Town Hall Meeting In Tulsa

Problem being MCIxplant, they will never understand what you and I and others from MCI are stating. Be it that they don't want to see themselves as self serving or what I can't figure out. You're discussing union activity with a group of people who have never been involved in picket lines, furloughs, or job actions. They have never seen a day without benefits or pay, but they sure know how to complain about a struggle. We fell right into their TWU/AMFA war, and offerred to assist both sides of the same members that screwed us...We are the dummies here after all.

And Buck, had we not been bought we would have been on the street years (4) ago...that much farther along with our lives. Instead we were placed and used by management and stockholders to be used against the other workers in the south. Funny wasn't it that the production increased at TUL and AFW after MCIE kicked butt on the a/c. Of course we were rewarded with hotdogs and a furlough.

Now Arpey states that he will wait for further concessions until he sees where UAL goes with their package. Hold onto your protected butts, you'll be wishing you were furloughed before its all said and done.

I read here, as you have, that they want every single TWA member furloughed prior to anyone from their AA "family" disturbed. GO UNION!...RAH RAH RAH!. AMFA will change their logic...yeah right.

Drippy Quill said:
Problem being MCIxplant, they will never understand what you and I and others from MCI are stating. Be it that they don't want to see themselves as self serving or what I can't figure out. You're discussing union activity with a group of people who have never been involved in picket lines, furloughs, or job actions. They have never seen a day without benefits or pay, but they sure know how to complain about a struggle. We fell right into their TWU/AMFA war, and offerred to assist both sides of the same members that screwed us...We are the dummies here after all.

And Buck, had we not been bought we would have been on the street years (4) ago...that much farther along with our lives. Instead we were placed and used by management and stockholders to be used against the other workers in the south. Funny wasn't it that the production increased at TUL and AFW after MCIE kicked butt on the a/c. Of course we were rewarded with hotdogs and a furlough.

Now Arpey states that he will wait for further concessions until he sees where UAL goes with their package. Hold onto your protected butts, you'll be wishing you were furloughed before its all said and done.

I read here, as you have, that they want every single TWA member furloughed prior to anyone from their AA "family" disturbed. GO UNION!...RAH RAH RAH!. AMFA will change their logic...yeah right.
[post="201242"][/post]​

How were you screwed? When you were with TWA you had full seniority in STL and MCI. Now after the death of TWA you still have your full seniority in STL and MCI. You are no better or worse off than you were before.

Drippy Quill said:

[post="201242"][/post]​
drippy take your TWU negotiated bennies and hit the street! quit your complaining your union of choice sold you out along with the company and as a good afl-cio koolaid drinker you have had (4) years to see the "LIGHT" so go get bent with the rest of your industrial unionst brothers! :up:

Drippy Quill said:

[post="201242"][/post]​

You were used by the TWU as a dues generating machine for the AFL-CIO!

You have been used and abused by everybody but the AMFA and you still blame them. There is the Employee Assistance Program if you need any further assistance.

Drippy Quill said:

[post="201242"][/post]​
<_< DQ------ Your spinning your wheels with these people man! TWU/AMFA, at least here at a.a, they are one in the same! They don't what to hear it! But you're totally correct in saying their day will come! Maybe little bet latter than sooner, but it will come!!!! B)

MCI transplant said:
<_< DQ------ Your spinning your wheels with these people man! TWU/AMFA, at least here at a.a, they are one in the same! They don't what to hear it! But you're totally correct in saying their day will come! Maybe little bet latter than sooner, but it will come!!!! B)
[post="201471"][/post]​

That is the problem you cannot see the difference in the two. A few of you former TWA employees are very bitter.

Drippy Quill said:

[post="201242"][/post]​

You say that MCIE kicked butt on the aircraft.How long did it take to do a B-737 Heavy C Check?How long did it take to do a B-737 Light C Check?
I bet that MCIE did not do them any faster that TUL M&E.

Buck said:
The sad part would be to continue to fully fund the pensions only to cancel them in the future. If the company has the intent to cancel our pensions they should do so now.
[post="200481"][/post]​

I agree.

And as I have posted numerous times lately, the current DB plan contributions are actually LESS than the projected costs of a Southwest-style retirement scheme. Southwest's total retirement expenditures in 2003 were significantly higher as a percentage of revenues and as a percentage of expenses than the total cash outlay for AMR's pensions, and it is almost certain that 2004 will be the same, given that AMR paid its pension contribution of $461 million by June 30 of this year.

Arpey and Beer confirmed the other day in the investor/analyst conference call that canceling the DB plans and substituting a Defined Contribution plan (ala WN) might actually cost more cash flow right now. Even though, in the real long term, Defined Contribution plans are probably always cheaper for the company. What really matters right now is cash. And the company is unlikely to make a change that would involve a much higher cash payment than the 2005 projected $430 million DB pension contribution.

Trading in a gas guzzler for a very efficient car (or buying efficient airplanes instead of old guzzling 727s and DC-9s) will eventually lower one's total costs of driving or flying over the long term, but if your car payments or aircraft payments suddenly double for a few years, you might run out of cash before you reap the benefits of the efficiency.

Same thing with AA's current pensions. Maintaining them as is might just be the cheapest option (based on out of pocket cash flow for AMR) for the near term. As you well know, AA doesn't want to run out of cash. The pain inflicted on the represented employees was a desperate attempt to keep from running out of cash last year, and the cash balance has improved. Let's hope that trend continues, so there will be some pie for everyone to eat in the future.

Buck said:
That is the problem you cannot see the difference in the two. A few of you former TWA employees are very bitter.
[post="201561"][/post]​
<_< Buck! Again your perspective is a little off! Not a "few", "ALL"!!!!!!!

MCI transplant said:
:down: Buck------You and your A.M.F.A. be Damned!!! Along with the T.W.U.!!!! Until you all learn there is more to "UNIONS" then just the "ME FIRST " cyindrum, there won't be ten cents worth of differance between you!!!! :angry:
[post="200846"][/post]​

Well if you look back the only ones who were calling for TWA to get Dovetailed within the AA stystem was the AMFA supporters in Tulsa.

Drippy Quill said:

[post="201242"][/post]​

And still you defend your decision to accept concessions. Dont complain about how you were used and abused, you were warned, you chose to believe in fairy tales.

We should have fought in 2003, and as you said, either way we would be that much further along in our lives. Now we see the AFA calling for action. A little too late, but then again , why not? Where do you stand? Should we support them or stand by and let them get mowed over? Where do you think Little will stand? Look at what TWU supporters/officials like AAmech have to say. Then you will see what we are up against with the TWU.

MCI transplant said:
<_< Buck! Again your perspective is a little off! Not a "few", "ALL"!!!!!!!
[post="201770"][/post]​

Wrong! It is your perspective that is a "Little" off!

If it were ALL, there would be more here than one or two proving my point.

:down: Buck--------- What makes you think your posts would deserve coment by any ex-TWA employees? Frankly I don't know way I'm even answeering you!!!! :shock:

MCI transplant said:
:down: Buck--------- What makes you think your posts would deserve coment by any ex-TWA employees? Frankly I don't know way I'm even answeering you!!!! :shock:
[post="202066"][/post]​

Nor do I?

Latest posts