The Emergence of President Obama's Muslim Roots

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
Remember when it was a smear to even mention the "M" word?

In September 2008, candidate Obama told a Pennsylvania crowd. . . {Republicans are ] really saying is, ‘We’re going to try to scare people about Barack. So we’re going to say that, you know, maybe he’s got Muslim connections.’. . . Just making stuff up.â€

But now he embraces it? :blink:

ABC News' Jake Tapper and Sunlen Miller report: The other day we heard a comment from a White House aide that never would have been uttered during the primaries or general election campaign.

During a conference call in preparation for President Obama's trip to Cairo, Egypt, where he will address the Muslim world, deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications Denis McDonough said "the President himself experienced Islam on three continents before he was able to -- or before he's been able to visit, really, the heart of the Islamic world -- you know, growing up in Indonesia, having a Muslim father -- obviously Muslim Americans (are) a key part of Illinois and Chicago."

Given widespread unease and prejudice against Muslims among Americans, especially in the wake of 9/11, the Obama campaign was perhaps understandably very sensitive during the primaries and general election to downplay the candidate's Muslim roots.

The candidate was even offended when referred to by his initials "BHO," because he considered the use of his middle name, "Hussein," an attempt to frighten voters.

The president said the United States and other parts of the Western world “have to educate ourselves more effectively on Islam.â€

“And one of the points I want to make is, is that if you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world,†Mr. Obama said. “And so there’s got to be a better dialogue and a better understanding between the two peoples.â€

Huh? :blink:

Here is a What-Is-Obama-Smoking? Alert:

Indonesia: 200 million Muslims. India: 156 million Muslims. Pakistan: 150 million Muslims.

United States: 2.3 million Muslims (according to the Pew Research Center).

2.3 million? More than the Republic of Macedonia but less than Mongolia.

14n2t21.jpg

Experiencing something is not the same as practicing something. Aside from that, who cares what religion any leader is. JFK was not guided by the Vatican. Lieberman is not guided by who ever it is that jews are lead by. Whether or not Obama is a Muslim does not matter. I personally have seen nothing to indicate that he is.

Using the name Hussein is/was prejudicial since the voting public can be lead around by their noses. We are in Iraq and had just deposed Hussein so can see where that comes from. I suspect that anyone named Hitler, Stalin, Khrushchev, Mao just to name a few would not have a good chance at an elected position either even though they have no relation to the 'infamous' name bearers either. The American voters are easily swayed, scared and lead. Nothing new.

Not sure whats up with the biggest Muslim nation comment. I suspect he was referring to something else. What I have no idea.

The only thing people know about anything is what they see on TV which is garbage to say the least. We would do well to educate our selves about the rest of the world. The cold war with Russia probably would not have been as long or costly had we known something about Russian history and the people. Whether or not it would have helped out in the ME is unknown but knowledge is never a bad thing IMO. Some people apparently are afraid f the populace having knowledge. China comes to mind.

What it tells me is how utterly manipulated his persona was/is, and everyone lapped it up. Hook line and sinker. Its racist to call him a Muslim until he says it isn't. :shock:

I guess we should all bow. Go figure. :down:

I have seen no statement nor any evidence indicating that he is Muslim.
His speech in Egypt this week to the WHOLE Muslim world. Apologizing on behalf of "bad" America, and continuing to spew forth the mantra of Islam as a "Peace-Loving" Religion and or peoples.

Until the MUSLIM world cracks down on the fanatics and the Madrasses continuing to operate throughout Muslim society teaching hatred, disdain, and DISRESPCT towards Western religion/culture/society from the time a child can walk until they strap on an explosive vest to kill as many Infadels as possible for Allah, Islam WILL and SHOULD be placed under a microscope, questioned, scrutinized, and fought to the death if neccessary for our own survival. If you do not believe this, you or anyone else, are living in the same dream world of Obama-man......Can't we all just get along?? Only if it were that simple, wouldn't life be grand!!

View attachment 8449