Ual Is Getting Attractive To Others

Alright, come on guys (and gals), American and United both have fine safety records. Yes, AA has had a few accidents in recent years, but I believe they operated for over 16 years (1979 to 1995) without a hull loss or passenger fatality...a very stellar record indeed.

United, on the other hand, experienced several accidents during a time of flawless operations at AA. Why do we have to stoop to such levels? We are all in this industry together and personally, I have nothing but respect for my airline breathen (brethen?) , no matter what logo (s)he wears on his back.

Let's discuss and debate without casting stones at each other, especially when all of us live in glass houses (come to think of it...some of us live in ivory towers :D).

Peace,

Jamake1

JAMAKE1 said:
United, on the other hand, experienced several accidents during a time of flawless operations at AA. Why do we have to stoop to such levels? towers :D).

Peace,

Jamake1
[post="277965"][/post]​

Are you giving an example of 'stooping to such levels' in the same post that you decry it?

RowUnderDCA said:
Are you giving an example of 'stooping to such levels' in the same post that you decry it?
[post="277966"][/post]​

Dude: I WORK for United! I just think going down the path of comparing safety records is silly. My POINT was, that each airline goes through peaks and valleys in terms of successes, failures, and accidents...got it? Sheesh!