The offer

I don't see it that way. Restore and more, just like the big raise the pilots want, will put my job in jeopardy. I'm no TWU booster, but I appreciate that the negotiators seem to be taking a reasonable stance instead of storming out of sessions like the pilots are doing.

I tell you want, frontline, if you want to be a sheep the rest of your life, be my guest.
But as long as the greed continues at AA, the MORALE is the best weapon we have.

And if it cost market share and jobs, so be it.

I don't see it that way. Restore and more, just like the big raise the pilots want, will put my job in jeopardy. I'm no TWU booster, but I appreciate that the negotiators seem to be taking a reasonable stance instead of storming out of sessions like the pilots are doing.

Perhaps you would prefer taking a pay cut to keep this company afloat? Another management misfire with the fuel hedging. Where is the accountability with the buffoons who have already locked in the fuel for 2009 at up to $93.00 per barrel. Show these people the door now! Perhaps they should be receiving paychecks from rival carriers for their stupidity? April is approaching, as well as another bonus payout for management. You will shut up and and let them get their bonus money and laugh in your face in the process....sheep!!!

When you sell your labor to a single employer your job is always in jeopardy, unless you work for the government. There are many ways that your job can be eliminated and you have pretty much ZERO control over it. Thats why you should always get as much as you can, working for less just puts more money in the hands of your employer which doesnt translate into job security because if your employer isnt handling the money they already have responsibly they will likely blow whatever you give back too and they will simply come back for more. Working for less just makes your financial situation worse. The logic of working for less to make your job safe is like saying if you are losing money on an investment you should invest more to save your investment, you are increasing your risk, not decreasing it. TAKE every penny you can get, the only way you can improve the likelyhood that the company will prosper and you will have a good job is to be productive not work for less.

Airline workers have to step back and ask themselves "Why did I choose to come into this industry?". Then we have to ask ourselves "Do those conditions still apply?" I came into this industry because I figured I could make a good living doing something I liked doing. There was a balance between sacrifice and benifits. I knew I had to work weekends, shifts and Holidays but I was led to believe I was to paid well and have good benifits. However there was always some crisis why the company couldnt live up to their end of the bargain, always a reason why we had to make further sacrifices in pay and benfits to "save the company". Well thats been going on for over 22 years now and the company, despite having doubled in size and generating billions more in revenue year after year claims they still need more sacrifices to save the company. You know what, I've sacrificed enough and I want the balance restored.

But I thought we were paying two hours pay per month and showing up to work daily to subsidize everyone else a job?

Bob, you and the TWU International are going to clash once again with thinking like you just posted. :huh: :huh: I mean WTF Bob, what about the Union Dues for Politics?

<_< --------People, people, people! In my forty years, this job, started out to be one that was considered "a cut above" average" in a regulated Industry. From the time it was "deregulated", it's been a down hill slide ever since! From that point forward, upper management has used labor to bear the brunt of the load to keep them in their comfort zone! What's happening here at AA, that's what happened at TWA, seems so familiar! But now I'm on the outside looking in! And all this is just an observation on my part! ------- Good luck to all!

<_< --------People, people, people! In my forty years, this job, started out to be one that was considered "a cut above" average in a regulated Industry. From the time it was "deregulated", it's been a down hill slide ever since! From that point forward, upper management has used labor to bear the brunt of the load to keep them in their comfort zone! What's happening here at AA, that's what happened at TWA, seems so familiar! But now I'm on the outside looking in! And all this is just an observation on my part! ------- Good luck to all!

Yeah good thing we refused to join a craft union and take a stand!
It was much better sticking with the industrial unions IAM/TWU and getting stomped without a fight.

I think its safe to say that these are not "normal" times.

That may very well be, Bob, but it doesn't change the role of the mediator.

Their job is to get the two parties to close the gaps. They're not there to restart the process.

Yeah good thing we refused to join a craft union and take a stand!
It was much better sticking with the industrial unions IAM/TWU and getting stomped without a fight.

Join a craft union and take a stand? Hmmmm, Interesting how that turned out for those folks who joined the craft union and got stomped.....The craft union you so desire stomped on themselves when they gutted the language established by the Industrial Unions. I guess you will never see it for what it was :blink:

Join a craft union and take a stand? Hmmmm, Interesting how that turned out for those folks who joined the craft union and got stomped.....The craft union you so desire stomped on themselves when they gutted the language established by the Industrial Unions. I guess you will never see it for what it was :blink:

Fact is the AMFA idea was never tried so how can you claim it failed?

The idea was to get ALL mechanics in one union. But because a group of cowards of which I think you lead, instead bought into the industrial union fear and so the idea never reached potential.

And I guess you will never see your knee shaking fear mongering for what it is.... :blink:

Your comment indicates you still believe the industrial union lies.

Meahwhile, we are stuck passing around petitions to TWU members trying to get a fair shake.

Your logic is "My Union Doesn't Really Suck - Because I Can Think of One That Sucks Worse"

Of course it required Federal Government Corruption and Intervention to Save Your Union from it's own membership.

That will get you real far High Speed Steel.

Fact is the AMFA idea was never tried so how can you claim it failed?

The idea was to get ALL mechanics in one union. But because a group of cowards instead bought into the industrial union fear the idea never reach potential.

And I guess you will never see your knee shaking fear for what it is.... :blink:

Your comment indicates you still believe the industrial union lies.
Meahwhile, we are stuck passing around petitions to TWU members trying to get a fair shake.

You can believe it or not informer because I don't really care what you think. I had compared the amfa/NW agreement to an Industrial agreement. I could see the destruction that was imposed upon the members within the agreement at NW by the amfa. I gave it an honest look before making my opinion of a craft union versus the established language of an Industrial Union. I think in the end my assumption was correct........you lose :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fear? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can believe it or not informer because I don't really care what you think. I had compared the amfa/NW agreement to an Industrial agreement. I could see the destruction that was imposed upon the members within the agreement at NW by the amfa. I gave it an honest look before making my opinion of a craft union versus the established language of an Industrial Union. I think in the end my assumption was correct........you lose :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fear? :lol: :lol: :lol:

My ears are open.
You didnt like my idea.

Let's hear your idea.
If the TWU has made a superior contract language reader then you are better than most.
I am not really argueing AMFA anymore because the chance to implement that idea has come and gone.

I am willing to try anything at this point.

Spell out your plan. Or do you even have a plan?

My ears are open.
You didnt like my idea.

Let's hear your idea.
If the TWU has made a superior contract language reader then you are better than most.
I am not really argueing AMFA anymore because the chance to implement that idea has come and gone.

I am willing to try anything at this point.

Spell out your plan. Or do you even have a plan?

I think if I were to offer a plan to you it would fall upon deaf ears. Your hear nothing, you see nothing, and you willfully will not try to understand anything.......Correcting this is only up to you informer :shock:

I think if I were to offer a plan to you it would fall upon deaf ears. Your hear nothing, you see nothing, and you willfully will not try to understand anything.......Correcting this is only up to you informer :shock:

Clever way of avoiding the request. I told you...I'm all ears to hear you.

In other words you don't have a plan, just fear mongering and status quo.

Hey did you get the petition? Needs more signatures for a fair shake.
I am really impressed how you stopped the licensed from being trained by your kind and now they make more than you with very little experience.

Superior Unionsim there...

Back