Too Religious to Home-School?

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Home school Vs Public in Divorce case

The article makes no mention of custody or the reason for the divorce. Assuming the father is a good parent I agree with the dad. I have never been a huge fan of home schooling. I know there are advantages but I think the lack of social interaction is big negative for me.

I suspect the dads argument is just a front and he really does not want his daughter brainwashed with religious nonsense from the mom.

I think the only way he wins is to get custody of the kid. I also think there is some merit to the argument that courts tend to side with the mother all to often.

Reactions: 1 person
You also can't get religious brain washing either. I think they should just ask Amanda how old the earth is (aprox). If she responds with 6,000 yrs and that mad walked with dinosaurs , she goes to public school. If she responds that is about 6 billion yrs old she can stay with home school.

You also can't get religious brain washing either. I think they should just ask Amanda how old the earth is (aprox). If she responds with 6,000 yrs and that mad walked with dinosaurs , she goes to public school. If she responds that is about 6 billion yrs old she can stay with home school.

Nearly every ancient civilization has some sort of art depicting giant reptilian creatures. Petroglyphs, artifacts, and even little clay figurines found in North America resemble modern depictions of dinosaurs. Rock carvings in South America depict men riding diplodocus-like creatures and, amazingly, bear the familiar images of triceratops-like, pterodactyl-like, and tyrannosaurus rex-like creatures. Roman mosaics, Mayan pottery, and Babylonian city walls all testify to man’s trans-cultural, geographically unbounded fascination with these creatures. Sober accounts like those of Marco Polo’s Il Milione mingle with fantastic tales of treasure-hoarding beasts. In addition to the substantial amount of anthropic and historical evidences for the coexistence of dinosaurs and man, there are physical evidences, like the fossilized footprints of humans and dinosaurs found together at places in North America and West-Central Asia.

I got it online.

I got it online.

And yet there is not a single piece of fossil evidence to support those incorrect interpretations of the drawings or stories.

If the mother is going to teach her kid fiction and put the kid at a disadvantage then yes, public school is better than home school.

And yet there is not a single piece of fossil evidence to support those incorrect interpretations of the drawings or stories.

If the mother is going to teach her kid fiction and put the kid at a disadvantage then yes, public school is better than home school.

So you think "home schoolers" are at a disadvantage academically? Based on what?

So you think "home schoolers" are at a disadvantage academically? Based on what?
I never said that. I think some are, not all, not even most. I believe that those doing home schooling for religious purposes are short changing their kids. Home schooling has some definite advantages if done properly. I do not think that this lady will be of any benefit to her kids.

Bother checking in your own state by chance? :eek:

Glen Rose? Really? That is such a joke. It has not been authenticated and it never will be.

Glen Rose.

Outside, but near the Dinosaur Valley State Park, in the limestone deposits along the Paluxy River "twin sets" tracks were found in the Glen Rose Formation as early as 1908. These footprints have been cited by young-Earth creationists as evidence against evolutionary theory,[3] as the idea that humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time is contrary to the standard view of the geological time scale. This view is the basis for displays at the Creation Evidence Museum in nearby Glen Rose. However, as biologist Massimo Pigliucci noted, geologists in the 1980s "clearly demonstrated that no human being left those prints," but rather "they were in fact metatarsal dinosaur tracks, together with a few pure and simple fakes."[4]

The family of the original man, George Adams, who made the claims, later admitted it was a hoax.[5] "My grandfather was a very good sculptor," said Zana Douglas, from the Adams family who found many of Glen Rose’s real dinosaur tracks.[5] She explained that in the 1930s and the Depression, Glen Rose residents made money by making moonshine and selling dinosaur fossils.[5] The fossils brought $15 to $30 and when the supply ran low, George Adams, Zana's grandfather "just carved more, some with human footprints thrown in.

There are no fossil records to support the idea that dinosaurs and humans co-existed because they did not. So just ask the kids the question and you will find out if she is harming or helping them.

Latest posts