UA #1 in 2002 On-Time Performance

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 5:54:44 AM will fix for food wrote:

UnitedChicago......

OK, I have to say it. Your unrelenting cheerleading for UAL is just plain odd. I have never seen anybody get such a big hard on over anything, let alone a corporation. What gives?

----------------
[/blockquote]
No kidding...give it a rest already.

Jeebus H. Cripes!

With that kind of attitude UAL employees like you have towards customers who LOVE the airline, UAL *needs* to go under.

What's so bad about a fanatic customer? I am one. I also am a former intern and gate agent.

FANATIC CUSTOMERS are exactly what UAL needs to develop so that it can survive. The way it looks to be, UAL's current business model is becoming the niche model, with the simple-fare model becoming increasingly dominant. If UAL wants to still have some of those high yields, loyal customers are what it needs.

Some of you guys really need to be furloughed if you haven't been already. You're just no good to the company.

My father worked for United (he's retired). United was good to us and me. They put clothes on my back, etc.

Now I'm a loyal customer/premiere exec. While I don't work for United, I'm an avid follower of United and the entire industry.

Call me what you want - but I will continue to compliment the fine work you all do.

Have a nice day!

Still trying to figure out how it's an "unsubstantiated accusation" that ACARS flights can cheat (even when it is admitted to be possible), yet it's standard knowledge that all SWA pilots pencil whip the arrival times.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/4/2003 12:56:37 PM Segue wrote:

I think DOT uses on-time departures, not arrivals, in the stats.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Seugue,

The quote below is from the DOT's web site. So, as I said before it doesn't matter what time you leave the gate just as long as you get to the other end within 14 minutes. All the brake releasing, loading bags in the alley and and jocking for departure doesn't matter if the pad is built into the schedule to arrive at the other end within that 14 minutes.

"On-time flights

A flight is counted as "on time" if it ARRIVED at the gate no more than 15 minutes after the scheduled arrival time shown in the carriers' Computerized Reservations Systems. "

[blockquote]
----------------

Still trying to figure out how it's an "unsubstantiated accusation" that ACARS flights can cheat (even when it is admitted to be possible), yet it's standard knowledge that all SWA pilots pencil whip the arrival times.
----------------
[/blockquote]

...and judging from our on-time performance, I guess I need to start whipping that pencil a little harder!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 9:30:46 AM N230UA wrote:

Some of you guys really need to be furloughed if you haven't been already. You're just no good to the company.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Just because somebody doesn/t paint their house blue and grey doesn/t mean they should be laid off.

I bet that if you laid off every employee who realized that UAL was just a company who employs them as opposed to an object of worship you would save a WHOLE lot of payroll.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 9:53:49 AM UnitedChicago wrote:

My father worked for United (he's retired). United was good to us and me. They put clothes on my back, etc.

Now I'm a loyal customer/premiere exec. While I don't work for United, I'm an avid follower of United and the entire industry.

Call me what you want - but I will continue to compliment the fine work you all do.

Have a nice day!
----------------
[/blockquote]

I/m not saying it is wrong, just that it is creepy. REALLY creepy.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 6:51:52 PM UnitedChicago wrote:

"Again..I fail to see your point. I don't have naked pictures of 777's on my wall. I don't stalk 727's in the dessert."

No, those people hang out at airliners.net. Talk about hardcore geeks.

"Don't forget mr. fix...it's pax like me that help pay your salary.

a little respect please."

OK..Just giving you a hard time. Most people that have worked at an airline for longer than about 6 months find other peoples fascination with the business odd and/or amusing. Being an airline employee, particularly these days, is a bit of a drag.

BTW, did I mention that those people at airliners.net are freaks?

----------------
[/blockquote]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 6:34:27 PM UnitedChicago wrote:

I really don't understand how it's creepy.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Hmmm...how do I put this... if UAL were Britney Spears she would have had you arrested for stalking long ago

Again..I fail to see your point. I don't have naked pictures of 777's on my wall. I don't stalk 727's in the dessert.

Don't forget mr. fix...it's pax like me that help pay your salary.

a little respect please.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 12:21:23 PM KCFlyer wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Will someone PLEASE tell me how to cheat on ACARS "In" times. KC, after his many years in the back of jets knows it's done, but nobody will tell me how. "In" times are recorded when the parking break is applied for the last time and the DOOR IS OPENNED!! "Out" time is IRRELLEVENT!! IT IS NOT REPORTED!!! UA's rise to the top is from a combination of lower traffic at our hubs (a benefit ALL airlines SHARED) and the efforts from ALL our employees. In the past (Dutta Days) we frankly did not put a real premium on OT performance. If you lived in DEN and were a business trav, you flew UAL, PERIOD. If you lived in ATL, you flew DAL. It was considered better to take lates just to get that last connecting pax onboard, orto minimize reserve crew usage. There has been a fundamental paradigm shift.