U Honors Language of 1113 Letter????

mlt

Senior
Dec 2, 2002
www.usaviation.com
ALPA's motion to protect their pensions is scheduled for Friday. Will US Airways honor the language of 1113 to protect flight attendant pensions? The language states:
1. Neither the company nor any affiliate will file or support any motion pursuant to 11 U.S.C. Sections 1113, 1113(e), 1114, 1114(h) or any other provision of the Bankruptcy Code, seeking rejection or modification of, or relief or interim relief from, the AFA Restructuring Agreement. (a Motion).
2. The Company and its affiliates will actively oppose any such Motion if filed by another party.
So, we await the actions of the corporate attorneys to determine if they are honoring their word!!! Anyone like to take a guess?

PineyBob,

Perhaps my memory has failed me. I thought that you told us that you used to work as a corporate “hackerâ€￾ and decided that you couldn’t stomach it. And way back when the unions had barely begun to give-back you said, “Sadly, we haven’t seen anything yet.â€￾

If I have confused you with someone else, then please forgive me for attributing prescience to you.

By now only the ostriches can’t see who is next and where this is going to end up.

Zeph

PineyBob,

“for awhileâ€￾ ??

Yes, there never really is an end.

The “share holdersâ€￾ have not yet watched all their water get flushed down the toilet, though they know it is only a matter of time.

And have we forgotten about all the productivity issues that remain. Even though employees now cost less than SouthWest, they are not being used as efficiently. Standby…

If Wolf had accepted Herb Pay, the employees would have accepted the SouthWest Contract in order to keep operating 420 planes (instead of 200 some). BBBut obviously there was no interest in emulating SouthWest Executive pay. 500 or so planes will soon be contracted to operate in appearance as U but not by U. (Unbeknownst to most passengers there will be far more capacity on U affiliate carriers than on U itself.)

Wool blankets continue to be the rage.

Zeph

Latest posts