Tom Kokoski - PHX Employee - Former PI/US

cnygirl

Aug 28, 2009
Visitation Saturday and Sunday 12-4, 6-8 at Copeland’s Moon Township, 981 Brodhead Rd. Moon Twp 15108 (412-262-1390) with prayer on Monday at 9:30 AM followed by Mass of Christian Burial at 10 AM in St. Margaret Mary Church. Burial in Good Samaritan Cemetery in Fair Oaks.

Following is the Obituary Notice for the local Pittsburgh papers:

Thomas Kokoski, age 49, of Moon Township, passed away on Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at Forbes Hospice. He was born in Sewickley, PA on Feb. 26, 1960, one of four beloved children to Thaddeus S. “Tedâ€￾ Kokoski and the late Dolores B. “Dollyâ€￾ (Swanderski) Kokoski.

Tom grew up in Conway and was a 1978 graduate of Quigley High School. He was a member of the Polish Falcons of America, Nest #182 (Ambridge), the United States Golf Association, the United States Bowling Congress and St. Margaret Mary Church. He was a devoted Notre Dame Football fan as well as an avid Steeler and Penguin fan, basking in their 2009 Super Bowl and Stanley Cup championships. Additionally, in his spare time, he enjoyed golfing, bowling, deer hunting, and coin collecting, among other interests.

Tom had a 28 year airline career with Piedmont and U.S. Airways, stationed at Baltimore, South Bend, Orlando, Pittsburgh and most recently Phoenix. His home base was the family home in Moon Township.

In addition to his father, Ted of Moon Township, he is survived by his three loving sisters Karen Ann Lucci & husband Michael of Richmond, VA, Cathy Ballard & husband Darren of Greensburg, and Teresa Higgins & husband Stephen of Longmont, CO; cherished niece Lindsay Lucci and nephews Jared Lucci, Jacob & Nathan Ballard, and Matthew Higgins; as well as many other relatives and friends.

There are some great pictures on Tom’s blog. Don’t forget to post a comment to his family on the blog.

http://tkokoski.blogspot.com/

Through our visit with Tom’s sister this morning we were able to determine that the family wanted a charitable donation from the company. This has been submitted to CHQ for processing.

Tom’s father requested that anyone desiring to do so may make a donation in Tom’s name to:

The Dr. T Starczynski Scholarship

PFA Scholarship Fund

615 Iron City Drive

Pittsburgh, PA 15205-4397

412-922-2244

My thoughts are with his family and friends. Sounds like the folks in PHX had a nice get-together for him back in May:

Lastly, I would be remiss if I did not mention the "Good Luck" get together that was put together at the airport by members of the management team and the POC department. They had set up a "Tom's Tiki Bar" complete with fresh fruit smoothies (Alcohol free), cake and cookies. Many of my "East" co-workers who were on duty came by to wish me the best, along with most of the management team that were also on duty, along with some original America West employees with whom I had worked closely with over the last 2 plus years. I was presented with a plaque recognizing my years of service from 5/5/81 through 5/15/2009, a huge card signed by dozens of my workers and a "Pittsburgh Steelers" themed A-319 model airplane, that also had a brass plaque adorned to the base saying "From your US Airways Family in PHX." It was very touching!

My thoughts are with his family and friends. Sounds like the folks in PHX had a nice get-together for him back in May:

Tom is very much loved and missed here in PHX! Wanted to make sure his friends throughout the system knew of his passing.

Please pass the word!

Pat

I remember speaking with Tom on many occasions since I too was PI, US, and HP. He was always so happy and helpful. I remember one time asking him where he was from in Pa and when he said Greensburgh and Pittsburgh we had a laugh since I'm from Altoona and my Uncle was the Hinz salesman in Greensburgh. We were avid Steeler fans and I know he was happy when they beat the Cardinals!!!!! Tom will be missed by all of those he came in contact with. But we must remember also that he is not in anymore pain and will be waiting for us to join him.

Latest posts