Together We Fly - What A Joke...

av8orwife

Aug 20, 2002
Pittsburgh
www.usaviation.com
It appears the Together we Fly Program is a joke... at least for our family. The first time I tried to use our Free positive space ticket was for a funeral in May. No this was not possible as the program requires 14 day advance reservations... Ok..I ended up on stand by and all worked out ok.

Now my daughter (age 11) was invited to go to St. Croix, Virgin Islands with a family friend next February for a week. So we tried to use our Free ticket this time 5 months in advance. She is not traveling over Presidents weekend nor during easter break. Guess what. No W inventory on the flights she needed. The trip from PIT via Charlotte to STX are wide open over 100 empty seats and not a single W....Although the Company says there are no black out periods, appearntly there simply are no W invetory added to certain flights.

We were able to book an ED 20 (oh joy) and it is very expensive to travel to St Croix, over $600 round trip. Which I think is a lot of money to spend on an 11 year old.... but that is a parenting issue not a USAir issue...

So much for the use of a free ticket....It is really sad when you work for a Company for 18 years and you can't even make simple use of a free ticket. That and we have no pension...What a wonderfull place ... NOT.. Just had to vent and let others know that the Together we Fly program is a total waste of time. Thanks DAVE....

I couldn't agree with you more. Meanwhile any director or above in this company can book anyone on his family, including parents space positive, y or f inventory, any old time they want. You can bet they have already made their holiday travel plans! What a joke, we get two lousy tickets and they have to restrict the inventory. I think they should have at least allowed parents to take along the kids on a trip. In the meantime you have stepsons of retired vice presidents flying first class transatlantic any old time they like. not to mention all the TP cardholders who buy tickets for anyone they like, on the company dime.

I used this back in June. My 21 year old son went to London to study at the University of Kent for the summer. It worked out perfectly, I was able to book his trip in early June for a June 29th departure. He came back on August 12th. It sure was a load off of my mind as fares for a 6 week stay were well over $800.

I did hear people were have trouble booking to Las Vegas and the Carrib. I guess it just depends on where you go!

PSA1979 said:
I did hear people were have trouble booking to Las Vegas and the Carrib. I guess it just depends on where you go!
You hit the nail on the head. The company won't place any seats in W inventory for St. Croix in February, because that's where people want to go in February. It's a very simple supply/demand decision. Why offer advanced, discount tickets on a flight where you will likely sell higher priced tickets later on?

On the other hand, the "Together We Fly" program ought to allow our beaten, abused, robbed employees an opportunity to book Y seats. The program is almost meaningless without that opportunity.

nycbusdriver said:
PSA1979 said:
You hit the nail on the head. The company won't place any seats in W inventory for St. Croix in February, because that's where people want to go in February. It's a very simple supply/demand decision. Why offer advanced, discount tickets on a flight where you will likely sell higher priced tickets later on?

On the other hand, the "Together We Fly" program ought to allow our beaten, abused, robbed employees an opportunity to book Y seats. The program is almost meaningless without that opportunity.
:blink: how are you so doggone sure someone hasn't reserved those "w" fares where you want them?sure,vegas and the carribian are popular destinations...but i think if you check they have already used the alocated "w" fares...its not like they have half the plane for us........ :blink: