The offer

Clever way of avoiding the request. I told you...I'm all ears to hear you.

In other words you don't have a plan, just fear mongering and status quo.

Hey did you get the petition? Needs more signatures for a fair shake.
I am really impressed how you stopped the licensed from being trained by your kind and now they make more than you with very little experience.

Superior Unionsim there...
How about a good button and t-shirt campaign to show them that you mean business! :lol:

How about a good button and t-shirt campaign to show them that you mean business! :lol:
ooh, I got it: more "Show Me The Shared Sacrifice" shirts! Which really translates into "we're too (deleted by moderator: profanity) stupid to know how to craft up a contract that's VERIFIABLE, AND COURT ENFORCEABLE with regard to what management was supposed to "give up!"

J.H.Christ, even the IAM didn't stoop to the level where Memorial Day isn't a paid holiday. Do you realize that the "net gain" in paid holidays over the sixty years of CSTWU representation is a NEGATIVE ONE? But I can't give them IAM cowards too much credit: they did sell us "red-headed shepchildren" TWAers down the river without a whimper.......

I could care less who would come in and try to get a representation vote, anything but what's there now would get my vote.

Since we have one of the biggest two-faced AAers back in KC (from AFW) now I'm curious as to whether or not he'll be passing out AMFA literature or running for a TWU office -- he likes to play both sides of the fence -- and since he knows everything (far more than us "RHSC" types) I'm sure he'll have it all solved real soon.

Sign me up for another T-shirt: the last one didn't last too long cleaning up oil on the floor of my garage, maybe this one will do better!

I think if I were to offer a plan to you it would fall upon deaf ears. Your hear nothing, you see nothing, and you willfully will not try to understand anything.......Correcting this is only up to you informer :shock:

I would very much like to hear your plan also.

However, if your plan does not include the 'International' ( :lol: ) representation becoming fully accountable (ie, removeable) for their actions, don't bother with an explaination.

<_< ------ Let's keep things in prospective here. I believe Highspeed is a Machinist, not an AMT. (No disrespect Highspeed! Machinists are important to this operation also!) But, maybe, he's afraid he'll be left out in the cold with a Craft Union!

<_< ------ Let's keep things in prospective here. I believe Highspeed is a Machinist, not an AMT. (No disrespect Highspeed! Machinists are important to this operation also!) But, maybe, he's afraid he'll be left out in the cold with a Craft Union!

He and many others probably would be left out if the mechanics were to get their way, but if a so-called union won't work for all it's membership regardless of their skill or job, it ceases to be a union per se but becomes a clique. That's what I have little tolerance for.

Very little is gained but much is lost by further dividing the workers' ranks, but many of the self important want to do exactly that, simply to show how "special" they are; an old fool told them a few years ago the separation of workgroups would free them from the rabble and get them a better deal. We all saw how that worked out.

It's a shame, but the seeds have been planted and the class warfare will continue. Divide and conquer works quite well for the company - don't you think? It even works better when the workers' "representation" helps the company.

Moderator Note: Entire post deleted. Speculation and supposition about another member. People, stick to the issue. Personal attacks will not be permitted. Further posts about another member will result in time off. A word to the wise...

He and many others probably would be left out if the mechanics were to get their way, but if a so-called union won't work for all it's membership regardless of their skill or job, it ceases to be a union per se but becomes a clique. That's what I have little tolerance for.

I was always under the impression that "machinist" was considered to be higher skill level than a mechanic.

Very little is gained but much is lost by further dividing the workers' ranks, but many of the self important want to do exactly that, simply to show how "special" they are; an old fool told them a few years ago the separation of workgroups would free them from the rabble and get them a better deal. We all saw how that worked out.

Yea, they did get a better deal, not as good as they thought but if you compare pay rates I think you will find that mechanics hourly rates are higher than in 2001 but I dont think the same is true for some of other classifications in the TWU.

When you sell your labor to a single employer your job is always in jeopardy, unless you work for the government. There are many ways that your job can be eliminated and you have pretty much ZERO control over it. Thats why you should always get as much as you can, working for less just puts more money in the hands of your employer which doesnt translate into job security because if your employer isnt handling the money they already have responsibly they will likely blow whatever you give back too and they will simply come back for more. Working for less just makes your financial situation worse. The logic of working for less to make your job safe is like saying if you are losing money on an investment you should invest more to save your investment, you are increasing your risk, not decreasing it. TAKE every penny you can get, the only way you can improve the likelyhood that the company will prosper and you will have a good job is to be productive not work for less.

Airline workers have to step back and ask themselves "Why did I choose to come into this industry?". Then we have to ask ourselves "Do those conditions still apply?" I came into this industry because I figured I could make a good living doing something I liked doing. There was a balance between sacrifice and benifits. I knew I had to work weekends, shifts and Holidays but I was led to believe I was to paid well and have good benifits. However there was always some crisis why the company couldnt live up to their end of the bargain, always a reason why we had to make further sacrifices in pay and benfits to "save the company". Well thats been going on for over 22 years now and the company, despite having doubled in size and generating billions more in revenue year after year claims they still need more sacrifices to save the company. You know what, I've sacrificed enough and I want the balance restored.

AMEN! I went to school and WORKED MY TAIL off to get into this industry. I jumped through all the hoops to become an AMT with no guarantees I'd make it. I took the risk that I'd fail, or that once getting my license I wouldn't be able to find a job.
I knew all the risks and responsibilities that came with this job but I accepted them because I felt I would be well compensated.

Well thanks to circumstances beyond my control. I'm now stuck with the worst labor contract I've ever heard of, with no end in sight. For almost six long years now, I've been stuck in a so-called OSM position. Which means above and beyond what we all had to give up, I and those like me have also lost over 65,000 additional dollars. And again, no end in sight. True lots of folks hit the street, and have my sympathy. However at least they know (or should know) they're not coming back, and can move on with their lives and find better careers.

As for me and lots of others I've spoken with...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! No more "Working Together", while incompetent corporate leadership steers us onto the rocks while stuffing their pockets with the money we have given up. Then the same people who've got our money protruding from their pockets tell us.."Sorry, times are bad, no money for you!"

Does anyone think this is going to change without drastic action? I say let's go for it.
Either we get restore and more, or we walk. So what if we never come back.
Better to have tried and failed than to just give up and give in. Better to live like men than cower like mice. And if we lose, we too can move on to bigger and better things. I'm ready, I just want to know I did everything I could here to make things better before I move on.

I agree with DARRYL. The time for WAR is now! No more concessions! If a strike puts the company out of business, then so be it! The company is going to give us back what we have lost and more or else. I'm sick and tired of the sob stories coming out of centreport. BOO! HOO! HOO! We're broke and poor. BOO! HOO! HOO! Yet Arpey and the gang are raking in the bonuses. Restore and more I say!

Boys, boys, you make us rampers look like the "well educated" civil ones among the TWU! :rolleyes:

:cop: Moderator Note :cop:

Ok, guys. I have had to delete several posts this morning that were aimed at another poster rather than the topic. Do not do this, please. Stick to the topic: THE OFFER. Personal attacks--which includes guessing about the history of another member in a derogatory way--and profanity/vulgarity are not permitted.

Sp*lling a pro*fan*ty with asterisks, etc does not make it less so. Don't do this. Thank you.

Further occurrences of personal attacks/profanity will result in time off and the thread being closed.

(Deleted by Moderator. Emails and posts from another website may not be posted here without the express consent of the writer and/or the website. The Dallas Morning News website is copyrighted. You may post a link to that website, but you can not copy things from it. Thank you.)