Two AA FAs interrogated after one found bomb threat note

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it is anything as sophisticated as an individual CHAOS action. More likely, it is one of the following:

1. F/As who wanted a longer layover in MIA.
2. F/As on reserve who resented being called out for a trip.
3. F/As who had a trip they couldn't drop, and were in danger of missing a good party.
4. F/As who, because they were two tacos shy of an Acapulco platter, thought it would be funny/cute/exciting to manufacture a bomb threat.

I don't know man, but do you think this could be a product of extremely low moral and discontent?

I've been with this airline over 25 years and, maybe I missed it, but I dont remember this kinda shitz happening pre Caarty or Aarpy days...

Bob was tough to work for but at least he was straight and not lining his own pockets..

What happened to "Airline Guys" running airlines?

I don't know man, but do you think this could be a product of extremely low moral and discontent?

I've been with this airline over 25 years and, maybe I missed it, but I dont remember this kinda shitz happening pre Caarty or Aarpy days...

Bob was tough to work for but at least he was straight and not lining his own pockets..

I second that about Bob..... Wish he was still here.....

You guys would be crying about Crandall if he were still here. Can you imagine the hit that you would have taken if he were here. I am also sure he would not have waited like Carty did. On 9/12 Crandall would have been demanding pay and work rule changes.

Though I agree with your sentiment about the lack of "Airline guys" at AMR today, that has nothing to do with this incident. This incident stems from the general sense of entitlement that everyone seems to have today. And flight attendants are not immune to that. "If I can't drop the trip, I'll just call in sick/find a bomb threat note/vandalize the a/c" so that the flight is cancelled.

And, granted you didn't ever hear of this sort of thing 25 years ago, but that is a false connection. Times have simply changed. 50 years ago when I was in my early teens, my parents thought nothing of my getting on a city bus in the afternoon and going to downtown Birmingham to the Central Library to do research for a school paper until 8 or 9pm, and then riding the bus back home. Today, I wouldn't go there after dark in an armored car, and you certainly would not let a child travel alone there. However, that also has no relation to this incident.

I love it!! This thread is about the speculation of the F/A's and it turns into an Arpey/Mgmt bashing contest. Get over it, seriously.

Though I agree with your sentiment about the lack of "Airline guys" at AMR today, that has nothing to do with this incident. This incident stems from the general sense of entitlement that everyone seems to have today. And flight attendants are not immune to that. "If I can't drop the trip, I'll just call in sick/find a bomb threat note/vandalize the a/c" so that the flight is cancelled.

And, granted you didn't ever hear of this sort of thing 25 years ago, but that is a false connection. Times have simply changed. 50 years ago when I was in my early teens, my parents thought nothing of my getting on a city bus in the afternoon and going to downtown Birmingham to the Central Library to do research for a school paper until 8 or 9pm, and then riding the bus back home. Today, I wouldn't go there after dark in an armored car, and you certainly would not let a child travel alone there. However, that also has no relation to this incident.

The crew was reassigned. A reason to write bomb notes? No.

If they wrote one bomb note they're stupid. IF they wrote TWO they need to be taken out to the ramp and run over with the tug repeatedly.

Does anyone remember Gay Wilson and her bomb note that she spelled wrong? I think she spelled it bom. Meanwhile she's served 4 of 5 years this year.

the reassigned crew did not find the note. they were reassigned to replace the crew after the note was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.