The U Tree

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Here's the mental picture I came up with thanks to MMW and his dead branches comment in the How To Get Management To Listen Topic.

As a hunter I have been in the deep woods/forest many times with its clean fresh air (no noise pollution) and the only sounds you hear are from nature: the birds, chipmunks, insects, a creek or waterfall, a deer snorting, all these things and more combined have a calming effect on your soul to the point you can fall asleep if you don't stay focused. I have seen many trees that were either dead or a dying from as MMW said too many dead braches or from not enough light from the other bigger and stronger trees blocking out life giving sun light.

So what does this have to do with U? Well U is like one of those trees that not only has dead branches but it's also a tree deep in the forest where it's being overshadowed by the bigger and much healthy trees. U has two big problems: its dead branches are sucking out its life, also U is an old tree that is deep in the forest where all kinds of other bigger and stronger trees have flourished all around it. The dead branches in U are killing the U tree faster than normal because the bigger and healthy trees are blocking its light. The U tree is being hindered from front and flank having two terminal woes, dead branches, and no light. These are Dead wood and No Management Direction. Just like U this tree is so deep in the forest it's like it's invisible to anyone who can save it. Our management team is invisible and like this tree in the deep forest it, U, will die a lonely neglected death. U's management team is killing the U tree with pure neglect with the believe that their decisions are 100% correct and can't possibly be in error. While they continue to hold that belief, the U tree turns grayer everyday and will soon be fertilizer for the bigger and healthy trees of the forest.

Some people like Dave B called this situation a stalemate. I call it a reality that unless this team is removed and replaced with an interim team of direction, we as the U tree will help other trees flourish by our collective deaths.

:up: you are correct management and the unions are choking this company
to a slow death, bonner has to step in maybe keep dave but get rid of the rest
and give him some people that really want to work.

Latest posts