The Definitive Us Airways Versus Southwest Thread

got stuck in there on a FULL MCI-LAS flight. It was BAD ! ! ! But thanks to our AWA flight making an Emergency Landing in MCI, that is how they protected us. From a nice wide 1st class seat to that. BAD, pure and simple.

Hope777 said:
got stuck in there on a FULL MCI-LAS flight. It was BAD ! ! !
[post="261710"][/post]​

I'm sure Southwest loved it though. Just about every MCI-LAS flight is full.

Hope777 said:
But thanks to our AWA flight making an Emergency Landing in MCI, that is how they protected us. From a nice wide 1st class seat to that. BAD, pure and simple.
[post="261710"][/post]​

I wonder if the other hundred and some odd folks who didn't have a wide first class seat felt the same.

Hey, I have flown SWA many times and have no problems. My point is a Full Flight in a Lounge seat is not fun. And if they are pulling out that Configuration, I would think they are pulling seats off the aircraft or are they making it a smaller pitch?

Hope777 said:
Hey, I have flown SWA many times and have no problems. My point is a Full Flight in a Lounge seat is not fun. And if they are pulling out that Configuration, I would think they are pulling seats off the aircraft or are they making it a smaller pitch?
[post="261713"][/post]​

The pitch on SWA planes is quite good. Exit row pitch is excellent. And I've flown a full MCI-LAS trip sitting backwards in the lounge seats. It was quite fun, actually. The "standard configuration" on the refitted 300's pretty much mirrors the 700's.

With the lounges gone there is actually more leg room & better pitch between the seats, & still 137 of them. The reason is that the bulkheads have also been removed & that is what allowed for the increased room.

Cfm56 said:
"Ghetto" airline? Please visit Dallas Love and view the business men boarding SWA flights to Houston. Go to San Jose, CA and watch the high tech people boarding flights. Watch the suits carrying briefcases boarding the flights in Chicago and Cleveland. Same for the Kansas City - Chicago flights...packed with business people. The list goes on because these business people learned a long time ago that a reliable, dependable airline with good frequency is a better value than any airline with "clubs" and all the "Preferred Gold Chairman Select Platinum blah blah blah BS" who can't be counted on to simply deliver their checked bags. Throw in families looking for a good deal and you have an airline that has a great mix...and all their money is the same.

The airline you called a "ghetto" airline pays their suppliers and contractors. They don't throw people on the street and create nightmares for families. They give their employees raises instead of demanding give backs. For you to call SWA a "ghetto" airline is beyond absurd. People often demean things they are jealously envious of or what they can't have or aren't a part of.
[post="261210"][/post]​

No No No

Oakland..........Talk about ghetto

SWA is comin straight out a Compton!!!

You cannot get a meal at all on SWA,
Buy you own and bring it.

or even watch a movie on SWA,
I sat on a flight from SAT to BWI and the couple behind me watched a movie on their mini DVD player that they picked

or listen to Audio programming on SWA,
I've never had a problem, I just bring my CD player.

assigned seats on SWA either,
every seat is assigned you just do it yourself.

and from my observation assigned seating is a MAJOR plus with these passengers! And at least US has Buy on Board meals, if anybody wants a meal.
I had a (Dunkin Doughnuts) Bagle with egg and bacon and a large coffee on my last flight. Like I said earlier I just brought it with me.

And at least if a passenger wants an ENTIRE can of soda on US it's given to them! Try asking for it on SWA, you'd think you would of asked them for a million dollars!
That's just BS ask any flight attendant for a can and they will give you one :down:
[post="261297"][/post]​
[/quote]

Back