Consolidation

You are correct in that however the east was able to capitalize on the west hedges!!
check your sec papers agian...Even Doug has stated over and over and over again, this was not a buyout!!! check your facts and tell us how much us brought to the table for the MERGER :up:

The reason we were surviving here in the west was two fold, our cost structure and our ability to hedge fuel, two things certainly missing from the east operation along with any type of real business plan.
Oh Please..Kirby said at the last Pilot meeting in PHX that AmWest was down the crapper too without this merger. His words..not mine. It's on the Hub.

No we were not looking to be saved the east was and keep in my that the east was the SECOND choice not the first of this management. I refer you to the SEC filings and not the rantings of Doug and Scott The SEC tells the truth those other two, well lets just say it still remains to be seen. I agree already discussed but you keep missing the truth...

"and not the rantings of Doug and Scott " Ummm...Small point of order here: Are not Mr. Parker and Mr. Kirby the main decision makers?...In actual fact = the ones who run this place? Yet, you dismiss their statements as "rantings"? Apparently, you just choose to believe your own BS, in whatever flavors that suit your own agenda best at any given second.

check your sec papers agian...Even Doug has stated over and over and over again, this was not a buyout!!! check your facts and tell us how much us brought to the table for the MERGER :up:

Like I said check the sec papers and stop hanging your all on the words of these two. Say and do ANYTHING to line their pockets. Sec filings will show that while AAA was still losing money AWA posted back to back profits!! Follow the truth Diamond not the words of management...

Like I said check the sec papers and stop hanging your all on the words of these two. Say and do ANYTHING to line their pockets. Sec filings will show that while AAA was still losing money AWA posted back to back profits!! Follow the truth Diamond not the words of management...
despite reality, you really believe what you are telling yourself is true!! amazing. how sad...

Apparently, you just choose to believe your own BS, in whatever flavors that suit your own agenda best at any given second.

Why don't you try to explain those 77 vacancies on the east in 2008 vs all that attrition you claim that the west was after!!! I'm waiting cause this lie has got to be good! C'mon eastus, you nos, AAA73 and other USAPA supporters tell us about all those vacancies you have been lying about... Please "flavor our agenda with that my man"

WAITING EastUs but lie well...

My god, can we please split off the thread? Aren't there two loser threads devoted to those things already?

This is what Mrs Doubtflier was talking about, on the topic, between the boring pilot pissing match. This is from today, from BusinessWeek:

Could US Airways Be Buyout Bait?

With airlines' costs jacked up by rocketing oil prices, the sector isn't favored on the Street. But US Airways Group (LCC ) is getting buy ratings nonetheless, partly because it has been beaten down more than its peers, making it possible buyout bait. It has dropped 36% in the past six months, vs. 16% for the other major carriers. "We think the risk/reward favors a long position in US Airways," says Robert Barry of Goldman Sachs (GS ), which owns shares. It hit 63 last November but is now at 28.81. Capacity cuts by carriers bode well for US Airways, says Barry, who sees it earning $5.75 in 2007. William Greene of Morgan Stanley (it owns shares), who rates it outperform, has a year's target of 44. Among the airlines, "US Airways is the cheapest," he says. Vincent Carrino of Brookhaven Capital, which also owns shares, says US Airways may soon attract a buyer.

My god, can we please split off the thread? Aren't there two loser threads devoted to those things already?

This is what Mrs Doubtflier was talking about, on the topic, between the boring pilot pissing match. This is from today, from BusinessWeek:
Could US Airways Be Buyout Bait?

With airlines' costs jacked up by rocketing oil prices, the sector isn't favored on the Street. But US Airways Group (LCC ) is getting buy ratings nonetheless, partly because it has been beaten down more than its peers, making it possible buyout bait. It has dropped 36% in the past six months, vs. 16% for the other major carriers. "We think the risk/reward favors a long position in US Airways," says Robert Barry of Goldman Sachs (GS ), which owns shares. It hit 63 last November but is now at 28.81. Capacity cuts by carriers bode well for US Airways, says Barry, who sees it earning $5.75 in 2007. William Greene of Morgan Stanley (it owns shares), who rates it outperform, has a year's target of 44. Among the airlines, "US Airways is the cheapest," he says. Vincent Carrino of Brookhaven Capital, which also owns shares, says US Airways may soon attract a buyer.

I can do that but you need to refrain from making inflamatory comments.

Sorry. You're right. There are two awesome threads for the two super cool groups.

Topics are only allowed to go off course if I'm steering the boat to somewhere interesting. :)

UA has no pilots on furlough. They are hiring both pilots and F/As.

Dumb thing to say though, since you're looking for a reaction, there it was. :rolleyes:

Again, let's get back to future consolidation. No one wants to talk about America West, yawn.
I don't work for west, I'm just tired of the posturing on the east side.

Latest posts