Two airlines bid to provide air service to Bradford Regional Airport (The Bradford Era)

The U.S. Department of Transportation has officially announced that two airlines are interested in providing commercial air service to Bradford Regional Airport.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/searc...id=562849&rfi=6

If yopu fly for either of these two...pray you dont get this! I use to be based up there and other than freezing your arse off the only other activities are smelling the paper mill in Johnsonburgh or hanging out at the Zippo lighter museum!!! OH and I almost forgot you can hang out at the airport waiting for the weather to clear!!

If yopu fly for either of these two...pray you dont get this! I use to be based up there and other than freezing your arse off the only other activities are smelling the paper mill in Johnsonburgh or hanging out at the Zippo lighter museum!!! OH and I almost forgot you can hang out at the airport waiting for the weather to clear!!

I agree! I had a job offer from Zippo once, and it was the weirdest interview of my life. We (my wife and I) couldn’t drive through Johnsonburg fast enough. During my interview they kept stressing the fact that it was a “small town with a small town mentalityâ€￾. I thought it was a bad Steven Segal movie in the making. The Zippo museum was ok, but nothing to hang the rest of your life on. The “one company townâ€￾ got worse when you found out that Zippo bought Case Cutlery, and it was a Case as Zippo’s CEO. How straight does the family tree(s) run up there? Nothing against the fine products of Zippo and Case, but it wasn’t for us.

...both options to Pittsburgh and Washington would consist of three non-stop or one-stop round trip flights each weekday and over the weekend using 34-seat Saab 340 airplanes, which come complete with a lavatory and steward.

:lol:

It's an interesting case. The traffic volume all but disappeared while Air Midwest was flying the route and both Bradford and Jamestown were vocal in their complaints to the DOT over the inadequacies of Air Midwest service. The low bid (Regions Air to CLE flying Jetstreams) is so much lower that any of the others that it will be hard for DOT to award anything else - unless the J32's can be declared cruel and unusual punishment.

Do we really want to fly to a place where the reporter writes complete with lavatory and steward.

What is a steward?

Do we really want to fly to a place where the reporter writes complete with lavatory and steward.

What is a steward?

Haven't you seen Lord of the Rings? They'll have one of those long gray haired, drooling, mental scary guys screaming that the airplane is his domain and that he is the ruler. Should be entertaining, until someone hits the call button and the "steward" sends them out the cabin door to fight the orcs during flight.

rings.jpg

Latest posts