA represented SWA?

As far as destroying our profession explain how diverting work away from A&P mechanics and diluting our vote helps our profession?

Tell us how giving away R&D twenty years ago, which eliminated maintenance from the majority of stations "helped the profession"?

Tell us how giving away deicing "helped the profession"?

Tell us how creating a subclass of unliscenced workers, who took work away from liscenced workers "helped the profession"?

Tell us how twenty years and a well over 40% reduction in real pay has "helped the profession"?

Do you know the difference between what is "good" for "the industry" and what is "good" for the workers?

As far as fast moving trains to the bottom, thats more along the TWUs track than AMFAs. To date no AMFA member has taken a pay cut. Amfa members still get their vacation, holidays, sick time, doubletime etc, etc.

As for layoffs the fact is that more TWU jobs have been eliminated than AMFA jobs and you know it. Despite this the TWU increased revenue over the prior year. How is that?

What is the word on the TWUs force majeure grievance?

Received: 08/12/04 22:41:34 EDT
Name: liquid wrench
E-Mail:
Employer: SWA
I just voted on 77 AMFA constitution amendment items/changes. what a pleasure it is to help vote to make a difference. Teamsters or IAM ever offer that to it members? AMFA keeps us in the loop. no mushroom treatment! no back door deals or secret talks. IBT or IAM ever do that? AMFA wants and encourages open contract talks. there are no secrets. the IBT wouldn't even let its members here have a copy of the bylaws.
now we are offered a 3% pay raise for 3 years, and we are up in arms about being offered an extention. IBT or IAM offer that?

guys, what i am getting at is that this is a no-brainer..........GO AMFA! You will not be dissappointed.

GO AMFA!!!!

Hopeful said:
Nice to see the TWU supporters basking in layoffs at other airlines.

What will you say in the fall when AA resumes it's cost cutting measure which undoubtedly will include job cuts?
Oh, I forget, the TWU will agree to another round of pay and benefit cuts to offset the layoffs!
[post="168310"][/post]​

Hopeful what is being pointed out is what bad job amfa is doing of representing their members. After all NWA was the only airlines that layedoff stating is was do to the Iraqi war, and sars, with a 38% nongreiveable cap in the contract amfa can not stop NWA from farming out their work. And before you go there AA did layoff do to 9-11. But everyone that was RIT at that was recalled, and yes they again they were RIF by concessionary agreement last year. The main thing is that amfa has failed to represent their members. By the way where is your proof of as you say another round of pay and benefits cut, post the documentation of that cut. I don't beleave you will because it doesen't exist.

Kirk, what is actually being pointed out is that AMFA is the only mechanic craft and class union that is fighting for our jobs where the twu advocates giving them away!!!

I heard a rumor that the TUL warehouse is now going to be farmed out to Avion, is that true??? I know the twu allowed the MCI warehouse to be farmed out along with closing STL just not sure about the TUL warehouse. When do the guys at Oklahoma city get their notices of farming out that station or have they already??? By the way, is the twu paying any attention to the happenings in our own back yard???

James T. Kirk said:
Hopeful what is being pointed out is what bad job amfa is doing of representing their members. After all NWA was the only airlines that layedoff stating is was do to the Iraqi war, and sars, with a 38% nongreiveable cap in the contract amfa can not stop NWA from farming out their work. And before you go there AA did layoff do to 9-11. But everyone that was RIT at that was recalled, and yes they again they were RIF by concessionary agreement last year. The main thing is that amfa has failed to represent their members. By the way where is your proof of as you say another round of pay and benefits cut, post the documentation of that cut. I don't beleave you will because it doesen't exist.
[post="168368"][/post]​

Hey Jim,......AND again I ask, if AMFA "failed to represent their members" how come NWA M@R haven't gotten rid of AMFA???? Hmmm???? Only been 6 years since AMFA ousted the iam. CAN"T ANSWER THE QUESTION CAN YOU???? When is that twu drive for NWA starting???? Should be an easy win for the twu "Bubba Club"!!!!

The same old twu lies over and over again. NWA airlines management is notorious for *hitting on ALL they're employees. AMFA's "No-Layoff" clause in the contract is so strong the company had to invoke three Force Majeure's to get around the contract. AMFA fought them vigorously. You rail against AMFA for not stopping the layoffs, but you don't say a thing about AA's 3000 on the street, which I might add, the twu still couldn't stop with concessions. Now your complaining that they have FULL MECHANICS with FULL PAY returning to work. This is just the start of them all hopefully returning, because all Force Majeure events end at some time, and I know AMFA will fight untill the bitter end, just like they did at the PEB in the beginning.

You exspect AMFA to come in and correct all the failures and sell-outs of the former iam at NWA in one fell swoop. Yet, you disregard and turn away when your beloved twu screws its members over and over for twenty years. The twu agrees to the most devestating concessions ever in the history of aviation, and lowers the standard of living again for years to come industry wide. Now, we have to fight to get back what took 50 years to achieve, and with the twu, we're screwed.

We'll get 'em next time!!!! You make me ill!!!!

You come here spouting that everyone has been recalled from 911. You lie. My friend hasn't been recalled. He was furlowed as a full mechanic, and with the wonderful twu contract you love so much, the company tried to call him back as an OSM. Is that your idea of a great twu contract??? Is that something to be "twu proud" of ??? Tell us how "twu proud" you would be Jim with a $15hr paycut!!! Hey, at least I got a job!!! Right?? I got several jobs!!! Thanks twu!!!! I'm twu proud now!!!!

BTW Jim, when a vote comes, and it will, he's voting AMFA because the twu will never do anything but screw him, and now unfortunately he's living it.

Get off the "Space Crack" Jim, Spock wants his pipe back.

Punks, Drunks, Cowards, Functional Illiterates, Felons, and Scabs. The twu's finest.

NO VOTE? NO PEACE!!!!

James T. says (38% nongreiveable cap in the contract amfa can not stop NWA from farming out their work.)

Question: What is AA's grievable cap?

I have a friend that is one of the 1st ten people on the TUL recall list and has not moved in the list since he was laid off shorty after the twu allowed the company to lay off circumventing any severance pay and he has not been recalled. Where do the twu wannabes come up with this crap. If they were all called back there would no longer be anyone in the OSM classification that came from the AMT classification. I tell ya they are idiots and have no idea what is going on here in their own back yard.

Why would anyone want to keep the twu when they cannot take care of business or even know what business is that they need to be taking care of right here at AA???

I do realize there are not many left that can stomach the twu and just like at NWA, UAL, AAL, Horizon and the others where the membership has booted these lapdog company unions out and before the twu wannabes go off, I do understand there are still very small groups of tossed out of office (by the membership) cultist that are still whining and crying and posting there lies but, eventually they will begin to understand what unionism is about.

James T. Kirk said:
Name: Lay Off Notice from NWA Yesterday!
Email:
Employer: NWA for now
Station: MSPB
Date: Thursday August 12, 2004
Time: 07:27:42 PM

Comments
Yesterday, Aug. 11, 2004 nine positions were eliminated in the Fuel Metering Shop, five in the Pneumatics Shop with more to come! Wheels, Tires and Brakes along with the A.P.U. Shop are to be disbanded in Oct. Wow, NWA must reinstate seventy-three positions without backpay, for how long? How many of those positions are Technicians? Anyone being recalled will be caught in a revolving door! NWA laid off 300 Technicians less than two months after the signing of this contract, with the Iron Clad No Lay Off language! None of them have returned! In March of 2001, Northwest had 10,324 AMFA-represented employees. Today, it has 5,458 dues-paying members, according to company records. That's 4,866 members on the street, with 73 returning, that is 1.5% of the members returning. Is this the Great Victory Jeff Mathews was boasting about! We are so (OH YOU KNOW).
[post="168297"][/post]​

No worse than the attitude that Bow Owens has about line vs AO.

Personally I regret the layoffs at NWA or any other carrier. That said the silver lining is that, just maybe, the True Believers will have a harder time convincing people how great AMFA is. Assuming of course that AA will not follow in the same foot steps and simply contract out.

BTW, how much are the mechs responsible for signing off tires and brakes at the new NWA wheel shop getting? At AA they are still paid comensurate with the position, just that breaking down tires is no longer a skilled job.

I AMFA as the Ralph Nader of the union movement, maybe " if it gets bad enough people will wake up."

j7915 said:
No worse than the attitude that Bow Owens has about line vs AO.
[post="168426"][/post]​
j7915, your typical divide and conquer company tactics are sickening.

BTW, how much are the mechs responsible for signing off tires and brakes at the new NWA wheel shop getting? At AA they are still paid comensurate with the position, just that breaking down tires is no longer a skilled job.

Another typical company position "no longer skilled job". The OSM classification starting wages are $9/hr and it would cost much more to farm out, thus the phrase "inhouse outsourcing" was brought into existance via twu style business unionism. Just because the twu collects dues from them and allowed it to happen, it does not make this some kind of true union position. As a matter of fact this undermines the entire concept of unionism. Congratulations on your union buster idealisms!!!

I know of OSM's that took substantial wage cuts from other companies to come to AA and work in hopes of better things to come. Most of them are bumped out into the street with no hope of coming back and at the same time the AMT's that bumped into these positions lost their license premiums. Their only hope is that attrition, through retirements finally gets the percentage back to where the company has to put them back in the AMT classification.

Latest posts