Trump Watch

Trump-haters often focus on the educational deficits of the Trump supporters. What is really striking here is how your post illustrates their point.

When was the Dow Jones Industrial average at "an all-time low"? The bolded part of your post implies that it was on inauguration day, Jan 20, 2017. I'm confident that you're not that stupid. I'm confident that nobody in the USA who knows how to log on to a message board like this one is that stupid. So what drives you (and other Trump cheerleaders) to say such outlandish things? Are you trying to emulate Trump?

The DJIA recently did hit an all-time high. Fact. Why muddle such an accomplishment with a nit-wit statement like "went from an all-time low" nonsense? Don't snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I haven't done any research into the DJIA all-time low, but I'd bet that it happened in the early 1930s, during the early part of the Great Depression. In 1982 it hit a trough right before the 1980s bull market kicked off. It fell by half during the latter part of 2008/early 2009, before quickly recovering (see the graph provided by KC).

Pictures often help. I modified this one to help him understand
IMG_0499.PNG

KC the stock market has gone from an all time low, to an all time high, in the first 200 days of Trump's Presidency. In fact the Libs were predicting it would crash if Trump was elected. Now, tell me again how it would take too long to matter. And I know you live in a State that has big tax problems, but not all of us do. And most States, and cities, that do are run by Democrats.

He's only been in office for 8 months, give him time.
DOH! :eek:

US stocks fall on North Korea fears

XUT glad to see your hard earned San Fran tax dollars go directly to frivolous Illegal alien lawsuits. You must feel delighted
Thanks Albert.
I have as much control over our gooberment as you do.
You think you own your house?
Just don't pay property taxes and you will find out very quickly who owns your property, certainly not you.
Taxman

No Xut the man is correct. The low I was referring to was in the Obama administration, but if you go back far enough, that would not be the "all time low".... My bad. But here's the reality of it FWAA........ Where do you think this will go if, just a portion of that off shore money should come home and be assimilated into our economy? Is Trump making political mistakes? Yes he is. But that is one of the main reasons the American people elected him! He was not a politician and the establishment in Washington (the swamp) just won't except that! And I'm talking both Democrat and Republican! He is a threat to their political, and econmic base. So what we are seeing here is historic. An American coup is now being waged against a duly elected President! And to hell with the well of to the people!........ And yes FWAA! Just one man's opinion!
stocks-have-risen-steadily-since-trumps-inauguration-with-the-benchmark-dow-jones-industrial-average-recently-hitting-the-22000-mark-for-the-first-time.jpg

Last edited:
No Xut the man is correct. The low I was referring to was in the Obama administration, but if you go back far enough, that would not be the "all time low".... My bad. But here's the reality of it FWAA........ Where do you think this will go if, just a portion of that off shore money should come home and be assimilated into our economy? Is Trump making political mistakes? Yes he is. But that is one of the main reasons the American people elected him! He was not a politician and the establishment in Washington (the swamp) just won't except that! And I'm talking both Democrat and Republican! He is a threat to their political, and econmic base. So what we are seeing here is historic. An American coup is now being waged against a duly elected President! And to hell with the well of to the people!........ And yes FWAA! Just one man's opinion!
stocks-have-risen-steadily-since-trumps-inauguration-with-the-benchmark-dow-jones-industrial-average-recently-hitting-the-22000-mark-for-the-first-time.jpg
Okay...so let me get this straight...if I started with $1,000 and over time it grew to $10,000, then for a period of a few months it dropped back to $9,500, this is a BAD thing for me? You know the cool thing about graphs? You can pretty much make them show whatever you want. I showed you a 10 year span....you showed us a 6 month span. So to make it apples to apples, I ran a graph from January 20, 2009 to August 12, 2009. It looks like the one below. Now those numbers are kind of hard to read, so let me help. January 20 it was $7,939 and on August 12 it was $9,398. That's an increase of 18.5% And yep...it dipped the first couple of weeks. If we use that number, the increase is even more impressive.

Under the dear leader it was $20,204 and ended yesterday at $22,048. Those are big numbers, but it is a gain of 9.5%. So please explain how what you posted is MORE impressive?

upload_2017-8-10_7-50-43.png

Thanks Albert.
I have as much control over our gooberment as you do.
You think you own your house?
Just don't pay property taxes and you will find out very quickly who owns your property, certainly not you.
Taxman
True but maybe if you didn't have such a liberal local government the
illegal wouldn't have won such a settlement.I can't believe anyone could be alright with the settlement After reading about it the veins did pop out of my head.

True but maybe if you didn't have such a liberal local government the
illegal wouldn't have won such a settlement.I can't believe anyone could be alright with the settlement After reading about it the veins did pop out of my head.
I am originally from the mid-west.
Regardless, I don't make the laws, I just have to abide by them.

Okay...so let me get this straight...if I started with $1,000 and over time it grew to $10,000, then for a period of a few months it dropped back to $9,500, this is a BAD thing for me? You know the cool thing about graphs? You can pretty much make them show whatever you want. I showed you a 10 year span....you showed us a 6 month span. So to make it apples to apples, I ran a graph from January 20, 2009 to August 12, 2009. It looks like the one below. Now those numbers are kind of hard to read, so let me help. January 20 it was $7,939 and on August 12 it was $9,398. That's an increase of 18.5% And yep...it dipped the first couple of weeks. If we use that number, the increase is even more impressive.

Under the dear leader it was $20,204 and ended yesterday at $22,048. Those are big numbers, but it is a gain of 9.5%. So please explain how what you posted is MORE impressive?

View attachment 11951
K.C. I can now see why you live in Kansas City, Kansas.

Where do you think this came from? Investing in the market isn't just doping money in index funds. Besides where else can you get a 9.5% gain on your money today?
upload_2017-8-10_21-11-23.jpeg

Last edited: