Twu Members Come Out In Force

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
Today the debate took place as scheduled. the moderator was very professional.

There was 3 members from the Rank and File who were present on the TWU side. Amfa 0. We had 1 member from TUL-MCI-AFW on the debate team. They did an outstanding job.

Over 300 members atended the noon meeting and standing room only in the afternoon. The room held over 600 people. The News media was present and along with several members from the different locals through out the region.

Amfa Dave, Rogers and Cunningham from AFW showed their face to talk with the media and caused hate and discontent. You seen on their faces they were surprised at the amount of Participation. It was obvious they lacked the ability to debate the Members. They were asked by several members to come in and debate and refused.

Amfa members who attended the meeting were extremely upset at the fact amfa refused to participate. And several came up and said that they would not vote or support amfa anymore.

The vast majority of who attended were grateful and surprised about the amount of information available. :shock:

Give me a break most of what you just said is lies and you know it, there were very few AMFA supporters there, mostly just Officers from the various locals and retirees, if you count all the Union Stewards and eboard members from Tulsa and other locals it would be about 200 then add Retirees another 50 or so that leaves you with about 75 Rank and File members between the two meeting not very impressive if you ask me. :lol: :lol:

Raptor said:
Give me a break most of what you just said is lies and you know it, there were very few AMFA supporters there, mostly just Officers from the various locals and retirees, if you count all the Union Stewards and eboard members from Tulsa and other locals it would be about 200 then add Retirees another 50 or so that leaves you with about 75 Rank and File members between the two meeting not very impressive if you ask me. :lol: :lol:
Were you there????? I hate to tell you this but your math is WAY off partner!!!!! You were right about one thing. . .

(your quote) there were very few AMFA supporters there

The day was a success for all involved!!!!
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Don’t Expect AMFA or AMFA Organizers to Show at the TWU Debate
January 14, 2004

An open letter to the,
Mechanic and Related Employees at American Airlines..

We write to you today in response to an unsigned letter sent to AMFA’s National Office via fax on December 22nd, 2003 regarding the offer by someone calling themselves, “TEAM TWU†to send a panel of three AA Mechanics that support AMFA to debate at the Renaissance Hotel in Tulsa on January 15th, 2004. Although the letter was faxed to AMFA’s National office, neither O.V. Delle-Femine (National Director) nor any elected official from AMFA National were invited to debate the TWU. And since AMFA was not invited, please do not be fooled into attending a debate expecting AMFA to show. There was no signature on the communication but the letter indicated it was from TWU Local 514/ TEAM TWU. Our attempts to identify “TEAM TWU†turn up empty. The TWU Constitution makes no reference to any structural recognition of this group, and to our knowledge there has never been an election in Tulsa that would identify whom makes up this position or group. We do know however, the TWU Local 514 references the membership of Tulsa Mechanic and Related Workers at American Airlines. Based on the polling conducted by the AMFA Organizers and Supporters in Tulsa, it is clear that TWU Supporters along with AMFA Supporters favor attending a debate between AMFA National and TWU International Representatives. As always, we are responsive to the wishes of the members and therefore, we offered and scheduled the AMFA National Officer vs. TWU International Officer Debate at the Brady Theater on Saturday, January 17th, 2004. Only to have this TEAM TWU to run a subterfuge and try to run cover for the TWU International No Show on Saturday.

AMFA National has a standard policy that any unsigned communications received by their office like the one sent by “TEAM TWUâ€, is undeserving of a response, since this type of communication could be a hoax or a joke, and unless someone is willing to put their name on the correspondence, then they likely are not very serious in their intended communications. However, the importance of this issue is worthy of a diversion from AMFA National’s standard policy and they have now responded. We wish to make it clear that the matter of representational change is no joke. Your livelihood and futures hang in the balance of the decision you will make in the upcoming election. AMFA National’s offer to debate Sonny Hall of the TWU International was a serious attempt to allow the membership of the TWU in Tulsa to see first hand the differences between Craft Unionism versus Industrial Unionism, the structures, and the philosophies, and allow both AMFA National and the TWU International the chance to show the members why each organization feels they could provide better representation for your chosen profession.

The TWU has for months now attacked AMFA by communicating lies, half-truths, fabrications, and personal attacks. AMFA is always willing to defend the AMFA Constitution and the representation currently being provided at eight airlines in the industry. If the TWU International believes they have provided superior representation then why do they fear demonstrating that same confidence by having a structured professional debate with a neutral moderator in front of the membership?

On a local level, our mechanic supporters at American Airlines have proven their superior skills in debating the issues and communicating about AMFA amongst the work group in a mechanic vs. mechanic setting, and that superiority is shown by virtue of the 54% Authorization Cards currently in AMFA National’s possession. This debating by Mechanic vs. Mechanic has taken place for over five years, and now, the TWU wants to hold a similar debate and call it their idea.

