TSA Sleeping

Please spread this picture as much as possible:

http://www.talkairline.com/watermark.php?file=456&size=1

Today in BOS, I arrived to find a TSA agent sound asleep in a Spirit Airlines wheelchair, on the outside of security. After mentioning it to a ticket agent, she stated that he had been there for almost two hours. So I go back, and take a few pictures of it, one of which is great. There is nothing in the pictures that is security related at all, it is just him in the wheelchair against a wall.

A coworker of his came over, woke him up, and told him that someone had just taken his picture. He asked who it was and I responded that it was me. He told me that the picture better be deleted, to which I responded that not only is it not going to be deleted, it is going to be copied, a few million times over. Next, he makes some slang remarks, and walks over to his coworkers that are at the security checkpoint.

I see them looking over, pointing, those kind of things. Eventually, the manager comes over and inquires about the picture. I told him that I had it. He leans into me and in a strong tone says, 'I hope you do the right thing with that picture, and we won't have anything to worry about'. My response was that I will do the right thing, and those involved should be very worried.

Fifteen minutes or so pass, I go through security to go to work, and am immediately intercepted by the manager already mentioned, and two people in suits. Only one person spoke to me, one of the suits. She asked about the picture, I confirmed it. She tells me that the individual has been reprimanded, and then inquires as to what I am going to do with the picture. I told her that I will do anything I want, it is my picture. She asks why I am getting hostile (which I was not). My last statement to her was that unless I am being detained, I have a job to do, and you can find me on flight #xxxx, and then I walked off. They did not come to the aircraft.

Please spread this picture as much as possible:

http://www.talkairline.com/watermark.php?file=456&size=1

Today in BOS, I arrived to find a TSA agent sound asleep in a Spirit Airlines wheelchair, on the outside of security. After mentioning it to a ticket agent, she stated that he had been there for almost two hours. So I go back, and take a few pictures of it, one of which is great. There is nothing in the pictures that is security related at all, it is just him in the wheelchair against a wall.

A coworker of his came over, woke him up, and told him that someone had just taken his picture. He asked who it was and I responded that it was me. He told me that the picture better be deleted, to which I responded that not only is it not going to be deleted, it is going to be copied, a few million times over. Next, he makes some slang remarks, and walks over to his coworkers that are at the security checkpoint.

I see them looking over, pointing, those kind of things. Eventually, the manager comes over and inquires about the picture. I told him that I had it. He leans into me and in a strong tone says, 'I hope you do the right thing with that picture, and we won't have anything to worry about'. My response was that I will do the right thing, and those involved should be very worried.

Fifteen minutes or so pass, I go through security to go to work, and am immediately intercepted by the manager already mentioned, and two people in suits. Only one person spoke to me, one of the suits. She asked about the picture, I confirmed it. She tells me that the individual has been reprimanded, and then inquires as to what I am going to do with the picture. I told her that I will do anything I want, it is my picture. She asks why I am getting hostile (which I was not). My last statement to her was that unless I am being detained, I have a job to do, and you can find me on flight #xxxx, and then I walked off. They did not come to the aircraft.

Bravo!

As they continue to make "monitoring" crew members a part of their jobs. So should crew members make sure the TSA is actively "monitoring" and not sleeping on a safety sensitive job. That way..everything is on the up and up!

I would think TIME or Newsweek, USA Today, would be thrilled to review your picture.

geez your a horrible person .... just imgine the impact on that persons life if they were to lose their job over a simple human mistake .... it's not like they were asleep at a scanner or at a security exit ... in this economy it's next to impossible to find another job .... if you wanted to make an issue out of it you should just email your picture to the apporatiate people at the TSA ..... if a paper picks that up that person is sure to lose their job ..

human beings fall alseep on the job from time to time ... who knows why , a late night of partying , fighting with the wife ... a long night because of a death in the family ...

