Top 10 Most Disliked Companies

"Quite frankly, I think you're full of it. What would YOU know of DL's "moral compass"?"

Well lets go with Dick Anderson for starters. The mass amounts of farm out employees at DL, unwilling to pay their people a wage above the rate of poverty. The scam of skimming millions of dollars from employees in bankruptcy, only to line the executives pockets and to fund the merger. How's that for a start. And as for my union. Thanks to the contract that I had, I was able to collect a severance equal to 18 weeks of pay on my way out the door.

If that's what the IAM told you, I won't be able to change your mind. Just as an FYI, those employees were farmed out LONG before Anderson got there. And, in a way, you're correct........money was skimmed from the employees to line the pockets of the execs, EXCEPT it wasn't during BK, but when Leo and his gang were there, something for which most of us, retired and otherwise, will pay for. THAT was not a good time for DL, but, you know what? We got over it......we survived and with the help of the NW people, we will thrive. Not you of course....you chose to bail rather than make it work.

They may work "pretty well," but they don't work nearly as efficiently as the system they replaced.

OSS/RES are a big step backwards compared to what we had previously. ALIS is okay, but the rest is like taking a trip back to 1986.

Frankly, I think it's just because you aren't used to the system. NW's system may have been better, but DL has never been one to do a wholesale change of a computer system. Possible exceptions are the change from Cargofax to ViSion and in reservations. Instead, they tried to improve what was already there. It may not have always worked, but usually it did. In the DL/WA merger there was no need to change the OSS/RES system as it was better than anything that WA had.

If you think NW's systems were better, fine. I think you'll find that if you keep pushing to get things changed on that front, that, eventually, DL will listen to you. Trust me on this.....it has worked before.

Frankly, I think it's just because you aren't used to the system.

I'm quite used to it now, actually.

As for a compare/contrast, I tried to keep an open mind, and kept the "I don't like it 'cause it's different" mentality out of it.

Bottom line: it's less efficient, especially when it comes to closing out flights.

If you think NW's systems were better, fine. I think you'll find that if you keep pushing to get things changed on that front, that, eventually, DL will listen to you. Trust me on this.....it has worked before.

I hope you're right, but early returns show otherwise...

I'm quite used to it now, actually.

As for a compare/contrast, I tried to keep an open mind, and kept the "I don't like it 'cause it's different" mentality out of it.

Bottom line: it's less efficient, especially when it comes to closing out flights.

I hope you're right, but early returns show otherwise...

You just have to learn who to take the fight to.

Latest posts

Back