TWA 800 Investigation (very long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep saying Sanders report is fantasy but offer no reason why.

I already have, he offers no proof or sources for his information. Therefore it is a piece of fiction.

There are also just too many errors in his story to make it credible.

a pride supported by the stubbing Tomahawk cruise missile tubes

Tomahawks are launched from the VLS on Aegis cruisers.

and in just a few short weeks, the USS Normandy herself would steam into the Adriatic to relieve the USS Arleigh Burke AEGIS destroyer and take up station to bombard the Bosnian Serb rebels with a barrage of Tomahawks.

Why would they do that? Operation Deliberate Force occured in 1995 and the Dayton Peace Aggrement was signed in November of the same year. Now the Normandy did launch Tomahawks against Bosnian Serb targets, in 1995. And the ship did not return to the Med until October 1997.

http://www.normandy.navy.mil/

This signal was supposed to fine-tune the Standard missile's trajectory in order for the inboard semi active radar

Following its internal programming, it continued on its westerly course at 3000 feet per second actively searching for a target.

How could it actively search for a target when, according to Mr. Sanders, it's semi active? Now before you say it was modified show me where it was modified with an active seeker head.

For several days before the final test on July 17, an Army unit had been deployed at the Long Island site, participating in several training missions that included the launch of several drones.

And no one on Long Island noticed an Army unit drinving around with drones?

light she'd seen would turn out in one of the photos to be an image of the Navy BQM-74E Navy drone, quickly descending to its altitude coordinates shortly after its launch.

Why would an Army unit be launching a USN BQM-74E drone? The Navy uses civilian employees to do this.

Shortly before 2030 hours on July 17, an all-clear signal was givento the drone's launch platform. No general aviation or commercial aviation traffic was in the area. Is was safe.

Wait a minute, I thought the whole reason for this little fantasy excercise was to take advatage of the crowded airspace in that area.

Damn Dude! Wasn't Dis-respecting you, just bringing to the forefront , why your a staunch supporter of the "There's no way the Navy screwed up" crowd ! Very defensive, aren't we !

Oh trust me, I know from personal experience how the Navy can screw up. The problem I have is when people try to portray the deaths of over two hundred people as the result of some massive conspiracy based a story that has no supporting evidence and is full of errors as fact.

I never bought into the Navy theory, but cover-ups can easily be made when it comes to government and military. If the airline WAS hit with a missile, I think it came from other sources.

Regardless, what people come up with, IF the airliner was hit with a missile, that proves a cover-up.

I already have, he offers no proof or sources for his information. Therefore it is a piece of fiction.

There are also just too many errors in his story to make it credible.

a pride supported by the stubbing Tomahawk cruise missile tubes

Tomahawks are launched from the VLS on Aegis cruisers.

Sounds like braggadocio like you pointed out by navy seamen. VLS is a bunch of launch tubes to your average non navy type even though they are cells. So what?

and in just a few short weeks, the USS Normandy herself would steam into the Adriatic to relieve the USS Arleigh Burke AEGIS destroyer and take up station to bombard the Bosnian Serb rebels with a barrage of Tomahawks.

Looks like Normandy was in Adriatic in IFOR in late 96 from what I saw.

Why would they do that? Operation Deliberate Force occured in 1995 and the Dayton Peace Aggrement was signed in November of the same year. Now the Normandy did launch Tomahawks against Bosnian Serb targets, in 1995. And the ship did not return to the Med until October 1997.

It seems the ship disappeared between Sept 95 on 6 month deployment until October 97 per your source.

http://www.normandy.navy.mil/

This signal was supposed to fine-tune the Standard missile's trajectory in order for the inboard semi active radar

Following its internal programming, it continued on its westerly course at 3000 feet per second actively searching for a target.

How could it actively search for a target when, according to Mr. Sanders, it's semi active? Now before you say it was modified show me where it was modified with an active seeker head.

I'm sure during an extensive top secret improvement to an existing combat system costing billions of dollars, there is an unclassified mention of installing a AMRAAM head on a standard.

For several days before the final test on July 17, an Army unit had been deployed at the Long Island site, participating in several training missions that included the launch of several drones.

And no one on Long Island noticed an Army unit drinving around with drones?

Were there reports or not?

light she'd seen would turn out in one of the photos to be an image of the Navy BQM-74E Navy drone, quickly descending to its altitude coordinates shortly after its launch.

Why would an Army unit be launching a USN BQM-74E drone? The Navy uses civilian employees to do this.

What do these civilian employees wear, tuxedo's or ODG?

Shortly before 2030 hours on July 17, an all-clear signal was givento the drone's launch platform. No general aviation or commercial aviation traffic was in the area. Is was safe.

The test was of the entire system in simulated combat ops, not just the drone. I'm sure they take all precautions launching a drone relative to whats in the air at the time of launch.

Wait a minute, I thought the whole reason for this little fantasy excercise was to take advatage of the crowded airspace in that area.

Sounds like braggadocio like you pointed out by navy seamen. VLS is a bunch of launch tubes to your average non navy type even though they are cells. So what?

Shows an ignorance of naval systems on the part of Mr. Sanders.

Looks like Normandy was in Adriatic in IFOR in late 96 from what I saw.

Yes it was. That does not change the fact that Mr sanders can't seem to get his dates right.

It seems the ship disappeared between Sept 95 on 6 month deployment until October 97 per your source.

Here's what Navy ships do in between deployments. They spend time tied up to a pier or in a drydock undergoing maintenance and doing workups off the coast. Something that probably is not going to be mentioned in a ships history all that often. Maybe on nuke carrier not so much for a cruiser. Look up the history of other USN ships you will see the same mysterious disappearance.

I'm sure during an extensive top secret improvement to an existing combat system costing billions of dollars, there is an unclassified mention of installing a AMRAAM head on a standard.

Ah the SOP of a conspiracy theory. Invent a new one when holes are poked in the old one. And there is a Standard with an active seeker. It's called the SM-6 and is just now reaching the fleet.

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=2200&tid=1200&ct=2

The test was of the entire system in simulated combat ops, not just the drone. I'm sure they take all precautions launching a drone relative to whats in the air at the time of launch.

Ops that Mr. Sanders offers no proof of actually happening other than his own mind.

It still appears that ECM made a missile go blind and then reacquire a target but in this case the wrong target.

What were the scenarios of TWA 800?

Fuel tank explosion - NTSB - we're leaning that way but we can't prove it.

Bomb - FBI - No evidence

Missile - 154 credible witness' saw fireworks from surface to sky, several veteran helo pilots described military pyro - residue on seat sections - corresponding impact damage ....

Want to buy some pictures of Obama skeet shooting?

Also if I recall correctly, pilots, crew and passengers of an AZ flight behind TWA said they witnessed a surface to air object that hit the airliner before it exploded.

It still appears that ECM made a missile go blind and then reacquire a target but in this case the wrong target.

The problem with that theory is a SM-2 still needs a target to be locked onto by a ship mounted fire control radar.

Bomb - FBI - No evidence

Missile - 154 credible witness' saw fireworks from surface to sky, several veteran helo pilots described military pyro - residue on seat sections - corresponding impact damage ....

The problem is there's no evidence of a missile strike.

The problem with that theory is a SM-2 still needs a target to be locked onto by a ship mounted fire control radar.

The problem is there's no evidence of a missile strike.

I understand that.

This round hole in the fuselage fwd of the wing is interesting:

cn16123.gif

Another thing. Everybody is saying the Navy, the Navy. But could this have been a surface to air missile fired from a shoulder launcher by a terrorist group? This could have been a precursor to 9/11. This is something I have been quandering about.

http://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/summary/AAR0003.html

So why was there an AD about the center fuel tank on the 747?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back