Ua Seeks 6 Month Extension For Reorg

firstamendment said:
Please stop putting down that this or any other post is for UAL employees/customers only. USaviation is NOT limited to any one group's opinion.
Boo Hoo.

Sorry but those are the rules.

767jetz said:
Boo Hoo.

Show me the rules. I'm here. What are you going to do, send a bitter little threatening letter telling me I can't be here. BTW, no boo hoo here, I just stated that there is no restrictions here because the forum is not a person specific site or you would need a specific password. Why do people like you always have to be deleted? Go ahead, preacher moderator, work your editing magic.

firstamendment said:
767jetz said:
Boo Hoo.

Show me the rules. I'm here. What are you going to do, send a bitter little threatening letter telling me I can't be here. BTW, no boo hoo here, I just stated that there is no restrictions here because the forum is not a person specific site or you would need a specific password. Why do people like you always have to be deleted? Go ahead, preacher moderator, work your editing magic.
In defense of 767jetz, I don't believe that there are any rules against P.R. firms registering and posting on USAviation.com, are there? ;)

I flew UA about five years ago and still have a Mileage Plus account; does that make me a "customer?" Can I post on your site, huh? Can I? Can I? Please . . . can I?

nw a330,

Nope. To post here you must purchase a non-refundable business class ticket, with the required Saturday night stay over. :p

UnitedChicago said:
I'm glad that they are taking full advantage of ch11 and not rushing things. Sounds like October will be a big month for details to be released.

Keep up the great work! :up:

WASHINGTON -- UAL Corp. (UALAQ), the parent of United Airlines, is asking the bankruptcy court overseeing its case for six more months to file a Chapter 11 reorganization plan without the threat of other parties filing plans for the carrier.

According to a motion filed late Monday and obtained by Dow Jones Newswires, UAL is asking the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Chicago to extend the company's exclusive period to file a plan through April 6. If UAL files a plan by that date, other parties would be further prohibited from filing plans through June 7 while the carrier solicits votes for its plan.
:( Are you kidding me who are you do you not see that when you are in BK you are not in control of your company and if UAL doesn't get a real plan together quick it could get nasty oh by the way that LLC are the employees working it make any less I don't think so ......SO why do you think it will do any better than the last try.

Doc:

Today United was granted their 6 month extension. I didn't read any release that mentioned any objections from the creditors commitee. When the creditors commitee starts balking - you know things are bad.

United's position on each of the 4 issues standing in the way of ch11 exit can only improve with more time.

They are best served to take every single last advantage of ch11.

UnitedChicago said:
Doc:

Today United was granted their 6 month extension. I didn't read any release that mentioned any objections from the creditors commitee. When the creditors commitee starts balking - you know things are bad.

United's position on each of the 4 issues standing in the way of ch11 exit can only improve with more time.

They are best served to take every single last advantage of ch11.
This new LCC has been tried before but when you pay the employees the same money to work it as main line employees it doesn’t work. I believe they need the extension because their plan has some big holes in it and contrary to your belief being in BK to long is not good when you are not in control of your company it is never good. That pension issue is not going to go away no matter how much time they spend in BK.

Doc said:
This new LCC has been tried before but when you pay the employees the same money to work it as main line employees it doesn’t work.
Doc,

Comments like this show how little you really know about the airline business.

First of all, did it ever occur to you that the new labor contracts have the LCO cost structure built into them. It has nothing to do with LCO employees making the same as mainline. If anything, now mainline employees makes as little as the LCO employees. You've got it backwards. Not only are the LCO costs low, but the company now also has the same cost advantage on much of the mainline.

Secondly, it is the work rules that will make the LCO effective, not the pay rates of employees. Shuttle never had even close to the cost structure that the LCO will have. Plus it will be opeated much differently than before.

And by the way, Shuttle was successful competeing with SWA at first. It wasn't until our old management used Shuttle to feed the hub instead of compete on point to point that things started to go south.

LCO will be a completely different approach than Shuttle. Comparing them is apples and oranges.

But you still have to pay those #%$@^$% overpaid mechanics!!! You know, the ones that make $30/hr vs SWA $37/hr....aahh....hhhmm...never mind :D

The Ronin said:
But you still have to pay those #%$@^$% overpaid mechanics!!! You know, the ones that make $30/hr vs SWA $37/hr....aahh....hhhmm...never mind :D
The Ronin <------ this cat will always have a bad attitude no matter what. :lol: Did you learn your lesson son? Now, drop and give me 50 maggot!! :D I bet you would've voted yes on the first offer back in November now that you know you don't have any leverage against bankruptcy huh maggot? Like Jim said, Experience is the best teacher, but fools learn no other way.

767jetz, I agree with you. Good post.

Tell me something then brother....it's pretty well accepted that the ATSB WAS NOT GOING TO OK THE LOAN REGARDLESS OF THE MECHANICS VOTE. With that said, would we have not been in BK anyway? Would the company not have implemented whatever they wanted as they have? Problem is, you want to play the game. You don't like rocking the boat. Soft and simple. Go with the flow. I'm an anarchist by nature. Never voted yes on anything here at the U. What the pilots and company were trying to pull off was BS and you know it. Yeah, it has cost us dearly. Yes, I wish my friends were back and none of this had happened. But you know what you say when the "horde" is at the wire, and all you have is a handful of 5.56, no choppers for extract and some cherry 2nd Lt says.."platoon...fix bayonets!"......
"F**K IT" and :D

Pretty theatrical but you get the point. All aside, you've gotta have an out. I'm about as positioned as I'll ever be if this boat sinks...and I gotta admit...that's a good feeling.