Twu

Buck

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 20, 2002
www.fairtax.org
1995.jpg

The point is that I knew you would respond.

So why did you respond, were your feelings hurt?

Are you denying that there is a direct link to the founding of the TWU and the communists?

As for altering the document, I altered the cover, you have altered the contents contract after contract, concession after concession. The altering of the cover was intended to show a link to the TWU's past.

What is the concessional altering of the contents designed to do?

You aren't serious??? Don't you have anything better to do with you time Buck??? You want AMFA in don't you?? Why don't you post positives about AMFA, what they are doing for the profession, how they are protecting it??? What's that......you can't.......you have nothing to post????? Sorry!! Go back to what you were doing then!!

Another bite, thanks Bill your true color is showing now. Go ahead and attempt to push this issue aside. If I had intended to post about AMFA I would have titled the post AMFA. You are not that slow are you?

Buck said:
Another bite, thanks Bill your true color is showing now. Go ahead and attempt to push this issue aside. If I had intended to post about AMFA I would have titled the post AMFA. You are not that slow are you?
There is no issue Buck, that's just it. I am not a communist and I am the TWU!! The guys I work with are not communists as are not the fellas in Dallas at the ATD, they are as well the TWU.

So what is your point Buck?? Wait...............hold on...let me get into the Buck mode of thinking..............................................................
.....................okay, (deep breath)......... TWU was ran by communists in the past so that proves that we are all communists today. ............. Oh, I get it now. :huh: :huh: :huh:

What a joke. Why don't you focus on the real issues Buck. Like the things I mentioned in my previous post. Aren't those the real issues??

The real issues?

That is exactly what the TWU has been avoiding for many years. The real issues are the concessions the TWU has negotiated in every contract since 1983.

Can you also tell me where your dues go and what they are used for?

Please don't answer for contract negotiation, because we sure have not received our monies worth.

Buck said:
The real issues?

That is exactly what the TWU has been avoiding for many years. The real issues are the concessions the TWU has negotiated in every contract since 1983.

Can you also tell me where your dues go and what they are used for?

Please don't answer for contract negotiation, because we sure have not received our monies worth.
The real issue here is which union would you rather see as the bargaining agent at AA. Now, you can put up all kinds of propaganda and spout off all kinds of rhetoric but this kind of strategy will get you nowhere. I haven't been on these boards for a long period of time and don't make it a point to come here too often (unlike some who have made a career out of this) but I see the games that are being played. It's a he said-she said type of thing. You argue the concessions under the TWU I argue the layoffs of huge porportion under AMFA. I'ts never ending cycle.

If you put up a picture of a communist sickle on top of the TWU agreement why don't you finish what you started. Get your point across the first time.

And yes Buck I don know where my dues go. It is not unlike millions of other union workers paying their dues. I guess they are all wrong as well. Better try another angle Buck 'cause this one ain't doin' it for ya'!! I guess that's what you get when you try to run with the big boys huh Buck??

The Concept of “Craft or Classâ€￾

This is Federal Legal concept “Craft or Classâ€￾

In accordance with the Railway Labor Act, the Federal Government has decided that certain work groups have a mutuality of interest at the bargaining table and in advancing worker related issues, and that groups outside of that particular craft or class should have no participation in how the union is run or at least in the initial decision as to who represents that work group. And so Pilots vote with Pilots, and Flight Attendants as matter of law are prohibited from voting with the Pilots. And in turn, the Pilots are prohibited by law from voting with the Flight Attendants because they are considered to be in different Craft or Classes by the National Mediation Board. And Mechanic and Related Workers within the Airline Industry are entitled by law to vote just amongst themselves.

Supporters of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) believe that it comprises our mission to remain associated within a union structure with other crafts or classes that according to Federal Government do NOT share our mutuality of interest. The mission is further compromised when we remain associated with other crafts or classes within the union structure of “majority ruleâ€￾ and our particular craft or class is the minority in size. The Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA) is the only union in this current debate at American Airlines that says “We will forbid ourselvesâ€￾, it will be unconstitutional for us to go and represent baggage handlers, flight attendants, or passenger service clerks, and we will not let ourselves do that because this would compromise our mission. We wish the baggage handlers and other crafts or classes on the property the very best, but they cannot pick our pockets, we wish them to get the very best on their own, but they should no longer be allowed to ride on our backs. In other words, it is time for the airline industry to decouple the mechanic vs. baggage handler pay and benefit structure. It is suffice to say that since deregulation of the airline industry which since enactment has created enormous competition and pressure on airline ticket pricing, and that has resulted in the craft or class of mechanic and related workers suffering in economic buying power, and especially when compared to the Pilots and Flight Attendants who at American belong to craft specific unions. In the mid 1970’s, the Flight Attendants of American Airlines were also represented by the Transport Workers Union of American (TWU), and just as the mechanics today seek a change to a craft specific union, they also left the TWU in favor of the independent Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA) The craft or class of Mechanic and Related at American Airlines can no longer afford to remain in an organization that advocates a linking of different work groups that according to law do not share a mutuality of interest.

Regardless of good or bad economic times, and regardless of whether the union is negotiating concessions to prevent a bankruptcy filing or negotiating from economic growth with corporate profits, the formula by which the economic pie is divided amongst the union membership is a union decision. The recent concession are a clear case in point, because American Airlines was demanding $620 Million in concessions from the TWU, but how those give backs were divided up was a union decision, not a company decision. And the facts are clear, that the craft or class of Mechanic and Related at American took more than our fair share of that amount, and it is also clear this was a union decision.

AMFA IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR SKILLED TECHNICIANS

The "COMMUNIST" statments regarding the TWU come from the history of the TWU. This does not indicate every TWU supporter is a Communist, but this does give us a clear indication of why "change from within" fails. The original TWU Constitution was funded and written by the Communist...

Intransit.jpg

So Bill, where do your dues go and what are they used for?

I do not believe I said any member was wrong. I do believe there are members who are have no idea where there dues monies go and if they did they would do what they could to correct the situation.

You're fishin' boys but I ain't bitin'. You're not taking what I say and spinnin' my words the way you do everyone elses. I'm not that stupid, I know exactly where you are headed with your question.

Tell me Buck, what are you doing to "correct the situation"????? Come on now, make yourself look real good for your AMFA buddies!! This is your chance to shine!!!

Bill said:
You're fishin' boys but I ain't bitin'. You're not taking what I say and spinnin' my words the way you do everyone elses. I'm not that stupid, I know exactly where you are headed with your question.
There is no more "heading" anywhere Bill.

The TRUTH already hit you in the face. The TWU founding was funded and supported by the Communist, plain and simple.

What part of the "Role of the Communist" don't you understand?

Bill said:

Tell me Buck, what are you doing to "correct the situation"????? Come on now, make yourself look real good for your AMFA buddies!! This is your chance to shine!!!
You have already taken the bait Bill.

Why do you think you are even partially stupid?

I do not believe that you are stupid to any degree.

What am I doing? I am attempting to remove the TWU as the Representative of the mechanic craft and class.

If you know where this is going then answer the question, the truth will not hurt you. Where do your dues go and what are they used for?

Latest posts

Back