Tulsa To Get Insourced 737 Wheel Maintenance

j7915 said:
Would it enhance your opinion of the AFL-CIO if they had called a general strike to support an illegal one, PATCO?
[post="248790"][/post]​

Yes and only a management stooge would consider and majority approved strike to be illegal. At one time the government deemed all strikes to be illegal conspiracies, so where do you stand? On the side of workers every or anywhere or on the side of corporate controlled government that strips workers of their ability to collectively fight for fair wages and benifits?

Would it enhance your opinion of the AFL-CIO if they had called a general strike to support an illegal one, PATCO?

I attempt to think things through, at times, as I would like to have seen occur. Having the AFL-CIO pool it's resources together and shut down the US in defiance of Reagan is one of my dreams that never materialized, shame.

Unions, in general, missed the boat. We should have reacted and have been prepared to go to jail for our industry. Lack of leadership, or management payoffs derailed that action.

Checking it Out said:
The few Amfa wannabes want AA and TWU to fail at bring maintenance in house whether it's new work like the 737 wheels or third party work. They feed on fear to get cards signed.
[post="248343"][/post]​

"Few wannabes"? There were over 9000 signed cards.

As for bringing back work how about your good old twu giving back push backs, airstarts, deicing, etc. to AMTs?

Do I personally want the twu and AA to fail? Yes to the twu failing. Why? Because they already failed at protecting our proud craft. And no to AA failing. Well, at least for now. If AA continues to blame labor for the market's problems and they continue to erode my pay and benefits then YES, AA should fail.

Ken MacTiernan said:
"Few wannabes"? There were over 9000 signed cards.

As for bringing back work how about your good old twu giving back push backs, airstarts, deicing, etc. to AMTs? 

Do I personally want the twu and AA to fail? Yes to the twu failing. Why? Because they already failed at protecting our proud craft. And no to AA failing. Well, at least for now. If AA continues to blame labor for the market's problems and they continue to erode my pay and benefits then YES, AA should fail.
[post="248935"][/post]​

Do you mean they should fall within the same league as the amfa? Are these any of the type of failures you are talking about?

See below>>>>

1. FM1= Dead issue
2. FM2= Dead issue
3. 50%+1 at AA for a vote= Dead issue
4. Recall of national officers= Too many holes in it
5. Willing to debate in public forum= Lack charisma to face truth
6. Lead by a realestate tycoon= Proven Fact
7. Vote on all letters of agreement= Bull $hitttt
8. Leading industry on outsourcing= Proven Fact
9. Does not negotiate concessions= """""Oooooooop's""""
10. Negotiates "Snap Back"= Sorry, "Ken"!!!
11. National negotiates their cut="da-money, da-money is mine"
12. 60 day's to, "tweak the language"= "Hmmmmmm???"
13. Membership votes for strike= "Without Further Ratification" :wub: "Delle"
14. Better off in "Bankruptcy"= The proof is in the "PUDDING"

----------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaining means YOU GO.....!

seed said:
I attempt to think things through, at times, as I would like to have seen occur. Having the AFL-CIO pool it's resources together and shut down the US in defiance of Reagan is one of my dreams that never materialized, shame.

Unions, in general, missed the boat. We should have reacted and have been prepared to go to jail for our industry. Lack of leadership, or management payoffs derailed that action.
[post="248904"][/post]​

Seed, do you see what you are dealing with when it comes to the TWU?
The person in question is an active TWU officer and was a delegate at the last Convention.

This same person is in favor of the creation of OSMS, claiming that any work that does not require an A&P should not be done by an A&P.

He also bragged that the TWU is structured like a corporation!

High Speed Steel said:
Do you mean they should fall within the same league as the amfa? Are these any of the type of failures you are talking about?

See below>>>>

1. FM1= Dead issue
2. FM2= Dead issue
3. 50%+1 at AA for a vote= Dead issue
4. Recall of national officers= Too many holes in it
5. Willing to debate in public forum= Lack charisma to face truth
6. Lead by a realestate tycoon= Proven Fact
7. Vote on all letters of agreement= Bull $hitttt
8. Leading industry on outsourcing= Proven Fact
9. Does not negotiate concessions= """""Oooooooop's""""
10. Negotiates "Snap Back"= Sorry, "Ken"!!!
11. National negotiates their cut="da-money, da-money is mine"
12. 60 day's to, "tweak the language"= "Hmmmmmm???"
13. Membership votes for strike= "Without Further Ratification" :wub: "Delle"
14. Better off in "Bankruptcy"= The proof is in the "PUDDING"

----------------------------
Where bargaining means YOU GO.....!
[post="248952"][/post]​

I know this is going to be hard to do but,can some body tell me how many lies or half truths this moron is telling? Come on guys and gals this should be easy. Let,s treat this like a game show one guess per person please.

