Too Bad We Pulled Back This Hub

EyeInTheSky said:
.." know for a fact it was highly subsidized by the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, so I am highly suspicious of the feature touting it the "Next Great City"...one can only hope though..
[post="309341"][/post]​

How do you know that (for a "fact") ?? What's your source and reference for such a provocative statement?

defender said:
How do you know that (for a "fact") ?? What's your source and reference for such a provocative statement?
[post="309376"][/post]​
defender, wow 3 whole posts on this board! Yeah, I know for a fact that the writer's trip was subsidized (funded, paid in full, blah, blah, blah) by the city.

NeedForSpeed said:
Eye...I would also point out the county government argument as well in this debate, as you know as well as every poster here that is from PIT.....That is, US was NEVER treated very well here for most of their existense...
[post="309354"][/post]​

What?!?!

US got a custom designed 2 billion dollar terminal, built to suit their exact specifications. What, you want fries with that?

CLTBWIDAYSYR said:
Pittsburgh lost nearly 240,000 residents during the same period and continues to decline by about 4% a year.
[post="309306"][/post]​

Hmm. You want to share where you got that figure, and does it refer to the city or the MSA--since either would be completely devoid of people in just a few decades at that alleged rate of decline.

ClueByFour said:
Hmm. You want to share where you got that figure, and does it refer to the city or the MSA--since either would be completely devoid of people in just a few decades at that alleged rate of decline.
[post="309427"][/post]​
That'd be the handy, dandy United States Census Bureau. The numbers are approximate and they are for the metropolitan statistical areas (MSA).

CLTBWIDAYSYR said:
That'd be the handy, dandy United States Census Bureau. The numbers are approximate and they are for the metropolitan statistical areas (MSA).
[post="309580"][/post]​

Link? Oh, and show the math while we are batting a grand. Show us that %4.

Me thinks someone is doing a bit of tap dancing.

Pittsburgh MSA:
1990 Census 2,394,811
2000 Census 2,358,695
2003 Estimate 2,339,719
2008 Projection 2,309,282

That's a population decline of 3.6% over 18 years or ~0.2% decline on an annualized basis.

Source: US Census Bureau

Then "LCC" should be able to pick off some of Southwest's mojo. Was talking with a lot of store owners at the PIT Airmall...they don't like Southwest. Passengers are "too cheap" and "loiter and don't buy" in front of their stores, which has hurt sales.

EyeInTheSky said:
Then "LCC" should be able to pick off some of Southwest's mojo. Was talking with a lot of store owners at the PIT Airmall...they don't like Southwest. Passengers are "too cheap" and "loiter and don't buy" in front of their stores, which has hurt sales.
[post="309854"][/post]​

I don't know... The PIT Airmall is pretty darned pricy. In most cases, looking in the window like a dog at the butcher shop is all you can do. :(

barbeetantrums said:
I don't know... The PIT Airmall is pretty darned pricy. In most cases, looking in the window like a dog at the butcher shop is all you can do. :(
[post="309874"][/post]​

Unless the contracts have changed, all businesses in the airmall are required to charge the prevailing price within a 50-mile range. I don't know if the following still holds true, but at one time the PIT airmall made more money per square foot than any other mall in the country due to the mass number of people.

ClueByFour said:
What?!?!

US got a custom designed 2 billion dollar terminal, built to suit their exact specifications. What, you want fries with that?
[post="309422"][/post]​
No...No fries, Clue...I'm talking about the cost of leasing buildings/hangars in PIT....The county was RAPING US on square footage costs for YEARS(as compared to CLT, or at the time, TPA...The lackeys in county government(DEMS) Thought US would be around forever.....Guess what??????LOL :lol: :lol:

Latest posts