TWU

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
I am not going to start a poll. But I would like to ask everyone if they still want to stick with the TWU after this plays out.

I would especially like to hear from the staunch TWU supporters.

With options being what? Another union?

I always thought Delta mechanics did just fine pay wise compared to the rest of the industry minus the union dues...just sayin.

I am not going to start a poll. But I would like to ask everyone if they still want to stick with the TWU after this plays out.

I would especially like to hear from the staunch TWU supporters.
For once I believe your handle is approperate! Good Luck to all!!!

For once I believe your handle is approperate! Good Luck to all!!!

The one bright side to this mess we are in, is that I am excited about the possibility of dumping the TWU.

And to CMH_GSE, yes I would opt for another union. As much as I dislike the TWU, the no union option in not an option for me.
At JFK, we have quite a few guys who quit DL to come at AA and some right before AA filed for BK...
They don't respect seniority and the "right" guys work all the ot.

I have no doubt TWU has to be changed.
What it takes for the people to realize this union does not look for the best to our craft (AMTs)?
Willing to consider any option but IAM.

The one bright side to this mess we are in, is that I am excited about the possibility of dumping the TWU.

And to CMH_GSE, yes I would opt for another union. As much as I dislike the TWU, the no union option in not an option for me.
At JFK, we have quite a few guys who quit DL to come at AA and some right before AA filed for BK...
They don't respect seniority and the "right" guys work all the ot.
I have no doubt TWU has to be changed.
What it takes for the people to realize this union does not look for the best to our craft (AMTs)?
Willing to consider any option but IAM.
Craft has nothing to do with it. The problems arise mainly from the attitude of the "representation" that even those sweeping the floor are entitled to a wage approaching that of those who bothered to learn a trade. Add to that the attitude of the "elite" in the offices that none are worthy of a decent paycheck unless they wear a tie to work and we have the makings of the present mess.

That's a difficult problem to address because both extremes/sides are working against skilled labor as hard as they can.

Craft has nothing to do with it. The problems arise mainly from the attitude of the "representation" that even those sweeping the floor are entitled to a wage approaching that of those who bothered to learn a trade. Add to that the attitude of the "elite" in the offices that none are worthy of a decent paycheck unless they wear a tie to work and we have the makings of the present mess.

That's a difficult problem to address because both extremes/sides are working against skilled labor as hard as they can.

Mabye the elites in the office are just looking at you the way you look at the guy sweeping the floor. :huh:

There seems to be many no votes in my area. Some are being swayed by the Early Out money, because they are leaving, some by choice, some not.
I was in hanger 5 all weekend all but 1 I talked to was a solid no. (Even some new hires were no voters. Sept. 11 senority). Can't say the same for CRC. I would say 60/40 No. I say when asked I can't retire im not on the layoff list. Im one of the unlucky bastards that has to live with it so I'm a No..

I've signed every card for every drive since I hired on so I am obviously still a yes.
So many guys have been here for 20+ years but we will never see the TWU voted out if after this crap they can't see:
#1 AMTs aren't given respect for their education and responsibility
#2 The TWU will allow pay and benefits to dwindle to last in the industry to keep the dues flowing

The problem is that with every new contract that allows unlicensed mechanics, we lose numbers and passion for protecting the craft.

talk is cheap!

the majority continues to support the TWU by voting in concessionary contracts and fails to sign the cards that would boot the TWU off the property. We'll soon find out if this holds water.......I don't believe for second that TUL has the nads to vote this POS down. After all, your friends at the INTL saved over 2K jobs, right?

Craft unions are probably not interested in representing people that continue to diminish our profession. At least I wouldn't if I was AMFA, AMP or any other non AFL-CIO affliated union.

Latest posts

Back