TWU Drive at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Is there any interest on the property to have the TWU represent ACS/Ramp instead of the IAM?  I know the TWU held a drive around 1999 for DL ramp and I believe more interest was shown for the TWU than the IAM at the time.

The TWU has negotiated an industry leading agreement at WN.  Recent IAM ramp agreements have been prolonged negotiations, meager pay increases, large increases in healthcare costs (United and US Airways).  It remains to be seen what the IAM can produce at Sprit. 

The WN CSA agreement recently ratified allows large scale outsourcing at stations not currently staffed with IAM personnel, provided smaller pay increases, increased productivity and sharp increases in healthcare costs. 

DL employees may be better served with the TWU than the IAM.

Josh

Nothing anti-IAM about this.  This is about the Transport Workers Union AFL-CIO organizing Delta Air Lines.  The TWU has held drives in the past and I believe before the NWA merger the DL employees interested in representation favored the TWU (Kev has said this is in the past).

Josh

737823 said:
Is there any interest on the property to have the TWU represent ACS/Ramp instead of the IAM?  I know the TWU held a drive around 1999 for DL ramp and I believe more interest was shown for the TWU than the IAM at the time.

The TWU has negotiated an industry leading agreement at WN.  Recent IAM ramp agreements have been prolonged negotiations, meager pay increases, large increases in healthcare costs (United and US Airways).  It remains to be seen what the IAM can produce at Sprit. 

The WN CSA agreement recently ratified allows large scale outsourcing at stations not currently staffed with IAM personnel, provided smaller pay increases, increased productivity and sharp increases in healthcare costs. 

DL employees may be better served with the TWU than the IAM.

Josh
Blasphemer!

It's an important discussion to have. DL employees would probably get better representation if either the AFA and/or TWU were also involved competing with the IAM and demonstrating the value they can provide.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.