Midwest Airlines trip report

Well check the Annual Report and tell me where the profit came from?

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I know how to read a P & L. US East generated the "P" and HP generated the "L". So much for "Business Acumen"

These are FACTS! Legal binding documents that the falsification of can lead to prison. Just ask Bernie Ebbers et al.

The facts speak for themselves. I really don't need to interupt. US Airways EAST generated the ENTIRE profit for 2006 and the did it with closets, and 16 F seats on a 320 as well as 26 on a 321.

You totally disregard the fact that according to the Sandcastle, FF'ers like me generate a 43% revenue premium. US east traditionally generates about a 12% revenue
premium.

Without US Easts profit dollars HP would continue to be what it always has been. A mediocre regional carrier with a "Marginally Profitable" main hub, no significant alliances in a market with no pricing power due to SWA's presence.

You can insult me all you like but the P & L speaks for itself. In fact it ROARS like a pride of lions, showing all exactly where the new US Airways bread is buttered.

Hmmm...wasn't it the former US Airways that was on the verge of Chapter 7 Liquidation (with the A320 16F and closets and the A321 with 26F) before then the merger with America West Airlines?

Hmmm...wasn't it the former US Airways that was on the verge of Chapter 7 Liquidation (with the A320 16F and closets and the A321 with 26F) before then the merger with America West Airlines?
While you may get an argument from some on that, it won't be me. But chapter 7 didn't happen so it's irrevelant except to argue that without the merger (and the investment capital to fund it), "old" US wouldn't be around to be making the profits.

Without those profits from the still surviving "old" US, there would be no profits. So maybe expending some energy trying to figure out why the HP side is losing money, and how changing the "old" US side into a clone of the HP (money losing) side is such a great idea.....

Jim

Back