How Obama Got Elected

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
On November 4th, 2008 millions of Americans were shocked that a man of Barack Obama's limited experience, extreme liberal positions and radical political alliances could be elected President of the United States. For many of these Americans, the explanation was rather simple... the news media, completely enamored with Obama, simply refused to do their job.

On Election day twelve Obama voters were interviewed extensively right after they voted to learn how the news media impacted their knowledge of what occurred during the campaign. These voters were chosen for their apparent intelligence/verbal abilities and willingness to express their opinions to a large audience. The rather shocking video below seeks to provide some insight into which information broke through the news media clutter and which did not.

VIDEO LINK HERE

Because obviously interviewing a relative handful of Obama voters, while interesting, is hardly scientific proof of anything, we also commissioned a Zogby telephone poll which asked the very same questions (as well as a few others) with similarly amazing results.

The poll surveyed over 500 self-professed Obama voters and has an MOE of 4.4%, with 55% having a college degree and over 90% having a high-school diploma. It asked 12 multiple-choice questions; only 2.4% got at least 11 correct. Only .5% got all them correct.

* 57.4 could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
* 81.8 could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
* 82.6 could NOT correctly say that Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
* 88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
* 56.1 % could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).And yet…..

* Only 13.7% failed to identify Palin as the person their party spent $150,000 in clothes on
* Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter
* And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her “house,†even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

On the last point, though, Palin was the only candidate from Alaska. Palin did state that one could see Russia from the state as an answer to an interview question about her foreign-policy credentials. I don’t believe that the survey gave Fey as a choice, but people think the much quoted "I can see Russia from my house" was Palin. It was actually Tina Fey on SNL but Palin would have been the obvious answer from those provided.

However, the rest of these results show the abysmal state of media coverage of Barack Obama. It’s not that the voters couldn’t absorb data provided to them by the Tanning Bed Media; these voters quite obviously learned plenty about Sarah Palin. In the video, the subjects demonstrate that by assigning every stupid thing said on the campaign trail to Palin whether she said it or not. Meanwhile, no one can figure out what Barack Obama said, how he conducted his campaign, or his political history.

As for the video, without the Zogby poll, it would be hilarious but without context. Anyone can find fools for “man on the street†interviews; Jay Leno does it as a regular staple for the Tonight Show. Zogby’s poll shows that Ziegler’s video is no anomaly. Wait for the end, where the ignorant endorse their favorite media outlets, which is the real highlight of this project.

Sounds like a push poll to me. I am sure given time, I could create a push poll to show that 80%+ people believe that aliens landed on the White House lawn.

Here is an article that gives a bit more information on the issues surrounding his first election in 1996.

Media Matters Link

The rest of it is not worth commenting on.

I agree that we get what we deserve but I do not agree that this poll is reflective of anything.

While I would like to say that more than 50% of the people in this country know who has the majority in Congress it would not surprise me that they do not. Having said that if over half of the respondents had a college or higher I am a bit surprised at the results and am leary of the rest of the poll. As for the remaining 4 questions, the first is opinion (there were other reasons why he was behind in the polls), the second is not supported by the facts), the second is also opinion and the 4th is also not supported by the facts (as stated).

Were I asked if I knew that the sun revolved around the earth and I responded with 'no', how does that have any bearing on reality?

People in general are idiots. The stupidity in question can be found in all walks of life. This supposed poll has no bearing on that fact and is about as scientifically useful as the National Enquirer is as a news source.

As a side note, given that all we have are 'stupid politicians' to select from, the result cannot be any different. Until we get rid of the electoral college it will not change.

Hiding this picture during the campaign helped a lot.

DSCN0441obama-shopped-3-804x450.jpg

Trump got elected because Hillary couldn't win a RIGGED election. Watch Alabama. That is how they proved that Soros' machines rigged the election. Trump knew it, that is why he didn't endorse Moore. The proof is in the pudding and it's not ready yet. Go back to sleep because this, a-hem, conspiracy is going to be a rude awakening.

BaRack was elected for 2 reasons, no matter what his agendas were. He was a great orator and we all know the other reason.
If a caucassion were in his shoes, pushing his agendas, they'd have never seen the inside of the oval office.