The ol' BEAR is 'on the move again' ..smarter and More (AMTRAK) trained !

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewHampshire Black Bears said:

PS,
By the way, ......Who  T - F.....in thier Right Mind, wants to work harder for LESS MONEY  ???????? 

These guys:

enhanced-buzz-25169-1370776873-0.jpg

Yeah! Would hate to be proud of the fact you didn't need a union, babysitting you and taking money out of your pockets, in order to make it in this world!

If that is what you believe then you are totally ignorant about labor unions, do you realize unions have been around in this country before the revolutionary war?

Look up something called a guild.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
If that is what you believe then you are totally ignorant about labor unions, do you realize unions have been around in this country before the revolutionary war?

Look up something called a guild.
I understand unions had their time/place and were needed but realize now, they are no better than the company's you hate !

1st, Union preserved at all cost, members 2nd!

Can there be any More beautiful area than the vastly historic Hudson River valley of New York and  on over to the Berkshire area of Massachusetts ?
The Unmistaken..political " BLUE." is as colorful..as the gorgeous GREEN of an area as similiar as that of IRELAND.

A little small Amtrak station where leisure time will equal that of Working time, plus $30.00 an hour , Ample O/T and UNION Rules to boot !

A Very good place for an (getting older) BEAR !  (As a matter of fact, there are real BEARS all over this area) !

Life is (UNION) GOOD ! 

Thought unions were all about keeping you in one place, instead of getting bounced around!

Maybe your union needs a union.......BIGOT!

southwind said:
I understand unions had their time/place and were needed but realize now, they are no better than the company's you hate !

1st, Union preserved at all cost, members 2nd!

YOU truly are a Complete F'N .. M O R O N .

Thinking that you do work for DEL-DUH, they're NOT going to 'go away' anytime soon since there's only 3 legacys left.

Now we know you're too Southern DUMB to realize this, but I'll spell it out for you.  Since DL was Born, they are (now)
the MOST vulnerable ever should they get unionized, since they are now out of options should it happen.
For example. Lets take the below-wing rampers and Air Freight where they do thier own work.
Since the IAM came sooo close last time, they should concentrate on the 'ready reserves' and get them 'signed-up'.
If THAT happens, DL does not have any options like they did when they shiit-canned Comair.
The # 1 thing DL counts on to keep the below-wing ramp/A/F non union is.....................................F'N  MORONS like YOU !

Assuming you do work for DL,....You do have a valuable job, just like a valuable House, or Car.
You protect those valuables Right ?  So why not Protect a valuable job  ???????????????????????????

Every time I go 'back and forth' with you, I have a Clearer understanding as to why the SOUTH lost the CIVIL WAR !!!

southwind said:

Thought unions were all about keeping you in one place, instead of getting bounced around!

Maybe your union needs a union.......BIGOT!

It's because OF MY UNION that..." I " can move to (almost) anywhere.. " I " want to go, without any interference from the " MAN " !

Are You ...R E A L L Y........that...D U M B  ???????????????

Know THIS, about the 4 groups your pontificating about.

The Irish and Italians were RIGHT from a solidarity standpoint to be wary of the Jews and blacks.
Who-the-helll would want ANY person regardless of ethnicity or race who would sell out HARD fought for gains ?
(speaking in general terms) The Jews have NO outstanding positive history of fighting for organizational Rights, NONE/NADA/EL-ZIPPO.
The Blacks (after finally moving from slavery) would take anything, because it was UTOPIA compared to what they had, and to a point I can't blame them.

As for the Italians, they in recent times have fast FORGOTTEN where they've come from in terms of being treated like dirt. Sure, they'll work the high paying Union Job,....BUT..(and I know this for a fact from Italian friends of mine in these situations) will go into the voting booth and vote Republican ) Thats Tantamount to TREASON !

Again I'm still talking in generalities.

But The IRISH have never, don't now, and will NEVER forget where they've come from, and are THE BEST UNION Members in the USA, and if I'm in a Union / management FIRE-FIGHT, it's Sean O' Malley I want in the Foxhole with me, because I....K N O W, he's got my Back, just like I've got his  !!

NOTE :
There are also many Union people from other than the four groups that we've mentioned, that have and still are Staunch Union Men and Women. (Poles, a lot of Hispanics etc - etc - etc.

PS,
By the way, ......Who  T - F.....in thier Right Mind, wants to work harder for LESS MONEY  ????????
My point was that in New England many people who pat themselves on the back for being progressive have selective memories and don't understand how many union groups fought to keep blacks and Jews out of their workplaces and from competing for their jobs.

As for Jewish involvement in the labor movement it certainly is there and has been for a long time. Not sure why you think otherwise, Samuel Gompers was seen by many as the father of the American labor movement. Jews have a long history of being involved in causes for social justice.

Josh

It's because OF MY UNION that..." I " can move to (almost) anywhere.. " I " want to go, without any interference from the " MAN " !

Are You ...R E A L L Y........that...D U M B  ???????????????
Oh? So you've chose to pick up all your belongings and move twice, within the last year?

Must not have had much to begin with!

737823 said:
As for Jewish involvement in the labor movement it certainly is there and has been for a long time. Not sure why you think otherwise, Samuel Gompers was seen by many as the father of the American labor movement. Jews have a long history of being involved in causes for social justice.

Josh
Shame you've forgotten where you came from...

southwind said:
Must not have had much to begin with!
Who wants to be weighed down with stuff?

Lemme guess; you're one of those guys with a "he who dies with the most toys wins" bumper sticker?

Reactions: 3 people
Kev3188 said:
Shame you've forgotten where you came from...

How so?  Please enlighten me. I'm not at all connected with the labor movement, don't identify with the labor movement, no one in my family has ever been part of a labor union.  As I have said before, I am pro-worker just not pro-union.  I believe there are sufficient protections in place outside the collective bargaining process (many of which were pushed by unions that protect workers from discrimination and ensure a level playing field. Is every employer perfect?  No.  My experience working for different companies and non-profits has been if you show up and do what is expected you have nothing to fear.  Deny it all you want but increasingly the younger generation is NOT engaged in the labor movement and increasingly haven't grown up in "union households" (you know like the IAM leaders include in their bios) and feel unions are antiquated, out of step organizations.  Labor has tried multiple times to reinvent themselves to remain relevant without success.  

Josh

737823 said:

Deny it all you want but increasingly the younger generation is NOT engaged in the labor movement and increasingly haven't grown up in "union households" 
How many kids do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts