Things That Make You Go Hmmmm

Jan 26, 2004
Twu advocates berate AMFA for defending their membership. They are happy that AMFA lost FM 1 which would have brought back 900-1000 members. Very ANTI-UNION if I may say so myself. If AMFA can't win an arbitration like FM 1, nobody else will be able to either. Is it funny that AMFA is fighting while the other unions are just rolling over and dying? What effects NW mechanics, effects us all. AA has 6 week Fokker and MD-80 checks done at AAR. Why isn't the twu in arbitration to keep that work on base? It's because we don't have the scope or contract language to keep ANY work in-house. I know our people on lay-off would love to come back and do this work. At least the IAM tried to do something at USAir but failed. I admire them for at least trying. I don't see the twu bashing the IAM for trying to protect their members. I don't see the twu trying anything except for trying to protect their cash cow at AA. The twu is nothing more than a leach on our profession. Most have come to realize this. I don't ever see the twu advocates promoting the twu, just spinning and twisting AMFA information. Northwest can get rid of AMFA at any time and get whatever union they want. They have opted not to, just like the other AMFA represented airlines.
Hmmm...........38% increase in employees at Alaskan Airlines.
Hmmm...........increase in headcount at Southwest.
Hmmm...........increase in headcount at ATA.
Hmmm...........164% increase at ACA.
Not all the airlines have laid off employees. If your on lay-off and represented by AMFA, you know they're doing everything possible on your behalf. I had an AA mechanic tell me that when he got laid off, the twu gave him the number to the local United Way and that was it. He didn't hear from them again until he was back to work and they wanted their dues. This is not the kind of representation I want.
Hmmm...........AMFA represent more Mechanics Craft/Class than any other union.
Hmmm...........AMFA drives all throughout the industry.
Hmmm...........0 twu drives, except to remove them.
Hmmm...........AMFA represented airlines have stayed AMFA represented.
Hmmm...........AA flight attendants recognized the need to get away from twu.
Hmmm...........AMFA 8 airlines and growing, twu..1 airline pending election.
Hmmm...........twu has to hire a pr company to try to help regain members support.
Hmmm...........twu has coffin, AMFA does not.
If the twu truly have anything that could secure the AA membership from going AMFA, they would have came and debated AMFA national. The twu will have one more chance when AMFA national comes back to Tulsa after the filing. I hope they leave the coffin behind, act like professionals, and give it their best shot. There will be more fence sitters than ever before at the next debate/info meeting. twu..........Here's your last chance.

Represented Groups
:: Express Jet
:: Chautauqua
:: Ogden
:: Air Wisconsin
:: Alaska
:: Aloha
:: Aloha Island
:: AirTran
:: America West
:: American
:: American Eagle
:: American Trans
:: Continental
:: Continental Express
:: Frontier
:: Hawaiian
:: Horizon
:: Mesaba
:: Northwest
:: Southwest
:: Spirit
:: Sun Country
:: United
:: UPS
:: USAir
:: World Airways

Here is a list of Airlines the TWU has Members, Here is just one example of the half-truths you are giving.

Here is another example:

delltoon1.jpg

Checking it Out said:
Represented Groups

Here is a list of Airlines the TWU has Members, Here is just one example of the half-truths you are giving.

Here is another example:

delltoon1.jpg
Ogden

Go ask the Ogden Fuelers how they like the TWU. When Allied was around they were Teamsters and made more than most aircraft mechanics, since Ogden bought out Allied and brought along their company union- the TWU, pay has gone down, down, down. Now they make less than all but the lowest of the TWU represented Fleet Service workers.

Looking from the list we see a lot of small low cost carriers. It seems that the TWU is the "Low cost, low wage union".

Again I will ask; Do you want to be a member of the union that gets the lowest wages or the best wages?

Would you rather be a part of a 100,000 member union making $15/hr or a 30,000 member union making over $30/hr?

Did you go and get your A&P so you could aspire to the average or make more?

Hmmmmmm...
  • 45% less people at NWA since AMFA
  • 18 months into negotiations with Horizon Air...AMFA still a no show.
  • 6000 furloghed at UAL, closure of IND and OAK thank you AMFA
  • 38% ungrievable outsourcing "negotiated" by AMFA lawyers, well done AMFA
  • Unemployment rates sag in Singapore, thank you AMFA
  • The loss of FM1 by AMFA lawyers, with a quick reply of "well at least we tried", the TWU did not have to fight a FM ruling.
  • Alaska Air at all time high in outsourcing, thank you AMFA
  • The IBT led the way for AMFA over the $30/hr step, not AMFA leading the way for the industry as they state. We know better AMFA.
  • Delle has been in power as long as Castro, tell you anything about AMFA's democracy?
  • It is easier and more of a guarantee to oust a TWU official than an AMFA official. The TWU is the more democratic union, fact being, AMFA is not a union but an association.
  • The AFL-CIO fights for all workers in the US, lobbys politicians and funds campaigns to save union jobs. AMFA does not and will not join the AFL-CIO. Delle would rather use "shoe leather" and picket to an empty building.
And Bob, are you now an AGW organizer? You seem to throw a plug in for them whenever you post? Is this extra $$$ to offset your loss?

Your_Ex-Wife said:
Hmmmmmm...
  • 45% less people at NWA since AMFA

• 18 months into negotiations with Horizon Air...AMFA still a no show.

• 6000 furloghed at UAL, closure of IND and OAK thank you AMFA

• 38% ungrievable outsourcing "negotiated" by AMFA lawyers, well done AMFA

• Unemployment rates sag in Singapore, thank you AMFA

• The loss of FM1 by AMFA lawyers, with a quick reply of "well at least we tried", the TWU did not have to fight a FM ruling.

• Alaska Air at all time high in outsourcing, thank you AMFA

• The IBT led the way for AMFA over the $30/hr step, not AMFA leading the way for the industry as they state. We know better AMFA.

• Delle has been in power as long as Castro, tell you anything about AMFA's democracy?

• It is easier and more of a guarantee to oust a TWU official than an AMFA official. The TWU is the more democratic union, fact being, AMFA is not a union but an association.

• The AFL-CIO fights for all workers in the US, lobbys politicians and funds campaigns to save union jobs. AMFA does not and will not join the AFL-CIO. Delle would rather use "shoe leather" and picket to an empty building.
And Bob, are you now an AGW organizer? You seem to throw a plug in for them whenever you post? Is this extra $$$ to offset your loss?
Sure, they are paying me double of what AMFA is. Its still $800 a month less than what I got from Local 562 but its more rewarding.

I have a full truth for you cio. These airlines that the twu represents, (for now), also can look forward to concessions without snapbacks. They can also look forward to giving back more than is necessary. By the way, how many AMTs does the twu represent at these airlines?

Bob Owens is not the only one that advoctes the AGW to the ramp. I am also informing the Ramp about the AGW and the failure of staying with the twu. I do it for free.

Checking it Out said:
Represented Groups

Here is another example:

delltoon1.jpg
Sorry cio...........Mechanics craft and class is what we are talking about. Amfa/twu debate remember?? Try to focus...........I know when your in the PANIC mode you'll post anything. I'm sure the unskilled work groups you refer have no other choice thanks to the afl-cio's "No Raid Clause".
Here's to the twu.........
Out the Door in 04............
Cheers......