The only way AMR stays in business.....

upsilon

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
372
2
Just read this post by Cleared Direct on Smilin'' Jacks''s TWA board

The only way AMR stays in business is that the birth rate exceeds the amount of people they piss off every day.

As a 2 MM AA pax and AMR shareholder, I thought this ironic....and very, very funny!
 
Also quite a load! While we like to beat up AA the reality is AA does fantastic on customer Retention and satisfaction! Much better than the average!
 
----------------
On 8/6/2003 9:29:06 PM upsilon wrote:


"The only way AMR stays in business is that the birth rate exceeds the amount of people they piss off every day."
----------------​
This is true for, and fits many U.S. businesses. Imagine the small fortune you could make if you trademarked that and turned it into a bumper sticker!
 
Customer retention as you put it, is only achieved through the handing out of millions of dollars every year in travel vouchers for missed flights, cancelled flights, overbooking up the wazoo, invols, the rufusal to hold a flight even two minutes for travelers stuck in customs or security checkpoints, and having a stranglehold on certain markets.

You're 50/50 for customer service, you've got just as many bitchy employees as every other carrier and many "customers" would gladly go elsewhere if there was a choice in certain markets.

You have a long ways to go when it comes to improving customer service (read "treatment").
 
----------------
On 8/8/2003 4:38:38 PM WingNaPrayer wrote:


Customer retention as you put it, is only achieved through the handing out of millions of dollars every year in travel vouchers for missed flights, cancelled flights, overbooking up the wazoo, invols, the rufusal to hold a flight even two minutes for travelers stuck in customs or security checkpoints, and having a stranglehold on certain markets.

You're 50/50 for customer service, you've got just as many bitchy employees as every other carrier and many "customers" would gladly go elsewhere if there was a choice in certain markets.

You have a long ways to go when it comes to improving customer service (read "treatment").

----------------​
Needless to say I disagree with you. One of AA's fundamental weaknesses is that it lacks a "stranglehold" in any of its hubs. AA has around a 53% share of the Dallas/Ft Worth metro market since Delta and SWA also run hubs there. Miami is around 50% and much less if you count FLL into the mix and Chicago they're #2. What AA needs is a Hub with a 80% share! The other problems you mention are no different from what happens on other airlines but AA's Customer Sat and Retention scores are pretty impressive! We must be doing SOMETHING right!!
 
----------------
On 8/9/2003 9:33:29 AM Veritas wrote:




----------------
On 8/8/2003 9:25:53 AM AAmech wrote:


Also quite a load!   While we like to beat up AA the reality is AA does fantastic on customer Retention and satisfaction!  Much better than the average!

----------------​
Oh, yeah????  Tell Fred.
http://www.fredoneverything.net/AmericanAirlines.shtml

----------------​
Veritas, thanks for the link. I think I may have worked with that crew before I was furloughed. Again, thanks for the laugh.

Jim
 
Back
Top