Trouble accessing I-Learning within The Hub

birdinhann

Aug 17, 2007
God's Country
Is it me, or is anyone else having trouble accessing the "I-Learning" section on The Hub from your home PC? There is absolutely nothing wrong with my connection or my server, and yet I have been trying for days to access I-Learning to no avail. Anyone else having this problem?

bird

A note about Training and Testing.

DO NOT DO TRAINING or TESTING ON YOUR OWN TIME or AT HOME! The company is responsibe for allowing enough time for training and Testing while on the job!

Unless your CBA has some rather odd verbiage in it John-John is correct.

I wouldn't do so much as pass wind for US Airways on my own time if I worked there, much less complete a web based learning module.

When you work for a REAL Company like I do the learners get PAID to take courses. All of my learners got $25.00 for attending today's session.
you beat me too it but well said...never on my own time.....

I don't do any training outside of work, just thought I would help out a fellow co-worker
and answer the question at hand.

This can't be true, the person in charge of Ilearning was made a Director last month.

This company does not promote incompetents.

Unless your CBA has some rather odd verbiage in it John-John is correct.

I wouldn't do so much as pass wind for US Airways on my own time if I worked there, much less complete a web based learning module.

When you work for a REAL Company like I do the learners get PAID to take courses. All of my learners got $25.00 for attending today's session.

Yada Yada Yada... No John-John is not correct. In my unit we have only 2 computers for about 45 agents and leads using them, and of the 2 only 1 has access to The Hub making it nearly impossible to access. Yes I could use the training computers on concourse B but I usually don't have the time. In all honesty I much prefer doing these "test" at home. No noise or distractions. As for you Piney, I really don't give a Flying Flip what you would do!! Nuff said!!

bird

We had been told by our training and management that if we did classes at home we were to fill out an overtime slip and we would get paid for them. Of course all training is paid straight time so there isnt the incentive to do time 1/2 from home, but you could get paid extra for doing it on your own time from home. Might want to check with your local training/management to see if they had been told the same thing so you dont lose out on any $$$.

. In my unit we have only 2 computers for about 45 agents and leads using them, and of the 2 only 1 has access to The Hub making it nearly impossible to access. Yes I could use the training computers on concourse B but I usually don't have the time.

You bring up a good point. When we had Sabre, the SAI courses could be accessed from any workstation, even the junky old PATT sets (non PC CRTs) not just "back office" or training room sets. True, they did not have fancy graphics or cute cartoons that I-learning has, they conveyed the information just the same. It was also possible to access the vast library of courses in SAI that were not specific to US, but very enlightening and useful.

It was also easy to see if any courses were due just by entering "JJ" when logged into Sabre. Instead of having to go the back room and logging into I learning, (and then haing the manager ask you where you were).

Yada Yada Yada... No John-John is not correct. In my unit we have only 2 computers for about 45 agents and leads using them, and of the 2 only 1 has access to The Hub making it nearly impossible to access. Yes I could use the training computers on concourse B but I usually don't have the time. In all honesty I much prefer doing these "test" at home. No noise or distractions. As for you Piney, I really don't give a Flying Flip what you would do!! Nuff said!!

bird
A note about Training and Testing.

DO NOT DO TRAINING or TESTING ON YOUR OWN TIME or AT HOME! The company is responsibe for allowing enough time for training and Testing while on the job!

straight off the cwa site....John John and Piney are both CORRECT. You are doing exactly what the company wants and saving them money too....you just might be up for next years Chairmens' Award.
Might I suggest using the mangers computer? Have him/her log you in.