Time to clean house,Dave!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/16/2002 11:59:20 AM UAL777flyer wrote:

The house-cleaning doesn't just come from the top. It should also include getting rid of employees with lousy attitudes, of which there are many.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Those lousy attitudes do come from the top.....mis-management is a root cause of employee disatisfaction.....not unions, not passengers.....lack of leadership qualities and employee interaction has everything to do with it....bad agents will be weeded out by their own kind.....

Of course mis-management causes employee dis-satisfaction. But at the end of the day, we're all big boys and girls and are responsible for our own actions and should be held accountable for them.

Question for UAL777flyer and others-----

Do you consider it rude for someone that works for another carrier to post on here regarding employee issues that does not involve them?

I do!

Mother always said to mind your own business.

Excuse me I did not see your ego.

I dont. Especially given who he works for. Same could be said about his coworkers, and it has been at times. As long as he's willing to add to the discussion, post. I dont expect employees at other airline boards here to tell me to stay off when I have something relevant to say about their company and its employees. Many of them are friends of mine and I see some of them more than my family.

I suppose that the Kiosk....ways is the answer. They don't have bad attitudes, don't call in sick or fmla, don't cost the company overtime...and best of all, but unfortunately...

THEY DON'T WORK ......Get rid of them...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/15/2002 1:43:56 AM gilbertguy wrote:

We keep hearing about the new product....our bright future as a carrier....how Dave is going to lead US to the promise land....yet doesn't it seem odd that the old guard from the Wolfman' era is still around....still VP's on the payroll....still making the calls on how to 'not' run this airline? Shouldn't fresh faces be popping up in the halls of Crystal City? Time to air out the linen Dave!!

I posted this thread almost a month ago and yet the same tired mgmnt types are taking this company further into the abyss....2 carriers have left the scene ie.Midway and now N7.....one was counting on U to pull their feet out of the fire...the other has opened the doors for jetblue and AmericaWest to fill it's void.....RJ's are pushed back to the backburner and more concessions/furloughs are on the horizon....losses still keep the prize from U's grasp......so what is the future for this carrier? Is it to become a regional serving third world caribbean/central American routes or is it poised to be a viable airline again? And at what expense......

It is hard to believe the company is losing money when they are still so heavy in management. In PIT hanger 5 they still have one manager for each dock and with all the aircraft cutbacks in PIT they have not gotten rid of any line management. The other day they even gave all management two more floating holidays to use. So the losses must be over and we are profitable once again. Bring out the band.

Doan has been gone for several months and the new Sr Vp of mtc John Prestifillipo has been in CLT several times and walked the hangar floor, distribution and the line.

We hear that Doan is gone! We hear that we have a new head of Maintanence, we have never seen this individual in CLT!

Prestifillipo was been in CLT once for two days that I saw, I met him in MCU the night before Dave's concession roadshow. I understand that during his first senior staff meeting, he used his favorite word, which begins with mother, and is twelve letters with the last six ending in -ker over ten times. Nice change of pace if you ask me.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/9/2002 10:40:48 PM N628AU wrote:

Prestifillipo was been in CLT once for two days that I saw, I met him in MCU the night before Dave's concession roadshow. I understand that during his first senior staff meeting, he used his favorite word, which begins with mother, and is twelve letters with the last six ending in -ker over ten times. Nice change of pace if you ask me.
----------------
[/blockquote]

When he visited our hangar, we joked that we should file a zero-tolerance complaint against him, just to be difficult. You know, spread the love a little bit.

When you were in the lordships presence did anyone ask him if we could please have 1 day off on the weekend?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/16/2002 11:59:20 AM UAL777flyer wrote:

The house-cleaning doesn't just come from the top. It should also include getting rid of employees with lousy attitudes, of which there are many.
----------------
[/blockquote]

How does this work if I may ask - when all furloughs are done by seniority. I have seen many agents furloughed - myself included - who are very good at their jobs and see many agents in my station who are either always roaming the airport (missing from their stations) or are chronically out with OJI's (like every summer) but they are still working because they are senior. In my station I know of several who are still their because of seniority - that every single agent would love to see go because they don't pull their weight but nothing can be done. How do you houseclean the lousy attitudes out?

Latest posts