On September 12th, 2003 AMFA National Director O.V. Delle-Femine was invited and attended an AMFA informational meeting at the Sheraton Hotel. At that meeting, both Mr. Delle-Femine and AMFA Organizers committed to scheduling a debate between AMFA National and the TWU International. We are men of our word, and that is what we have now offered, with signatures attached to our correspondence demonstrating our seriousness.

The offer still stands today. AMFA National Director and the AMFA National Executive Council Officers plan to be at the Brady Theater on January 17th, 2004. If Sonny Hall and/or Jim Little are not up to the challenge of debating the issues, then AMFA National and your local organizers will be there from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm to answer any questions you may have.

The TWU will attempt to utilize the media and local newspapers to discredit Mechanics at American for not participating in their debate. Once again please do not be fooled by these accusations. We simply do not see what is to be gained by mechanic vs mechanic debate, we believe that the debate must be between AMFA National vs TWU International. We look forward to meeting with you Saturday and Thank you for your patience.

NEW YEAR
NEW UNION
NEW DIRECTION

twuer said:
Were you there????? I hate to tell you this but your math is WAY off partner!!!!! You were right about one thing. . .

(your quote) there were very few AMFA supporters there

The day was a success for all involved!!!!
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Hey twuer,

Was there really stores, rampers, and retirees there at your meetings today? Sure looks like the twuers were having a hard time getting any Mechanic and related to show up without UB eh? :D

Life is tough when the desperation sets in, the twu is failing at a fast pace!!

Let us pray...

Let us pray that TEAAM TWU gets back on the wagon...their delusional ramblings and disinformation are pitiful and pathetic...they stoop so low as to call up some retirees, shop stewards and e-board members who had to be paid to be there...also the usual lackeys and camp followers...Rat Boy Steve Connell, Kirk "Rubber Check" Wells... even comrade Wingnut Matt Porter... were there... they then dare call the event a success...

Let us pray... for Father Flannagan who was there exorcising and casting out the TWU evil spirits... Like St. Patrick casting out the snakes from Ireland so shall Father Flannagan cast the TWU horde back under the rock from whence they crawled from...for all these things we pray...day by day and kumbaya....

Sounds to me like it was just another union meeting and nothing else. I wonder how many guys were on Union Business? Saturday should be the big show down, Even if nobody from the TWU International shows up it should still be a good Informational meeting. I hope some one from the TWU ATD shows up to debate, well maybe after a vote is called you may see the other side crawl out from under the rock...... :p :p

The meeting saturday is an attempt to rally the 60 amfa wantabes. By the way Amfa has paid people to attend also.
Just for your Information the vast Majority attended on their own time.

You can spin the numbers all you want but the talk will be the same, facts don't lie. Amfa failed to show in the room. Amfa showed they lack the ability to go up against the members and show they could not take the heat. In order to standup for what is right you have to go forward not coward. The TWU has gone to your meetings and have been thrownout several times. If you read the fine print on Saturday's meeting you will see they still retain the authority to kick people out.

Amfa Failed to perform, Plain and Simple!!!

Just remember you will be retired someday, And when amfa negotiates away you medical and changes to a 401k retirement program! Just remember you made the stupid statements. Another me fraternal association?

Since amfa will not get in at AA we don't have to worry. And I hope you are never in a position to lead especially with the narrow minded attitude.

CIO,

For a group that is convinced and confident AMFA will not win at AA, you guys sure spend alot of money and time fighting your "non-enemy".

Your actions and your obvious fear do not match your statements of confidence.

What percentage of the attendees at your pep rally will even be receiving an NMB Ballot? I say less than 25% there in attendance backing you will even get a ballot.

You were forced to seek retired personal who are clearly "early out" package "I got mine" unionist, plus you had to call out the stock clerks, and fleet service clerks.

Your meeting was a well put together anti-Dave Stewart Rally. You fail to understand AMFA and membership rule, you believe attacking one of the leaders will stop this drive. Stewart could die in a car wreck tomorrow and you would still face the wrath of your membership via an NMB Ballot.

God Bless Democracy, God Bless Freedom.

Checking it Out said:
Just remember you will be retired someday, And when amfa negotiates away you medical and changes to a 401k retirement program! Just remember you made the stupid statements. Another me fraternal association?
Hey Rocket Scientist (CIO) The TWU did negotiate our retirements and medical one step away from being gone. Lets see....

Paycut equals less pension,
Paycut equals less 401K contribution,

We all lost as TWU members and will continue to lose until we get payed $10.00 an hour. Then the TWU will be proud to have saved jobs through concessions.

BTW: As of January 1st. we took a 6% paycut. Do you know how this happened?

C.O.L.A. = 4% increase.
Medical copayments = 2% increase.

Add it up, you can use a calculater if you want.

I suggest that you do a little research before you post LIES and Misinformation!!

:down: :down: :down:

Let us pray for CIO...

