Time: US Airways stingiest airline in United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta and Continental are very large airlines with huge international reaches and have a better ability to generate revenue through their route systems, unlike US Airways.

I believe you are incorrect...SPIRIT Airlines(NK) should hold this title...they charge you for everything!

ALLEGIANT(G4) isn't far behind, either.

Another "journalist" who doesn't do their homework. They are not considered a major airline but, I believe Spirit Airlines was the first airline to charge for beverages and bags. The article states that USAirways was the "first airline" to charge for beverages (untrue) but then only compares the "Majors".
Spirit charges $3 for juice & sodas, $2 for water and hot beverages, and $5 for beer/wine.
The charge at the airport for bags is $25/bag for the first 2 bags and then $100 for bags 3-5.

Dorf

My dad would had been consider stingy when I was growing up. Funny, I biittched, but guess what? I had food, clothing, and shelter. My parents are retired and live comfortably. My uncle spent like there was no tomorrow for his kids. Now he and my aunt live with his son and haven't a pot to pee in.

Thank God my dad was stingy.

Once again, not one thing done correctly since we merged with HP.
Did anyone, ANYONE, consider the amount of pax we are going to lose because of this. The revenue we will be losing because of this will FAR EXCEED the money we will "save" because of this rediculous policy. Once again, the laughing stock of the industry. Thank you again, Tempe.

Once again, not one thing done correctly since we merged with HP.
Did anyone, ANYONE, consider the amount of pax we are going to lose because of this. The revenue we will be losing because of this will FAR EXCEED the money we will "save" because of this rediculous policy. Once again, the laughing stock of the industry. Thank you again, Tempe.
I flew yesterday and I didn't hear one soda can pop, I saw a few waters, but no one seemed to care either.

It's nice to have a drink but unless you're dying of thirst, it is inconvenient to have that big cup full of ice and beverage there threatening to spill if the guy behind you leans his seat back too far. you can't cap it, you have to have the tray down and you can't take a nap with it.
I'm a sipper, not a guzzler, and I just would rather sleep than have a drink or at least bring one that has a cap on it.

I think any of us here with at least a third of a brain in our head quit taking anything you post seriously when you stated "God told me to rise up against the tyranny of USAirways"

DELETED

I think any of us here with at least a third of a brain in our head quit taking anything you post seriously when you stated "God told me to rise up against the tyranny of USAirways"

DELETED

You must mean this post, which I will not apologize for, as it was from my heart and true. I turn to God whenever I need guidance and he carries me through all of life's trials, including being a long-time US Airways customer.

The more hateful comments people make about me, the more I love each and every one of them because that is what God tells me to do.

I started this post to open a discussion about this recent article in Time Magazine. I'd appreciate it if you would not turn my thread into a debate over my philanthropic credentials, which I assure you are substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.