The Current State of US Airways

When did US adopt the current (new) paint shceme? Was it not a few years back? I think this is bad management that YEARS after adopting a new livelery there are still USAir paint-scheme airplanes in the fleet. I know it does not make a difference technically, the silver USAir B737 is as good as a black US Airways A320. But, the image/perception the average customer gets by seeing the old USAir planes is that of USAir, an old, tired, troubled company. IMHO, somebody dropped the ball on this one.

FrugalFlyer....you missed the best part of this story. The F-100 Fleet was either completely repainted..or very close to it.

Now the F-100 Fleet is baking in the desert sun in MHV. Hows that for a shift in priorities?...and then people ask why we aren't making money? The awnsers are as plain as the nose on your face.
8.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/12/2002 12:51:22 PM UAL777flyer wrote:

On the face of it, it seems a useless expense. But have planes flying around in different paint schemes and liveries has an affect on your brand recognition, product and standing in the marketplace. It's often difficult to readily measure the hurt that it does. But you'd be surprised what customers say in marketing surveys.

[/blockquote]

Guess Delta doesn't put much faith in marketing surveys...
Not only are there not just two, but THREE different DL schemes flying around, couldn't help but notice that both of the DL planes parked next to my flight on Sat night in MCI were still in the 1962-vintage C. E. Woolman colors!
(which still looks better than either of its replacements...