Let us pray hard for CIO, who seems to be the most in need of prayer... Yeah half the room be packed with STORES CLERKS and the other half with TWU reps on UB...he claims it is the AMFA supporters who are the paid ones and it is the TWU who was victorious...Poor CIO cannot see the truth even though it is in front of his face....Wipe off that tobacco drool, CIO...PUT DOWN THE TWU KOOL-AID LACED JUG AND REPENT!...REPENT I SAY AND BE STRONG ...Yeah it is contrary to your cowardly nature...come to the light of AMFA and fight the REAAL enemy...
For all these things we pray....

I attended the meeting yesterday and observed all that transpired.. If you consider having all E-board present, some past including retirees (concerned mostly with restroom location) Marion Finley, Art Luby along with shop stewards and some brought in from MCI and AFW .. Taking into consideration the audience was more heavily represented by stores and fleet service .. Considering all that then yes you had wonderful pep rally/ staged media event for about 125-150 people at times.. But take away all the forced or coerced participation and you may come up with a more believable figure around 40-60 during that first show.

Two or three gentlemen trying to speak on AMFA's behalf were shouted down and belittled with cat calls and finally in the ultimate show of democracy they were cut off from further questions by the moderator citing that participants were only allowed one question each... After this your mock debate turned into disorganized pep rally whereby people would step up to the microphone make a statement against AMFA or David Stewart while the panel of three looked on and the audience clapped its approval.. Many false statements were made along with the sweeping generalizations attempting to cast every management decision regarding layoffs at other airlines as AMFA's fault.

In my opinion AMFA missed a golden oppourtunity to gain media exposure and have audience to the most diehard twu members while engaging them in a legitimate debate of the facts.. I predict Saturday will be a mirror image with no twu participation, limited media coverage and an audience that agrees with itself... What does this accomplish?? Why could neither side suck it up and give an inch to accomodate the members instead of posturing and argueing over who sent a damn letter first..See you again Saturday but what do you really hope to accomplish in another room full of people all going one way??? :down:

Jim Anderson Tul dock 4D

Oldweirdharold said:
I attended the meeting yesterday and observed all that transpired.. If you consider having all E-board present, some past including retirees (concerned mostly with restroom location) Marion Finley, Art Luby along with shop stewards and some brought in from MCI and AFW .. Taking into consideration the audience was more heavily represented by stores and fleet service .. Considering all that then yes you had wonderful pep rally/ staged media event for about 125-150 people at times.. But take away all the forced or coerced participation and you may come up with a more believable figure around 40-60 during that first show.

Two or three gentlemen trying to speak on AMFA's behalf were shouted down and belittled with cat calls and finally in the ultimate show of democracy they were cut off from further questions by the moderator citing that participants were only allowed one question each... After this your mock debate turned into disorganized pep rally whereby people would step up to the microphone make a statement against AMFA or David Stewart while the panel of three looked on and the audience clapped its approval.. Many false statements were made along with the sweeping generalizations attempting to cast every management decision regarding layoffs at other airlines as AMFA's fault.

In my opinion AMFA missed a golden oppourtunity to gain media exposure and have audience to the most diehard twu members while engaging them in a legitimate debate of the facts.. I predict Saturday will be a mirror image with no twu participation, limited media coverage and an audience that agrees with itself... What does this accomplish?? Why could neither side suck it up and give an inch to accomodate the members instead of posturing and argueing over who sent a damn letter first..See you again Saturday but what do you really hope to accomplish in another room full of people all going one way??? :down:

Jim Anderson Tul dock 4D
I mostly agree with your post Jim. However, If the twu was serious about a debate, why the hell did they schedule a debate with NO twu INTERNATIONAL (the people leading this twu farce) and on a thursday when I and most AA employees have to work?

It seems to me the twu wanted to debate AMFA, they just didn't want it to count, which is why Sunny or lITTLE was not there. The twu used stores and the ramp to fill the room, and called in retirees, NONE of which can vote in our upcoming representational vote. We debate ourselves on the floor everyday. I WANT the leaders of the AMFA and the twu to go at it, on a day when I can attend WITHOUT using my few vacation days I have this year. What would of happened if AMFA National and its supporters DID come to the twu farce??? Could they have seated another 300??? NO!!!! They had too many rampers, retirees and stores clerks in the room. They planned it that way. Why???

AMFA's call for a debate met all those criteria which I listed. The LEADER of AMFA will be in town, ready to debate the twu INTERNATIONAL!!!!!! On a weekend!!!! When most of the members of the twu are off work!!!!! At the Brady which is big enough to seat everyone with no problem. Why won't the twu INTERNATIONAL show up????

I DO NOT want to see a debate with kirk wells, bob kirk, matt porter, rick mullins, kevin lesperance, or any other twu minion that we can and do debate on the floor everyday!!!!! It means nothing. What good does it do??? They don't make or enforce twu policy system wide like the twu international.

The facts are this: AMFA's leaders will be in Tulsa. The twu's leaders will still be under their rock, hiding like the cowards they are. Letting their twu lemmings take the hit for them. True twu cowardice in my eyes.

AMFA missing an opportunity??? No way Jim, I disagree. AMFA's leaders will step up to the plate on the 17th, and the twu's will not. CASE CLOSED.

The twu looses again. :up: