Twu Leadership Vacuum

proAMFA

Senior
Sep 28, 2003
Jim Little,

Shame on you for masquerading as a union man. I'd be ashamed to be you. You ATD site mentions supporting Air Traffic Controllers but you show no kind of support to the men and women who are on strike fighting for the issues that affect maintenance technicians right now and in the future. Your a fraud!

I hear nothing out of the 514 either. I have seen no apologies for the Local at MCI for lining up scabs to work at NWA. You guys call yourselves union men? What part of union do YOU NOT UNDERSTAND!

I must complement many of the loyal TWU members who have supported the strikers at NWA. Truly you display what it takes to be good union members. Next TWU election it is time to clean the house.

I would like to compliment the TWU leadership in LAX and Chicago for demonstrating what true unionism is all about.

Jim-Shame on you, you can do better! Start living up to your obligations as a union man and lead.

Urge TWU members NOT TO CROSS THE PICKET LINE
Urge TWU members NOT TO FLY NWA

I don't see any signature, just another disgrunted amfa wannabee!

Local 514 has posted a letter stating "we do not do struck work!"

Been watching the Union boards at wk and cannot find that letter posted. I will admit that the TWU has proven itself better than the IAM who's members are crossing the picket line and eagerly taking over AMFA jobs while the AMFA strikers picket. I just wish the TWU would post its "no work on struck items" policy and make it clear. Also I wish the International and the ATD would behave more like unionist. I wish O'Brian and Little would take a stand and make their views known to the membership. I am a member of the TWU and I want the TWU to behave-well, like a union. As long as I am a TWU member it is my duty to hold their feet to the fire.

I know that your a loyal TWU supporter and you know I perfer AMFA but CIO I think we both agree that unions should look after the working man first. I believe you would agree that the actions that occur between NWA and AMFA will have major repercussions along the whole industry.

Real Unions do not have their members cross picket lines and scab jobs away from strikers-Labor 101. Why does the TWU perfer to take the murky road rather than the union road?

proAMFA said:
. I have seen no apologies for the Local at MCI for lining up scabs to work at NWA.
[post="292647"][/post]​

Checking it Out said:
Local 514 has posted a letter stating "we do not do struck work!"
[post="292701"][/post]​

Now, THAT is a non-answer if I ever saw one.

It's bad enough every thread in AA is hijacked into the TWU/AMFA debate, let alone almost every thread in NWA, and they don't even have the TWU!...

The debate is not AMFA v. TWU the debate is unions behaving as unions.

Back