U Bk

diogenes

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
The Palace figures they can finesse the 1113 language.

I have seen nothing of substance in the 'Transformation Plan', outside of skewering labor, that could not have been accomplished outside of BK. All Lakefield can talk about, like Siegel before him, is labor.

They figure the political climate is right, and it is.

This BK is mostly about labor.

Here's a tip for union negotiators.

Propose a parity agreement using WN, B6 and AW as comparables, weighted for their impact on U's route structure.

Watch the Palace run screaming from the table - they do not want ANY part of WN compensation considered, even as they admit WN is killing us.

Or, overlay WN's labor costs onto U's business model - U would still lose $$$$.

diogenes said:
The Palace figures they can finesse the 1113 language.

I have seen nothing of substance in the 'Transformation Plan', outside of skewering labor, that could not have been accomplished outside of BK. All Lakefield can talk about, like Siegel before him, is labor.

They figure the political climate is right, and it is.

This BK is mostly about labor.

Here's a tip for union negotiators.

Propose a parity agreement using WN, B6 and AW as comparables, weighted for their impact on U's route structure.

Watch the Palace run screaming from the table - they do not want ANY part of WN compensation considered, even as they admit WN is killing us.

Or, overlay WN's labor costs onto U's business model - U would still lose $$$$.
[post="179738"][/post]​

Yup. Absolutely correct, Diogenes. The truth hurts.

But there is another difference between US and WN that has not been accounted for: wealth.

While US has been building a mountain of debt, WN has been building an empire of equity.

All things equal, the cost of US's debt must be borne by both it's employees and its shareholders.

WN can afford higher wages because they have little or no debt payments.

I, too, am a former employee of a former airline. Come what may, this one will also be my last.