The New Ft. Lauderdale Schedule

JayBrian said:
Will UA be coordinating there schedule for FLL flights with US also to provide some passenger feed?
Jay

It doesn't appear to me that most of the north/west-bound flights on UA from FLL are timed to connect with the northward flights on US from the Caribbean and Central America. Most of the flights from Central America get in around 1700, which is far too late to catch the last flights on UniTed to DEN or ORD. The flights from PLS and CUN get in between 1500 and 1530, which is enough time to catch the last Ted flight to DEN at 1655 (though you could be cutting it close if there are any delays), but the last Ted flight to ORD leaves at 1558, and there's no way you'd make it through Immigration/Customs and be able to transfer terminals in time. The last flight of the day on Ted to IAD leaves at 1930, which would allow connections, but then, you'd imagine that US would rather carry the passengers on its own metal to DCA or BWI.

I'm not surprised that LGA-FLL is reduced from four dailies as announced last summer to two in March, given the horrible yields on NYC-FLL and intense competition from jetBlue, Spirit, Song, American, and even Continental at EWR. However, if US were ever going to be able to fill four daily flights between LGA and FLL, March would be the time.

My main concern is that connections still won't be competitive with what AA has at MIA, even considering what a cluster---- MIA airport is. Having to schlep outside between Terminal 4 and the US Airways (opposite) end of Terminal 3 isn't terribly convenient when returning to the U.S.A.

I just hope that we are not doing this for 16.30 an hour. It is to embarrasing to be earning that in our mid 40's to mid 50's

Hold on it's going to get a little bumpy.....

Rico said:
Huh,

Does not seem like the actions of a company without a plan, an airline without a future...

Naysayers beware, you might be eating crow for dinner...
[post="204652"][/post]​

Looking at the number of flights in and out of FLL on a daily basis , this does smack of an airline without a clue.

Consider that no maintenance presence has been inacted...and no logistical support to make this "Mini-Hub" is in place..or even talked about.

If you fail to plan ? Plan to fail.

ITRADE said:
You need to remember that part of the raison d'être for FLL and the destinations chosen is O/D for the ex pats going home to KIN and PTY to visit family.
[post="204692"][/post]​

I have no idea how many people that is, but looks like 1 flt a day to each with our smallest mainline aircraft.

I was surprised by the small amount of Caribbean/LA flying from FLL. 13 flights per day with 4 of those CRJ's, so 9 mainline flts per day.

It would be interesting to see a comparison of the Feb domestic flts vs Jan (or Nov, Dec) to see how much difference there is.

Jim

It will be interesting to see how well FLL-EWR does. I'm really glad to see U become more aggressive in the marketplace.

Reservation Agent said:
There was a commitment to Baltimore for Metrojet until Southwest took over....
[post="204669"][/post]​

USAirways was NOT chased out of BWI, although it is a common misconception. SWA filled the void there when USAirways thought it politically expedient to pull service in the Washington area to reduce anti-trust concerns over the failed United merger.

USAirways didn't want to give up any ground at DCA, and United didn't want to give up any ground at IAD. Hence, the BWI pull back. USAirways was NOT getting their tails whipped at BWI when the service was curtailed.

20/20 hindsight surely makes pulling out of BWI a strategic mistake, but it's only one in the long, long list of blunders made by USAirways management over the last 15-20 years.

JayBrian said:
Will UA be coordinating there schedule for FLL flights with US also to provide some passenger feed?
Jay
[post="204628"][/post]​

According to a MKT manager, it will be all codeshare selling at first. I am more intrested in seeing if UAIR will get some of the abandoned MIA / Latin American /Carribean routes and transfer them up to FLL. (ie. MIA/LIM)

It would be interesting to see a comparison of the Feb domestic flts vs Jan (or Nov, Dec) to see how much difference there is.

Jim
[post="204756"][/post]​
[/quote]

LGA currently has 4 daily to FLL but pulls back to 2 with the February sked change. LGA loses the 2:10p and 6:55p. Why? because we dont want the LGA/FLL customer at $87-$187. We want the LGA/FLL/Latin American /Carribean customer at $387 - $587. Both the LGA/FLL A.M. departures in Feb make all the A.M. connections.

With all due respect who are you kidding! No body respects US (majors or LCCs) when it come to competing, because they know they can go into their markets and take their Market share and US will do little or nothing...

Now they come up with a plan to take on AA by trying to steal traffic from MIA, all while trying to defend PHL from WN. Oh, and lets not forget flying to OA hubs from DCA! I have a feeling OA will have some nice surprises in store for US come February. All of this with no cash in the bank to help absorb the competitive responses from OA! Smart Move! The fact of the matter is US picked the wrong time to do this. Its sad to see this happen as US is a great airline and has some of the finest employees in the industry.

nycbusdriver said:
USAirways was NOT chased out of BWI, although it is a common misconception. SWA filled the void there when USAirways thought it politically expedient to pull service in the Washington area to reduce anti-trust concerns over the failed United merger.

USAirways didn't want to give up any ground at DCA, and United didn't want to give up any ground at IAD. Hence, the BWI pull back. USAirways was NOT getting their tails whipped at BWI when the service was curtailed.

20/20 hindsight surely makes pulling out of BWI a strategic mistake, but it's only one in the long, long list of blunders made by USAirways management over the last 15-20 years.
[post="205008"][/post]​

LGA/037 said:

LGA currently has 4 daily to FLL but pulls back to 2 with the February sked change. LGA loses the 2:10p and 6:55p. Why? because we dont want the LGA/FLL customer at $87-$187. We want the LGA/FLL/Latin American /Carribean customer at $387 - $587. Both the LGA/FLL A.M. departures in Feb make all the A.M. connections.

Then why lose money flying them now? US KNEW what the yields were going to be once JBLU started flying in September.