FM1+FM2:AMFA fought their illegal layoffs,TWU doesn't do anything to fight our layoffs,except bring down our profession with low wages and almost no benefits!

50+1 AMFA vote: AMFA denied election by TWU/AA,NMB collusion by allowing DEAD,RETIRED,FIRED,ETC. people to remain on eligiblity list. AMFA will hold election in the fall of 2005.

NO recall of officers in the TWU, UNLESS they fight for their members interests instead of the "FAT CAT" TWU INTERNATIONAL CROOKS!

Had several debates in which SONNY HALL failed to show himself.

AMFA led by A+P mechanic, TWU led by a bus driver.

When was the last time we voted on a letter of agreement at AA?

TWU leads in in(out)sourcing because our wages here at AA are so low that third party chop shops are unable to match them.

UAL "concessions" shot down by AMFA membership, TWU concessions approved without further ratification even after voting fraud and SERPA scam exposed.

TWU international takes your dues and gives themselves huge pay raises and executive style retirement plan very little money goes back to locals.

TWU goes from just looking at concessions to an almost complete gutting of our contract almost overnight and then lets an AA subsidary(AAA) conduct an illegal and fraudulant vote!

Membership of AMFA is at least threatening to go on strike, where as the TWU is producing PRO-MANAGEMENT videos promoting more concessions!

Airlines are struggling to match our massive concessions in bankruptcy. The TWU lowered the bar so low that not even a rat can get under it!

No observers are allowed by TWU in their SECRET negotiations with the company. AMFA has lawsuit against NWA to allow the obsevers back in.

LOOKS LIKE ABOUT 15 LIES TO ME 767 Mechanic

AAmech said:
#15 Observers in contract Negotiations, Gone!
[post="248984"][/post]​
Alaskan Update

You're a liar but we already knew that. I know you're backing management again on the on-going battle at NWA over observers but that can be expected of twu believers. BTW...USAIRWAYS has the lowest paid mechanics but you probally knew that.

AAmech said:
#15 Observers in contract Negotiations, Gone!
[post="248984"][/post]​
.......DING, DING, DING......that's an incorrect answer.... so nice to have you on the show.

The correct answer was; The twu will not allow observers, and never had them.

Tune in tomorrow night when AAmech tries to defend his worthless twu......but he can't.

...and folks, make sure you have your twu pet spayed or neutered.

767 mechanic said:
I know this is going to be hard to do but,can some body tell me how many lies or half truths this moron is telling? Come on guys and gals this should be easy. Let,s treat this like a game show one guess per person please.
[post="248982"][/post]​

Hey 767....... Moron here, Can I play?????

Let's see, You question the truth to my assesment of amfa's failures so I may try to enlighten you.

To date, amfa has over 50% of their members on the street. Over 47.1% of those members are from one Airline alone. The TWU on the other hand is around 16%. There have been facilities closed and even some have met the wrath of a "Buldozer"!!! With no chance of the amfa members who are on the street to ever return to their former jobs.

The TWU on the other hand are in the process of making strides to ensure that their members have a future. It has been noted that AA is the only Airline to maintain full Overhaul capability's and the TWU has been an assistant in this venture to ensure its success.

If you cannot absorb common sense, and continue to support the amfa dream, it may be wise of you to check your "Occupational Seniority Date" ;)

-----------------------------
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!

AAmech said:

Do you need me to explain this as you most likely only picked out the big words. Under mediated talks, the judge has no say in allowing or disallowing observers, that is left with the NMB and the mediator. This mediator, as most with the Board, is a puppet for the company, she says no. In exchange they will break ever 30 minutes or so and relay all information to the observers waiting outside. Now I am not sure why you would be glad that the NMB is fighting having observers present. Does this justify your support of secret negotiations with the twu?

High Speed Steel said:
To date, amfa has over 50% of their members on the street. Over 47.1% of those members are from one Airline alone. The TWU on the other hand is around 16%.

-----------------------------
Where bargaining means YOU GO....!
[post="249074"][/post]​

Well using your math, no one ever retired when AMFA more than doubled their retirement at NWA so let's look at AA's numbers. Total number from AA and the twu submitted to the NMB is 22,000 M&R. There were also over 3,000 retirement at AA/TWA since 1999. We will just low ball it at 25,000 total. Current membership is now below 14,000 total with Cabin Service added in, so that equals a 44% reduction, not including those who quit. BUt for all that we get to work under the worst contract in labor history.

Latest posts