This Says It All

D

deano

I see Hawk and all the other management types or defenders of management trying to explain away all the sorry excuses of the moves by management by saying it's, reality. Well here is a little reality a lot of the outside world sees and as "Trip Confirmed" says in his posts this management team is literally killing this airline by killing it's own life blood, the employees.

Playing hardball with labor could backfire by provoking a strike that could kill the company, said Michael Boyd, an aviation analyst in Evergreen, Colo.

"US Airways is botching this big time," Boyd said. "They're digging their own grave. Lakefield and company can't see the forest for the sawmill."

article

Well, Michael Boyd calls em' like he sees 'em. I don't think he's right all the time; however, I feel he is spot on with his assessment.

"US Airways is botching this big time," Boyd said. "They're digging their own grave. Lakefield and company can't see the forest for the sawmill."
someone forget ego's are us...gerold glass??
people who live in glass houses??? crystal city...hmmm....
of course if the merde hits the ventilateur.... i'm sure it won't be gerry's fault at all.
:mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff:

EyeInTheSky said:
Somebody on the boards here had the correct assessment of management: "Drooling retards."
[post="200484"][/post]​
N513AU being the one who accurately painted a mental picture of management. Their actions sure put them right in that category.

Like others have posted: The way people are being treated and the fact employees make or break a company, I can't see much of a future for this company as a going concern which is a damn shame.

As difficult as things are hiring known union breakers and keeping them on board thru very difficult times is mindless. The very first thing that should have happened was the very public firing of one Jerry Glass to show labor management is halfway serious. As it stands all the begging from a certain captain on here and a few other management posters will not rectify irreparable damage done to employees and their families financial and mental state. They put people in jail for spousal abuse but at the same time pay these clowns millions and pat them on the back for doing basically they same thing, crazy screwed up world we live in.

IMO, Lakefield has no clue how to run a large corporation, let alone a large airline. He seems to just be the mouthpiece for the boy from Bama who is in Love with the tactics that Jerry Glass spoon fed him. They both only see dollar signs and nothing else. I am sure in the end when this company ceases to operate, it will be proven it was the tactics and lack of vision on part of those in CCY who can not see beyond their own check books. May other corporations take a lesson from what is currently happening here.

Management has never been able to see the forest for anything.
Just some recent examples:
1) Installing Kiosks -- Management thinks they're the best thing since sliced bread and probably because management under them have shown them the stats to prove it. They can use stats that are favorable while ignoring the fact that kiosks have a high failure rate and many passengers disagree with the company's contention that they "enhance" their travel experience. Oh well, it really doesn't matter what the customer wants. It's not about them.
2) Management continues their tradition of denial. They think they make wise choices, while those of us who are in daily, intimate contact with the customers realize the opposite is true.
3) Here's a good one for you...They cut our pay and want to cut it more. Meanwhile management just approved additional staffing (CAR's) at my station which now has fewer flights. These new agents will be doing work which has been done without them. So now we'll have six agents doing the same work three once did! Is this part of the new efficient restructuring plan? I guess my pay cuts are going toward these salaries of the new agents!

If you note, Michael Boyd has always reported out "in favor" of the company and their endeavors.

For him to take this position being usually not a proponent of labor...blatantly reveals that this company has "crossed the line".

Now that is an out right lie PitBull,

Boyd has been against US Airways management from way back when. It is true that he has been no friend of labor as well, he has been against union feather-bedding and high costs that are a result of that...and in favor of best practices....

Geezzz

PITbull said:
If you note, Michael Boyd has always reported out "in favor" of the company and their endeavors.

For him to take this position being usually not a proponent of labor...blatantly reveals that this company has "crossed the line".
[post="200567"][/post]​

Back