Yes that agent should be punished ... but when the media get involved punishment tends to be magnified beyond all porpotion to the incident .

geez your a horrible person .... just imgine the impact on that persons life if they were to lose their job over a simple human mistake .... it's not like they were asleep at a scanner or at a security exit ... in this economy it's next to impossible to find another job .... if you wanted to make an issue out of it you should just email your picture to the apporatiate people at the TSA ..... if a paper picks that up that person is sure to lose their job ..

human beings fall alseep on the job from time to time ... who knows why , a late night of partying , fighting with the wife ... a long night because of a death in the family ...

Yes that agent should be punished ... but when the media get involved punishment tends to be magnified beyond all porpotion to the incident .

you are such an idiot...

There are many unanswered questions here.

What is your agenda...

Mr. Lucky? :rolleyes:

You are correct, there is a little more to the story in regards to what he said to me, bordering on threatening at the personal level, but it would be a he said/he said, and I choose not to start that. I deal with TSA 4 days a week. 99.99% of them are great, just doing there job, but every now and then there is that one. He is that one, normally I would brush it off and go about my day, but not this time, not after what came out of his mouth. This guy deserves everything he can get. All I have is my word, but I am a happy, mind my own business kind of guy, but this crossed that line.

i'm the idiot ? gee i'm not the one personally destorying anothers life ... some cities have unemployment rates up to or around 8 percent ....

When a person loses their job , it affects not only them , but their familes as well .... you should personally tell the guys little children if he had any that daddy lost his job because he made a mistake and now they have to find another place to live because their homes getting taken away because daddy can't find work anymore ..

i myself would personally get angry if someone started taking pictures of me .... it's just a personal thing , but i consider it an invasion of privacy .. even in public and i'd go to great lengths to stop someone taking pictures of me ... that's just rude .. (unless of course i don't mind having my picture taken , in which case it's alright ) ....

Do we even know if this man was on the job yet ? what if he was off the clock ?

He shouldnt be sleeping in the public area of the airport in uniform. If he wasnt on the clock and his supervisors have spoken with him, it shouldnt be an issue, should it?

First we don't know if he or she was on the clock or not ... this makes a huge difference .... now either way that employee should be punished BUT .... like i said .... things can be blown out of all proprotion once the media is brought in .....

If he WAS off the clock , then how is he stealing tax payer monies ? and i see nothing wrong with him running to his supervior or offering some indigant lip .... who amoung us wouldn't at least give out some lip service eh ?

Just because these workers wear uniforms doesn't make them stop being human ... everyone makes mistakes .... because to err is human ... in the gand scheme of things , him sleeping perhaps off the clock is no great threat to public saftey nor deriliction of duty ... now if he was high or drunk that's another story entirely ...

As far as the TSA being parmilitary ... HA !! HA!!!!

1. they have no weapons ...

2.... they sometimes comprise of old people and disabled workers ..

Assuming what the OP said is an accurate reflection of what transpired, do you think that perhaps had the TSA agent been a bit more apologetic and humbled the out come may have been different?

Whether he was on duty or not is hardly the issue. The issue the way I see it is that Uncle Sam has created an agency tasked with protecting our safety. We have all seen the reports that test bombs and other weapons get through all the time. I my self traveled with a 4 inch steak knife on more than one occasion (accidentally). The fact that this agent is a posted boy for TSA is unfortunate but it seems to be reflective of TSA. If Americans and Uncle Sam really wanted to protect us, we would be willing to pay for retired SS, Boarder Patorl, FBA, CIA, Police, Sheriffs and the like to be manning these check points. The more times the TSA is nailed for screwing up and for hiring unqualified personal, may be the TSA will get fixed.

Please spare me any TSA first time reporting. Sleeping? Seen it. Using airport resources such as Crash-Rescue Energency for personal means? Seen it. Ridiculing, mocking and harassing airport employees? Seen it. Theatrics? Seen it? Hearing how former employees for the airlines were overpaid? Heard it. Sexual harassment? Check. Then I won't get into a 'former' TSA involved in criminal activity. The 'former' reflects the "getting caught" factor. Your liquids are fare game!

Would I report it? Do I look like Richard(?) Jewell? They are just looking for somebody to parade on their stage of theatrics. By reporting a bureacracy without accountability it will be YOU that is held accountable.

nuf sed :ph34r:

Latest posts