The truth about the American Revolutionary War

townpete

Corn Field
May 30, 2008
4,654
3,740
Fun facts: The American Revolutionary War didn't start as a rebellion against taxes. It started when the British tried to enforce mass gun confiscation.

That's why the 2nd amendment holds such meaning.

The American Revolution against British Gun Control
http://www.davekopel.org/2A/LawRev/american-revolution-against-british-gun-control.html


"This Article reviews the British gun control program that precipitated the American Revolution: the 1774 import ban on firearms and gunpowder; the 1774-75 confiscations of firearms and gunpowder; and the use of violence to effectuate the confiscations. It was these events that changed a situation of political tension into a shooting war. Each of these British abuses provides insights into the scope of the modern Second Amendment."
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
"The troubles in New England inflamed the other colonies. Patrick Henry’s great speech to the Virginia legislature on March 23, 1775, argued that the British plainly meant to subjugate America by force. Because every attempt by the Americans at peaceful reconciliation had been rebuffed, the only remaining alternatives for the Americans were to accept slavery or to take up arms. If the Americans did not act soon, the British would soon disarm them, and all hope would be lost. “The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us,” he promised."
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Dog Wonder said:
Shouldn't this be in the Nutjob Fantasies Rewriting our History thread?
 
Rather then resort to your typical trolling (edited by Moderator), go ahead and prove it false.
 
townpete said:
 
Rather then resort to your typical trolling (edited by Moderator), go ahead and prove it false.
 
 
Dog Wonder said:
Disproving Nutjob Fantasies would require living rent-free in your head.
This answer reminds me of those one gets to the why is trump a racist question. Lots of nonsense, no substance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Zom JFK said:
 
 
This answer reminds me of those one gets to the why is trump a racist question. Lots of nonsense, no substance.
 
Yeah no kidding....
 
townpete said:
Fun facts: The American Revolutionary War didn't start as a rebellion against taxes. It started when the British tried to enforce mass gun confiscation.

That's why the 2nd amendment holds such meaning.

The American Revolution against British Gun Control
http://www.davekopel.org/2A/LawRev/american-revolution-against-british-gun-control.html


"This Article reviews the British gun control program that precipitated the American Revolution: the 1774 import ban on firearms and gunpowder; the 1774-75 confiscations of firearms and gunpowder; and the use of violence to effectuate the confiscations. It was these events that changed a situation of political tension into a shooting war. Each of these British abuses provides insights into the scope of the modern Second Amendment."
 
That and a few other 'fingers in the eye' set the stage for the Declaration of Independence.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person